The Student Room Group

Bored and have no idea what I'm doing with my life AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Lets see how you like it.

If you want meaning in your life I tihnk you should...

Spoiler

I hate you.
Original post by SophieSmall
I considered it briefly.

But for one I wouldn't be a strong candidate (pretty poor high school education and completely unrelated college education), I would need to get a bunch of work experience and I can't afford unpaid work and I would also need to pay for a year of the degree myself which means I'd also need to take even more time out to save up the money.

That and although I love medicine, I don't think I could handle the hours or intensity at all. I have a variety of health problems and sleep is a big issue for me, I would not function well as a doctor.

I'm not really happy with my degree no, I've found my degree has just sucked any passion or care I had left for the subject away and I dislike many aspects of my course and have realised far too late that lab work and research is not for me.

I don't think so, but then again I don't know what degree I'd pick instead if I went back.

Well don't fret too much; At least you won't end up unemployed with a biomedical degree! : - )
Original post by KyleH123
Well don't fret too much; At least you won't end up unemployed with a biomedical degree! : - )

haha...I think you are quite mistaken.
You can end up unemployed with almost any degree these days.
haha...I think you are quite mistaken.
You can end up unemployed with almost any degree these days.

Well it's certainly an employable degree.
I hate you.

Original post by KyleH123
Well it's certainly an employable degree.

Depends what you want to be employed as.
Eh what kind of grad job? They're all so damn vague in the adverts I've no idea what these jobs even are.

They pay more than min wage and need a degree?
Depends what you want to be employed as.

I mean, if you dislike the graduate prospects of biomed, I think most supermarkets have graduate managerial trainee-ship programs.

Some of which pay very well.
They pay more than min wage and need a degree?

I mean what the hell do you actually even do?

Pretty much every advert I've come across is just asking if you want to work for this great company and yadda yadda and they say nothing about what the job role even is. It pisses me off to no end.
(edited 8 years ago)

k.
I mean what the hell do you actually even do?

Pretty much every advert I've come across is just asking if you want to work for this great company and yadda yadda and they nothing about what the job role even is. It pisses me off to no end.

http://www.stemgraduates.co.uk/job/microbiologist-1350.htm

25k :eek3:

Also in Yorkshire.

You'd go from having hardly anything to rolling in money :smile:

Get applying.
(edited 8 years ago)

Also asks for a bunch of experience I don't have.

Also can't leave the North West area. My mum is becoming less independent I can't move away so that limits me even further.

Also can't leave the North West area. My mum is becoming less independent I can't move away so that limits me even further.

I did think of that :frown:
I did think of that :frown:

It's okay :tongue:
It's okay :tongue:

http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TmF0aGFuLkZhaXJodXJzdC4yMDY2MC41ODE4QHNyZy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20

Jobs like that are lower paying which might give you a better chance.

Maybe have a look what jobs are out there and/or ask your uni for help in deciding what your dissertation is. See if you can taylor it to an area that would help you get a job?
Reply 75
Ask me anything. :smile:

oh ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TmF0aGFuLkZhaXJodXJzdC4yMDY2MC41ODE4QHNyZy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20

Jobs like that are lower paying which might give you a better chance.

Maybe have a look what jobs are out there and/or ask your uni for help in deciding what your dissertation is. See if you can taylor it to an area that would help you get a job?

Even Lancashire is a bit far to be honest.

I'm not even sure if I want to pursue science any more I've hated my course so much recently.
AMA and imwill ALWAYS answer

Spoiler

Allo :smile:

I study Biomedical Sciences.

What are you hoping to do after uni? Do you like your course?
Original post by Black Rose
What are you hoping to do after uni? Do you like your course?

I have 0 clue what I want to do after uni to be honest, kind of the reason for this thread.

No not really to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest