The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
I got an offer at 5 this evening!!!
Original post by Jamie12
I got an offer at 5 this evening!!!

noice
Offer today :smile: Interview was the third of february. I'm a reapplicant and seem like a couple of reapplicants got offers today.
Reply 343
Impatiently waiting! So nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 344
Original post by tinababy
This is really weird.., why is St. Andrews releasing offers if they haven't finished interviewing???

I'm still to have my interview on the 9th of March and I'm stressing about it.

I haven't had my interview either (16th March), I'm sure they're only giving offers to those who performed exceptionally well at interview stage. However they should still have enough offers to give out to the remaining applicants who haven't been interviewed yet.
Reply 345
Original post by Zitka
Offer today through Track at 14:02. I'm an overseas student and my interview was Feb 16th. :smile:

Well done! How do you feel your interview went?
I'm also an overseas applicant, have my interview coming up on the 16th! Where are you from?
Original post by Dzidze
I haven't had my interview either (16th March), I'm sure they're only giving offers to those who performed exceptionally well at interview stage. However they should still have enough offers to give out to the remaining applicants who haven't been interviewed yet.

Hey! I have my interview on the 16th as well!
Any Canadian students applying for the Scottish Canadian Medical Program?
Reply 348
Original post by Dzidze
Well done! How do you feel your interview went?
I'm also an overseas applicant, have my interview coming up on the 16th! Where are you from?

I'm Canadian with Canadian and US qualifications but I didn't apply to through the Canadian pathway. I didn't think the MMI was too bad. It's pretty short--only 6 stations--and if you've read up on MMI for any other school, you'll know exactly what you're in for. The roleplay station was my first and I was a little frazzled before I got into the swing of it but I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Best of luck with your interview!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 349
Anyone else with an offer going to the Open Day on the 9th?
Reply 350
have any rejections been given out yet?
Reply 351
Original post by Golden Robster
We can cry together

I have my interview on the 9th

My interview was last week, so yeah I doubt they will be that quick with mine..
Hi everyone, since I will be coming for an interview soon, I wonder what is the best way to get from Edinburgh airport to st. Andrews? Is there any direct connection?
Original post by piofernix
Hi everyone, since I will be coming for an interview soon, I wonder what is the best way to get from Edinburgh airport to st. Andrews? Is there any direct connection?

The best and cheapest way is to get the Jet 747 bus from the airport to Ferrytoll station and then change to the X59 which takes you direct to St Andrews. Ask for a ticket to St Andrews when you get on the 747 at the airport and show it to the X59 driver when you change.

Don't do what I did which was to get the 100 bus (I think?) to central Edinburgh and frantically search for the bus station in the middle of winter at 11 at night for a bus to St ansrews - not fun. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by TheMouseyS
The best and cheapest way is to get the Jet 747 bus from the airport to Ferrytoll station and then change to the X59 which takes you direct to St Andrews. Ask for a ticket to St Andrews when you get on the 747 at the airport and show it to the X59 driver when you change.

Don't do what I did which was to get the 100 bus (I think?) to central Edinburgh and frantically search for the bus station in the middle of winter at 11 at night for a bus to St ansrews - not fun. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you, do you remember how much the ticket costs? Also, where did you stay for the night? Because St. Andrews is so small, I am thinking of finding some accommodation in Edinburgh.
There's a Premier Inn in St Andrews
Original post by piofernix
Thank you, do you remember how much the ticket costs? Also, where did you stay for the night? Because St. Andrews is so small, I am thinking of finding some accommodation in Edinburgh.

Can't remeber the ticket price, sorry. Personally, I considered booking a hotel in Edinburgh but would definitely recommend staying in St Andrews. It'll give you a chance to relax before the interview rather than turn up stressed out and exhausted after travelling. I stayed at The Albany which was great - the staff were really lovely and it's right in the centre of town so you can do a bit if exploring before the interview. Seeing the pier and cathedral ruins really made me fall in love with the place so I'd stay in St. Andrews if I were you. You flying in from London or are you international? :smile:
I got an offer agggghhh!!!!!!!!!
Original post by TheMouseyS
I got an offer agggghhh!!!!!!!!!

Ah well done! :biggrin:
When was your interview?
Original post by setarcoppiH
Ah well done! :biggrin:
When was your interview?

Cheers :smile: Jan 15th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending