The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse English Language B

Scroll to see replies

That's an amazing grade. You must be buzzing! Well done you!
Original post by claireybell2477
That's an amazing grade. You must be buzzing! Well done you!

I really am. Thank you :smile:
B for me 😉I am really happy as I am Italian and this exam was really hard for me 😘
Original post by Stellina7
B for me 😉I am really happy as I am Italian and this exam was really hard for me 😘

That brilliant well done! :smile:
Original post by Becky2014
Well done! :smile:
I got a B which I was not expecting so I'm really pleased.

Well done guys, did you write too much to get this grade because I always feel I can not write too much.
Results day! I hope that everyone got the grades they wanted - I got an A* :h: So pleased!

What did everyone else get?

Original post by Becky2014
Well done! :smile:
I got a B which I was not expecting so I'm really pleased.

Give me some tips to be able to get a C grade pleaseeeee.
Original post by fadim
Give me some tips to be able to get a C grade pleaseeeee.

I got a B on the exam, I think that you should just make sure that you ace the comprehension (Section A) , try to get as many marks as possible there. In Section B, try to use as many references from the two texts. Section C I suck at it so.... but do the one you are best at and practice it.
Practice past papers and look at the mark schemes Fadim. There are about 8 papers I think. It's worth the work, trust me! I really believe that I got my A* because I meticulously studied them and knew how to respond to the questions properly. I knew what they were expecting.

For Section B: write quite 'pally' and informally. Write as though you are talking to your school mates because you are. Just don't use slang etc. Use humour and show off! Lively responses get the most marks!

Cover all 3 bullet points equally (use 3 highlighters for both the texts and use a different colour that relates to each of the 3 bullet points. Highlight all the info before you get writing section B. Takes about 15 minutes. Don't rush the highlighting. Do what the question is asking you. Highlight accordingly so you refer back to what you've highlighted and respond to each bullet point as you go along. It keep you on track for section B.

Check out Mr Bruff on YouTube. He was a godsend!

For section C, check out Mr Salles on YouTube and have a look at his creative writing videos. He explains what examiners look for no matter what exam board you're with.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IComputerScience
I got a B on the exam, I think that you should just make sure that you ace the comprehension (Section A) , try to get as many marks as possible there. In Section B, try to use as many references from the two texts. Section C I suck at it so.... but do the one you are best at and practice it.

Practice past papers and look at the mark schemes Fadim. There are about 8 papers I think. It's worth the work, trust me! I really believe that I got my A* because I meticulously studied them and knew how to respond to the questions properly. I knew what they were expecting.

For Section B: write quite 'pally' and informally. Write as though you are talking to your school mates because you are. Just don't use slang etc. Use humour and show off! Lively responses get the most marks!

Cover all 3 bullet points equally (use 3 highlighters for both the texts and use a different colour that relates to each of the 3 bullet points. Highlight all the info before you get writing section B. Takes about 15 minutes. Don't rush the highlighting. Do what the question is asking you. Highlight accordingly so you refer back to what you've highlighted and respond to each bullet point as you go along. It keep you on track for section B.

Check out Mr Bruff on YouTube. He was a godsend!

For section C, check out Mr Salles on YouTube and have a look at his creative writing videos. He explains what examiners look for no matter what exam board you're with.

Good luck!

Aww, thanks guys, I really needed these very helpful tips.Thanks again, you are fantastic.
Reply 149
can someone please tell me how to answer question 10! its stressing me out! i partially think I'm resitting the exam because of it as i was only 2 marks off and had no idea on what to do for question 10
Original post by dem210
can someone please tell me how to answer question 10! its stressing me out! i partially think I'm resitting the exam because of it as i was only 2 marks off and had no idea on what to do for question 10

I feel same as you, I hope, it will be really easy exam.
Also, if I cannot do the section A very well,I think I cannot pass this exam...
Anyone taking this exam in June? What do people think will come up section B??? Any tips I NEED to pass this exam.
Original post by Jakegil
Anyone taking this exam in June? What do people think will come up section B??? Any tips I NEED to pass this exam.

On the 9th of June, I hope I will do this exam very well and pass it. I do not want to do it again because I need to do my level 3 course in September. I do not want to lose one more year.Good luck everyone whoever takes this exam....
Reply 154
Original post by Jakegil

I did this exam last year and got an A*. What really helped me was that I had a few story lines in mind for Section C so that I could adapt one of the 3 title options to it. Thankfully, one of the titles fit perfectly so the exam went well for me. I was also so worried about running out of time that I went through the exam really quickly and ended up with an hour to spare! I went over everything and checked my work at the end. For section B, I went over the rules for writing letters, speeches etc by watching revision videos on YouTube so I felt prepared for whatever I had to write. Good luck in the exam! I hope you get the grade you want :smile:
Original post by mols99
I did this exam last year and got an A*. What really helped me was that I had a few story lines in mind for Section C so that I could adapt one of the 3 title options to it. Thankfully, one of the titles fit perfectly so the exam went well for me. I was also so worried about running out of time that I went through the exam really quickly and ended up with an hour to spare! I went over everything and checked my work at the end. For section B, I went over the rules for writing letters, speeches etc by watching revision videos on YouTube so I felt prepared for whatever I had to write. Good luck in the exam! I hope you get the grade you want :smile:

Wow! How did you get Grade A....I just want C grade but I am not sure how I can get it...
Thank you Mols99 that's very useful. I've done a few past papers and am using youtube videos to help me. I need a C or above in this exam so any help would be massively appreciated as there seems to be a limited amount online.
Does anyone have any advice/tips for section C. How should i write it??
I am really worried about this exam... To get a C should not be hard but I feel like it is really hard....
what is the mark for it to get grade C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending