The Student Room Group

Polish prime minister says Poland is not likely to take Africans and Muslims

Scroll to see replies

after the number of poles that have come to the UK, all of the syrian refugees ought to be sent straight to poland to see how *they* like it. what hypocrites.
Original post by itsmecatherine
I have actually conducted a work about impact of polish small businesses on british economy as a part of my IB matura exam. Tried to keep it as objective as possible, but mostly I have analyzed the clear results from areas like stock exchange, all supervised by a teacher with a degree from Oxford. The impact turned out to be positive for economy growth, GNI, regional unemployment rates (they fell). Interesting that the only area that turned out to be "negative" was a portrait of a polish immigrant created through the media. I will not discuss the practical implication of results, as obviously I don't live in Britain yet and have no right to put myself in your shoes yet. Like I stated before I am 100% against immigrants knowing no english. Using fingers or gestures to try make a doctor's appointment instead of proper language is just ridiculous regardless of nationality.
As it comes to education and colleges, this is not as colorful. Just to have an ability t apply through UCAS you have to either pass language exams or do english-only programme like me with high grade prediction. Then, whe you get an offer you are not allowed to receive any monthly allowande like student loan. We do pay the same fees as the brits and on the same conditions (aka 9000 pounds just like you). Additionally we pay lot of money for all the needed language skils tests, vaccines, airplane tickets, accomodation (UK has completely different Purchase Power Parity than Poland so for ex 100 pounds per week accomodations is actually quite expensive) but this is the sacrifice we are gladly willing to make tbh.

College is different, especially in scotland, you get your fees paid and a monthly allowance as its lower than degree level, at degree level you get loans to cover things, and it says a lot when under ethnicity there is a box for Polish but not French, German, Hungarian, Romanian etc and this is people who came here for work originally then decided to go to college so they are treated the same as home students, was interesting though as at each programming interview I have been in last 3 years it has been Polish women wanting to do programming, but out of 10 interviews in 3 different towns every time had a few Polish applicants and each one asked how much money they would get in grants!

Of course it will seem better for the economy when wages drop, people say that is a stereotype but I am older than many on TSR, 10 years ago I was working in a factory getting £9 a hour, double time for weekends, treble for bank holidays and quadruple for Christmas and New Year, now its minimum wage and 100% Polish staff.

So in that sense the statistics can be manipulated, if the employers are paying lower wages they have higher profits and I know for a fact in the areas where I grew up with in themselves had higher unemployment even in the 90s entire factories being Polish workers, that one I mentioned a few times before immigrants began coming here was so swamped with local British applicants they had to give potental staff entrance exams (for a job in a factory no less) and so only took the best, now its 100% Polish and they run a free bus 18 miles away to next town to the very estate where they live and locals are desperate, but according to figures unemployment has fallen,

That may because of the rise of zero hour contracts and the such.

Heres something also interesting, I was born with a Polish surname (though unsure how to spell it) I was turned down for many jobs before, so reapplied for same jobs with the same application and was given interviews for each one, and then when called for interview the first things the interviewer said were essentially "uh you are British, oh sorry the jobs been taken" But then seen the same job advertised weeks later.

Another thing which you will agree with due to your views on language is In the city I see many jobs advertising in English and Polish, but surely if the staff can't speak English how can they deal with customers? Especially when some of the jobs I saw advertised were things like selling mobile phone contracts to customers.

The problem is a little to do with the people that come here and a little to do with employers taking advantage knowing it creates more competition and therefore lower wages.

Interesting to know as part of your research on how its good for the economy, even if it did help bring money in, wouldnt that be offset to a point by the larger strain on healthcare and education?
Original post by drbluebox

Interesting to know as part of your research on how its good for the economy, even if it did help bring money in, wouldnt that be offset to a point by the larger strain on healthcare and education?

Well, I would say from working in Healthcare, that the strain is largely caused by the rapidly increasing elderly population. Immigrants tend to be younger and in my opinion, tend not to come to Hospital unless they have to.

Good post by they way.

I would also say that employers might prefer Polish workers because they are less likely to unionise as well as taking lower wages and more hours. That would correlate with falling levels of Union membership in the Private sector.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, I would say from working in Healthcare, that the strain is largely caused by the rapidly increasing elderly population. Immigrants tend to be younger and in my opinion, tend not to come to Hospital unless they have to.

Good post by they way.

I would also say that employers might prefer Polish workers because they are less likely to unionise as well as taking lower wages and more hours. That would correlate with falling levels of Union membership in the Private sector.

True I was meaning part of that too, there was something I read last summer about this Polish worker trying to organise a mass strike around the UK of Polish people as he felt underappreciated (when in fact he was arrogant) so wanted to show the UK how they would be on their knees without Polish workers.

He didn't realise that Polish workers get more jobs because they are less likely to unionise and thus do things like strikes!

But part of what I meant about healthcare and education is that because more people are there it means less opportunities, I hear that schools in areas of high immigration are the lowest ranking and teachers say that is because many kids speak different languages, plus means more kids to teach, and healthcare means longer waiting lists which were bad enough, so even if only a small percentage needs treatment it still adds to an already bursting service.

And money spent as I have seen a few local councils having to get staff to learn basic Polish due to enquiries due to people not speaking much English if any when that money could of been spent elsewhere.

My local council has made the housing staff learn basic Polish, yet they just cut back on social work for me and others due to lack of funding!
Reply 144
Original post by Mauryan
Then they should also let Britain stay the way it is instead of flooding in almost a million of them into britain and changing Britains demography within just 10 years.

Poles and other Europeans in UK will never be able to change the demographics, in fact they will asimilate into Brits with time. The Muslims on other hand are the one who you will never assimilate and will parasating in the UK.
Diversity only refers to making something less White.

Why isn't Africa more diverse? oh it is. Ethnically diverse that is. Europe was ethnically diverse before we had any mass non-White immigraiton.

This is racism towards us. But it isn't racism because racism only means White racism...

They want you to believe we're the racists but it is all White people who are being robbed of their ancestral homeland and a future NOT YOU.

So anti-racist social justice warriors **** off.
Reply 146
Original post by sleepysnooze
after the number of poles that have come to the UK, all of the syrian refugees ought to be sent straight to poland to see how *they* like it. what hypocrites.

Why dont you Brits just migrate to Poland instead?

It is white and Christians. there is no racial tension since the country is 99% white, and it has a good economy.
Original post by slaven
Why dont you Brits just migrate to Poland instead?

It is white and Christians. there is no racial tension since the country is 99% white, and it has a good economy.

because poland is a poor ex-communist shithole where there's no wonder polish people are hauling ass to escape it in favour of richer countries. did I really need to even state the obvious here? kind of a dumb question lol
Who would want to go to Poland anyway?
Reply 149
because poland is a poor ex-communist shithole where there's no wonder polish people are hauling ass to escape it in favour of richer countries. did I really need to even state the obvious here? kind of a dumb question lol

That was until 2008 when a lot of Poles migrated. Meanwhile many of them are coming back. And it is predicted that by 2025 it will surpass Germany in terms of GDP.

Personally I would rather go to Poland rather than in this islamistic shithole called UK and London, where you can get stabbed by lunatic Muslims like in Woolwich. Where the men are to pussies so that they are scared to stop them.
Original post by slaven
That was until 2008 when a lot of Poles migrated. Meanwhile many of them are coming back. And it is predicted that by 2025 it will surpass Germany in terms of GDP.

Personally I would rather go to Poland rather than in this islamistic shithole called UK and London, where you can get stabbed by lunatic Muslims like in Woolwich. Where the men are to pussies so that they are scared to stop them.

so you're saying "people should go live in poland right now" even though it's not 2025 yet? and by the way that's an absurd claim which I wish you'd give me a link of evidence for - but can you blame me for the scepticism when their current minimum wage is 1000% (or x10, to put it less dramatically) lower than ours? does germany have a similar minimum wage? (rhetorical question)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 151
so you're saying "people should go live in poland right now" even though it's not 2025 yet? and by the way that's an absurd claim which I wish you'd give me a link of evidence for - but can you blame me for the scepticism when their current minimum wage is 1000% (or x10, to put it less dramatically) lower than ours? does germany have a similar minimum wage? (rhetorical question)

http://www.thenews.pl/1/12/Artykul/198590,Report-Poland-could-become-a-%E2%80%98globally-competitive%E2%80%99-economy-by-2025

Yes, the minimum wages may be lesser than yours, but also all others parameters are cheaper there than in UK. For instance food, electricity, consumer goods are less chepaer. So, you got the same.

Note that Poland is one of the few countries that did not experiance the recession from 2008.

I love it because they are proud people and good standard at the same.
Reply 152
Anyway the UK is a multicultural-diverse shithole.
Original post by slaven
Poles and other Europeans in UK will never be able to change the demographics, in fact they will asimilate into Brits with time. The Muslims on other hand are the one who you will never assimilate and will parasating in the UK.

Lol keep thinking you and the british are the same simply because you have white skin. It doesn't fool anyone. A slav is always distinguishable.

It's funny how slavs think they have more right to be in the UK than a Black or Asian just because they have white skin completely disregarding british history.

Lol no one in their right mind would believe that Poland would take over Germany economically. His link is obviously a polish one and even that it starts of with a big "If".
Immigrants "a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country." You are saying 'immigrants' are only African and Muslims??? most people coming from middle east and Africa are 'Asylum Seekers' which means a completely different thing .
Reply 156
What you've done to our populations is a disgrace White people will never forgive you.
Reply 157

There's no hypocrisy in this. Most of Polish people easily assimilate into English culture, as they share many liberal and Christianity-influenced values.

It's a bit too optimistic to imply that a Polish immigrant in England has the same mentality, culture and skills as a Syrian immigrant in Poland. (That's not to say Syrians cannot integrate into Polish culture, it's just that it's simply much harder for them to do so than for a Pole in England.)

This is just like me saying "after the number of english people who come to Spain, all of syrian refugees ought to be sent straight to england to see how *they* like it."

Who is the real hypocrite now?
Reply 158
Original post by Mauryan
Lol keep thinking you and the british are the same simply because you have white skin. It doesn't fool anyone. A slav is always distinguishable.

It's funny how slavs think they have more right to be in the UK than a Black or Asian just because they have white skin completely disregarding british history.

We are not the same, but similar in term of judeo-Christians culture not race.

I do not say they have any rights on the UK (neither claim it), only suggested that from the position of the UK it is better import people with similar culture than muslims.

Muslims wil comit atrocities with time, demanind that the society adapt to them. So they are a danger.
Original post by Jebedee
What are the EU going to do? Invade and overthrow the government and turn it into one big migrant camp?

Please do, I'd rather get some immigrants and get rid of our current govnmnt. :wink:

/waiting for the special forces to come for me after the recent invigilation bill was passed/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending