The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EleonoraDi
I applied for Law with international relations! They offered me a place just last week :biggrin:

Cool! I have an offer for 544 from Sussex (I'm an international student doing AP exams) for Law with a Language. I'm happy because I've already achieved 43 and I'm predicted 55443. Probably not going to make it my insurance but it depends on what Southampton and Birmingham say, likely going to firm Bristol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Queen Mary or Nottingham? I don't mind the cities at all, just asking in terms of education, quality, reputation, employment.. :smile:
Original post by asgunsur
Queen Mary or Nottingham? I don't mind the cities at all, just asking in terms of education, quality, reputation, employment.. :smile:

Nottingham 100%. Its reputation among law firms is unquestionable :smile: In fact, is it the 4th best regarded law school in the country (after Oxbridge and Durham) according to a chambers student survey.
Many people here say it is amazing in terms of quality.
As for QM, I woulnd't say it can be compared to Nottingham, Bristol etc. It is a good law school but can't say it's top.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
Nottingham 100%. Its reputation among law firms is unquestionable :smile: In fact, is it the 4th best regarded law school in the country (after Oxbridge and Durham) according to a chambers student survey.
Many people here say it is amazing in terms of quality.
As for QM, I woulnd't say it can be compared to Nottingham, Bristol etc. It is a good law school but can't say it's top.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just need to be convinced, I hate the feeling of regret :biggrin: thank you !! I don't mind getting other people's opinions too??? :smile:
I just need to be convinced, I hate the feeling of regret :biggrin: thank you !! I don't mind getting other people's opinions too??? :smile:

LSE or Bristol for law?
Original post by Cholesta
My son got a conditional one for law, this evening.

Congrats :smile:
LSE or Bristol for law?

If the reputation of the uni and employability after graduation is more important then LSE, although Bristol is still good for both. If the uni experience as a whole is more important, then Bristol will probably offer a better 'student life'. I was debating KCL over Nottingham until recently, until someone mentioned that studying in London could potentially feel like going to work every day, due to how different London 'campuses' are to other uni's. Hope this helps :smile:
LSE or Bristol for law?

I really don't know as I haven't looked at them at all. I could not apply to LSE and I had thought that my LNAT won't be enough for Bristol.
But I have always been reading your posts and I really think you know these things, so if you don't mind can I ask you which school would you and your son prefer, Queen Mary or Nottingham ? :smile:
Original post by CJaneH
If the reputation of the uni and employability after graduation is more important then LSE, although Bristol is still good for both. If the uni experience as a whole is more important, then Bristol will probably offer a better 'student life'. I was debating KCL over Nottingham until recently, until someone mentioned that studying in London could potentially feel like going to work every day, due to how different London 'campuses' are to other uni's. Hope this helps :smile:

If you were choosing between QM and Nottingham, which one would you choose? (in terms of education, employability and quality) :smile:
LSE or Bristol for law?

Cholesta!!! Well done to your son for getting into LSE! Knew he'd make it!! :smile:

I really don't know as I haven't looked at them at all. I could not apply to LSE and I had thought that my LNAT won't be enough for Bristol.
But I have always been reading your posts and I really think you know these things, so if you don't mind can I ask you which school would you and your son prefer, Queen Mary or Nottingham ? :smile:

Nottingham is considerably better in terms of reputation. If I were you I'd go for Nottingham for sure, but you need to evaluate whether you will like the course and particularly the city.
Original post by Sebby123456789
Anyone still waiting to hear from Bristol?

I am!

Nottingham most definitely. Have you been to see it? Beautiful campus, tutors who are really interested in you and highly respected for law. Queen Mary isn't in a great area but it's still a good university although it's not Nottingham.
Nottingham most definitely. Have you been to see it? Beautiful campus, tutors who are really interested in you and highly respected for law. Queen Mary isn't in a great area but it's still a good university although it's not Nottingham.

No, I am trying to arrange a day to see it. I am an international student :smile: Thank you for your answer :smile:

I really don't mind the city as I think I will have to study hard and stay on campus most of the time. I thought I could have a London experience in postgraduate or if I get the chance to work in London firms :smile:

Since I am an international student, I have to secure a job in order to stay in the UK, so I have to choose a university which has good employability :smile:

Me too.
Original post by *Stefan*
Cholesta!!! Well done to your son for getting into LSE! Knew he'd make it!! :smile:

Nottingham is considerably better in terms of reputation. If I were you I'd go for Nottingham for sure, but you need to evaluate whether you will like the course and particularly the city.

Thank you!!!
LSE or King's College London?
I'm just happy Cholesta's son got LSE lol but seriously I wish my mum was that supportive tbh..
Did anyone apply to reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending