The Student Room Group

Hillary Clinton's lying compilation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HucktheForde
Bernie sanders doesn't. His views doesn't flip flop as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sanders wasn't a businessman
Original post by Can'tStumpTrump
Sanders wasn't a businessman

No **** sherlock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know she's corrupt when even some Feminists decide not to back her.
Unfortunately though its going to be clinton v trump and as vile as Clinton is, she's 1000 times better than trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
I'm not sure if that makes him better or far far worse. Either he is a hypocrite or he simply has no beliefs and will switch to whatever position suits him at that time. Stellar candidate.

I actually had a rather interesting discussion about what sort of person makes the best leader, we came to the conclusion that there are two main groups, the first consists of the very highly principled, the second group, larger than the first in terms of success, is that of those with no principles, Trump falls into the second group.

As a disclaimer, none of us are massive Trump fans, we all favoured other candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Jammy Duel
I actually had a rather interesting discussion about what sort of person makes the best leader, we came to the conclusion that there are two main groups, the first consists of the very highly principled, the second group, larger than the first in terms of success, is that of those with no principles, Trump falls into the second group.

As a disclaimer, none of us are massive Trump fans, we all favoured other candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think they are successful? I'd of thought a reputation for flip flopping would damage them. It certainly hurt Romney. I also believe Blair in his first few years was heavily attacked for constantly spinning and shifting with the currents. He was certainly successful, but part of that I think came from economic and political fortune. Trump seems something of an exception.
Original post by Aj12
Why do you think they are successful? I'd of thought a reputation for flip flopping would damage them. It certainly hurt Romney. I also believe Blair in his first few years was heavily attacked for constantly spinning and shifting with the currents. He was certainly successful, but part of that I think came from economic and political fortune. Trump seems something of an exception.

We didn't consider much how they became the leaders, merely who they were and how principled we determined them to be. In most instances it will merely a reflection of the time. Churchill was on the list, he had the War, with Blair you get 18 years of Tory rule and a Labour party that appeared economically credible to the electorate.

I would say Trump falls into the political fortune, he resonates with people as somebody who will get things done. The other Republicans talk about reducing immigration, Trump talks of building a wall to keep the Mexicans out, and he is generally energising Republicans who do not normally vote, something that could win him the election. We've seen it all season with record turn outs, was it in Nevada where Trump got more votes than were cast in total in 2012?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Aj12
Trump contradicts himself on a daily basis. To the point where even his flagship build a wall policy is likely to be backtracked on. Clinton is certainly dishonest. But Trump is far far worse. Plus let's not forget he used to consider her a friend and an excellent secretary of state.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always viewed trump as a man who just speaks outlandish opinions and doesn't sugar coat the quite extreme things he believes or wants. Whereas with Hillary, you can't believe the things she says, it just seems as though she is not genuine and does things purely for political benefit, even if there is good in her - and there is good in everyone, no-one is purely 'evil' per say. But i do agree with you, perhaps he has many times lied aout issues, and if he were given the same chance as Hillary, may lie just as much as she would do.

Hillaries lies are almost so blatantly shameful.

I sincerely feel the American people deserve better candidates than trump or hillary, and i guess i will be fighting here from the UK for Bernie Sanders.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest