The Student Room Group

Boyfriend broke up out of the blue

Nothing here.
(edited 7 years ago)
As it was long distance, it seems likely that he "doesn't feel the same" due to the infrequency of seeing each other. Maintaining an LDR is hard and some people would prefer a relationship with someone they can see often.

Don't wait to see if he changes his mind. He broke up with you, and if you get back with him you'll be constantly thinking about this - there will be a lot of insecurity and things won't be the same. Go no contact and move on from him.
Original post by georgiaswift
As it was long distance, it seems likely that he "doesn't feel the same" due to the infrequency of seeing each other. Maintaining an LDR is hard and some people would prefer a relationship with someone they can see often.

Don't wait to see if he changes his mind. He broke up with you, and if you get back with him you'll be constantly thinking about this - there will be a lot of insecurity and things won't be the same. Go no contact and move on from him.

That's what I was thinking, and I don't think I can be on edge all the time wondering whether he will change his mind again. Harder said than done though. Thank you
Original post by slowdive
That's what I was thinking, and I don't think I can be on edge all the time wondering whether he will change his mind again. Harder said than done though. Thank you

It will be difficult to do but if you don't you won't be able to move on. PM me if you want to talk or if you need motivation :P
LDRs suck. Recommend avoiding them.
Definitely avoid so you can move on.
Original post by TorpidPhil
LDRs suck. Recommend avoiding them.

I didn't really mind the LDR part, it had its perks. Less distractions, and always looking forward to seeing them. But then I guess like this situation, you can easily let the feelings fade
Reply 7
LDR, sudden change of heart, no real reason... He's met someone else. Sorry, but it's the most likely reason. Don't chase him, grieve for the relationship but find a way to move on.
Original post by Helenia
LDR, sudden change of heart, no real reason... He's met someone else. Sorry, but it's the most likely reason. Don't chase him, grieve for the relationship but find a way to move on.

I've had that hunch, he was quite defensive when I asked him about that. God it is hard being on the receiving end of a heart break lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending