The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123flaw
Anyone heard from Blackfriars (Oct 2016) following interview on Sunday?

Was told it would be the end of the week - wasn't sure if working week or not.

Yeah -- my housemate got the pupillage offer and he's going to accept it.
Original post by Forum User
No surprise given that according to Pupillage Gateway they are not even offering a pupillage this year...

I did have my suspicions ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 642
Original post by The Barista
Yeah -- my housemate got the pupillage offer and he's going to accept it.

Congrats to him. When did he hear?
Original post by LegalLab
I applied for their excellence award and interviewed for it on Monday. I was surprised how early the application was due although I think it's maybe been done at this time so people know if they have got one before accepting a course offer

Good luck! I do get their reasoning re knowing before accepting a place, and fully approve, I just thought it would have made more sense to know if you'd gotten an offer in the first place, first (ie. like the City scholarships, which are offer dependent, rather than acceptance dependent) :biggrin:
BPTC offers coming out.

I know it's not the most edge-of-your-seat part of the process but I thought it might be worth commenting on.

I've been emailed an offer from City but haven't heard from the other two and can't log in to barsas :dontknow:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
BPTC offers coming out.

I know it's not the most edge-of-your-seat part of the process but I thought it might be worth commenting on.

I've been emailed an offer from City but haven't heard from the other two and can't log in to barsas :dontknow:

Weird, my City one was last of the three. Don't suppose there is much difference between them anyway. I'm probably going to go to ULaw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Weird, my City one was last of the three. Don't suppose there is much difference between then anyway. I'm probably going to go to ULaw.

Were any of them BPP? (I'm going to take a wild guess not.)

My second and third were BPP Manchester and London :laugh:
Were any of them BPP? (I'm going to take a wild guess not.)

Yeah, City, ULaw, and BPP. Wanted to stay in London and study full-time so no choice really. I won't go to BPP though - one time was enough for me.
Reply 648
You'll all get offers for the BPTC. They want your money. This isn't a thread for that! Take it elsewhere.
Yeah, City, ULaw, and BPP. Wanted to stay in London and study full-time so no choice really. I won't go to BPP though - one time was enough for me.

Well my regional one came through now, so it's fine.

Yeah I figured you wouldn't want to go there. I guess there's no reason not to make the app anyway :dontknow:

Original post by Tiny92
You'll all get offers for the BPTC. They want your money. This isn't a thread for that! Take it elsewhere.

I'm exercising my executive authority as THREAD STARTER to allow it :elefant:
Original post by Tiny92
Immature. Start a new thread.

After your self-entitled, bitter public rants about how everyone should be paying you expenses for the privilege of having you attend an interview, and now your officious, unnecessarily confrontational posts here, I'm beginning to think you have no social awareness whatsoever.

I hope for your sake that your personality does not shine through at interview.
After your self-entitled, bitter public rants about how everyone should be paying you expenses for the privilege of having you attend an interview, and now your officious, unnecessarily confrontational posts here, I'm beginning to think you have no social awareness whatsoever.

I hope for your sake that your personality does not shine through at interview.

Seconded.
Original post by Aforcemajeure
Hey - has anyone heard anything from 7 Bedford Row?

Original post by LegalLab
No, nothing yet]

No me neither. I don't think I even had an acknowledgement of my application - you?

The website says mid-March for interviews so I don't think we need to worry yet.
People who've done this before:
Does anyone know what time of year the Inns (particularly Inner) let you know about scholarships?

Last Inner interviews are 12th March and I was told that we would hear soon after, i.e. before the deadline for accepting BPTC places (or at least that is what I believed).

Original post by LadyLaw23

On another note, did anyone apply for the BPP scholarships? I just looked at their site and found out the deadlines had all already passed! Considering the ULaw and City dates, a bit early, isn't it? :s-smilie:

Yes I applied for an Advocacy award. The deadline for one of the awards (social outreach/pro bono) is still yet to come if you feel you fit the criteria?!

Would be interested to hear progress reports from anyone else who applied. The shortlist - interview turnaround on the timetable is quite quick given that they appear to be sending out interview prep by post!
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Last Inner interviews are 12th March and I was told that we would hear soon after, i.e. before the deadline for accepting BPTC places (or at least that is what I believed).

Much obliged :hat2:

Have you heard from BPP (edit: BPP London) now? I had a personally addressed email at 12.02!

Also has anyone by any chance heard from Cardiff (my regional option)?
Have you heard from BPP now? I had a personally addressed email at 12.02!

Also has anyone by any chance heard from Cardiff (my regional option)?

I've heard from Manchester (12:22), haven't from London yet. I got my first choice offer at 12.02 so maybe there's a pattern here :holmes:

I'm assuming BarSAS is broken for everyone and it's not just me.
I've heard from Manchester (12:22), haven't from London yet. I got my first choice offer at 12.02 so maybe there's a pattern here :holmes:
I'm assuming BarSAS is broken for everyone and it's not just me.

But City (12.05) was my first choice, not BPP! haha. Yes BarSAS is well and truly down for me too.

(edit: having said that, BarSAS immediately started to work! You can see the status of each offer at the bottom of the pages! Was rejected from Cardiff, ouch!)
(edited 8 years ago)
But City (12.05) was my first choice, not BPP! haha. Yes BarSAS is well and truly down for me too.

Was Cardiff your third? Because BPP London was my third.

I don't understand how they're doing this. I would have expected the emails to have been automatic. Is there actually a guy in an office typing people's names into the emails? Otherwise, why the random times?
Was Cardiff your third? Because BPP London was my third.

I don't understand how they're doing this. I would have expected the emails to have been automatic. Is there actually a guy in an office typing people's names into the emails? Otherwise, why the random times?

See edit above. Log in to BarSAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending