The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

I feel like I am slowly losing going insane ?

I sleep very little and when i do it is only a few hours at maximun , i am going to miss classes again because my mind and body are going to be complete and utter mush , eating feels like a chore , pretty sure I have become an alchoolic oh did I mention i haven't had a decent night sleep since the december holidays . I hate this : I hate that i can't concentrate , i hate that i am missing lessons , i hate that i probably ****ed at this point academically (on the plus side insomnia gives me alot of free time to do my essay :tongue: ) ,I hate that i am trembling and I hate the fact that every night devolves into me waiting for the morning for me only to realise i literaly have no energy to get up . I don't even know what the point of this post is anymore as it becomes more and more ranty . I guess my question is what should i do ? ( i am seeing a councellor and got to go a CBT thing but I am losing patience and it is only a matter of time before i **** up ) am i simply not suited for university and should quit ?
Apologies for bad writting not that i expect anyone to read this mess of a post
Original post by cynicalpleb
I sleep very little and when i do it is only a few hours at maximun , i am going to miss classes again because my mind and body are going to be complete and utter mush , eating feels like a chore , pretty sure I have become an alchoolic oh did I mention i haven't had a decent night sleep since the december holidays . I hate this : I hate that i can't concentrate , i hate that i am missing lessons , i hate that i probably ****ed at this point academically (on the plus side insomnia gives me alot of free time to do my essay :tongue: ) ,I hate that i am trembling and I hate the fact that every night devolves into me waiting for the morning for me only to realise i literaly have no energy to get up . I don't even know what the point of this post is anymore as it becomes more and more ranty . I guess my question is what should i do ? ( i am seeing a councellor and got to go a CBT thing but I am losing patience and it is only a matter of time before i **** up ) am i simply not suited for university and should quit ?

Some people would recommend sleeping pills have you ever used them, just out of curiosity..?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RickmanAlways
Some people would recommend sleeping pills have you ever used them, just out of curiosity..?

Yep I have tried those they work to some extent (only 2-3 hours sleep ) but the GP said to take only every 2-3 days . To be honest I feel like crap after using them maybe i am just having got use to them yet
but yes I have
Yep I have tried those they work to some extent (only 2-3 hours sleep ) but the GP said to take only every 2-3 days . To be honest I feel like crap after using them maybe i am just having got use to them yet
but yes I have

K, even though I hate pills I have to ask, do you take antidepressants?
Reply 4
K, even though I hate pills I have to ask, do you take antidepressants?

no i have not and to be honest I would rather not
no i have not and to be honest I would rather not

Some of the reasons you might not be able to sleep are:
Drinking coffe after noon
Drinking too much alcohol

Ways that can help you sleep:
Sex
Step away from the phone
Aromatherapy

When i cant sleep I focus all my energy of breathing
Focus on your diaphragm and breath in for four counts and out for eight dont rush the breaths and lie with your eyes closed, also taking alexander technique classes can help relive stress and tension that my be causing you to 'non sleep' .

Hope this helps.
if you need help just pm me
Reply 6
Some of the reasons you might not be able to sleep are:
Drinking coffe after noon
Drinking too much alcohol

Ways that can help you sleep:
Sex
Step away from the phone
Aromatherapy

When i cant sleep I focus all my energy of breathing
Focus on your diaphragm and breath in for four counts and out for eight dont rush the breaths and lie with your eyes closed, also taking alexander technique classes can help relive stress and tension that my be causing you to 'non sleep' .

Hope this helps.
if you need help just pm me

Thank you for the advice but I have tried the majority of those except for a few that i will attempt
your input is appreciated
Thank you for the advice but I have tried the majority of those except for a few that i will attempt
your input is appreciated

Yw
Reply 8

I'm midway through my Masters and feeling quite similar to you... The only difference is that when i'm tired and lethargic I can't be bothered to write essays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending