The Student Room Group

Trump pushes for 'safe zone' in Syria, criticises European refugee policy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Germany deserve the mass immigration. They sent millions to Brazil what goes around comes around.

That's Brazil they owe not syria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gwilym101
And some wonder why some people in the middle east hate the west.

If they hate the west why would they come in millions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker
Safe Zones are a stupid idea. For example, who will establish the safe zones, how would they decide who gets in, how any people would it accomodate, how would it be policed,how much would it cost, how long will it be there for?

Isis is totally gonna respect the safe zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HucktheForde
If they hate the west why would they come in millions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I did say some, but you'll find alot of the ones that do hate the west join groups like ISIS. However you also seem to be forgetting that just geographically Europe is easier to reach from Syria than the far east. Beggers can't be choosers.
Well I did say some, but you'll find alot of the ones that do hate the west join groups like ISIS. However you also seem to be forgetting that just geographically Europe is easier to reach from Syria than the far east. Beggers can't be choosers.

Since they love isis so much isis must be really treating them well huh? Better stick with thrm. :biggrin: beggers can't be choosers is something I would use more on refugees that demands this and that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Can'tStumpTrump
There are already 1.2M migrants that went in Germany in 2015 alone, and Greece is overflowing with about 130K just in the first two months (30 times more than last year) .. that's not a few thousand, that's an invasion.

You're calling it an invasion, but 99.99999% of the immigrants are not going to cause problems. If we sat down and got rid of Assad and ISIS and helped oversee the transition of a democratic power in Syria, this would be happening on a far lesser scale.
Original post by Alcohonick
You're calling it an invasion, but 99.99999% of the immigrants are not going to cause problems. If we sat down and got rid of Assad and ISIS and helped oversee the transition of a democratic power in Syria, this would be happening on a far lesser scale.

Good. Take in all the refugees, put them in your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good. Take in all the refugees, put them in your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah because one individual person can totally just take in several thousand refugees.

Idiot, this needs to be a collective effort of Europe.

Why don't you stop acting like a stupid, ignorant isolationist with racist and Islamophobic views, because you're simply a victim of right-wing scaremongering.
Yeah because one individual person can totally just take in several thousand refugees.

Idiot, this needs to be a collective effort of Europe.

Why don't you stop acting like a stupid, ignorant isolationist with racist and Islamophobic views, because you're simply a victim of right-wing scaremongering.

You are a nice guy.

would not take in a single refugee, but wants to dump them at other people's house. You will make a good politician.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are a nice guy.

would not take in a single refugee, but wants to dump them at other people's house. You will make a good politician.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I want to give them their own accommodation.

And even if that were true, I'd still be nicer than you, someone who lives like a king and refuses to give way for a few thousand desperate people.
No I want to give them their own accommodation.

And even if that were true, I'd still be nicer than you, someone who lives like a king and refuses to give way for a few thousand desperate people.

You are more than welcome to pay for their accommodation. I have no right to interfere with what ppl do with their money. Let me know when that happens, I will nominate you for model citizen, or maybe , nobel peace prize.

Trust me I don't live a king. You accused me for racial profiling, but makes the same mistake your self. Hypocrites will be hypocrites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by MildredMalone
For one thing, only 20% of the migrants are actual refugees. For another, why should Western culture be destroyed by a completely incompatible and alien culture?

Because Karma?
So are we ignoring the various civilians that have died as a result of these campaigns or the hospitals that the russians bombed? Or that ISIS is spread across a huge chunk of Syria so lots of civilians are always going to be in the firing line unless they leave.

ISIS bears responsibility for the collateral damage of European air strikes in Syria.

You say that as if it could be done in an afternoon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
ISIS bears responsibility for the collateral damage of European air strikes in Syria.

Some, not all.
Oh goodie, like a concentration camp? *claps hands gleefully*

:rolleyes:

israel is doing the SAME thing to African migrants. It's inhumane, use your heads!

"Safe zone." It's basically lumping everyone together as being "dangerous" or a "terrorist" JUST because of their background?!

Foolishness.

How about this? How about they create laws that actually protect citizens and foreign human beings and then train law enforcement to carry out these laws. Instead of saying **** it and cart-loading random ass people to a "safe zone."

Are you fcking....:colonhash:

:rofl: well "it's the thought that counts."

Believe me, I know it couldn't be done even in a month, regardless of whether everyone was sat down and negotiating peacefully.
Reply 57
Isis is totally gonna respect the safe zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

America tried the safe zone thing during the Vietnam War, it was an utter failure.
Some, not all.

No, the vast majority goes to ISIS. The kind of delusion you have to suffer from to believe that the actions of ISIS and Britain (say) are somehow comparable is mind-blowing.
No, the vast majority goes to ISIS. The kind of delusion you have to suffer from to believe that the actions of ISIS and Britain (say) are somehow comparable is mind-blowing.

They've both caused deaths of innocent civilians because they are ideologicially opposed to the other. The difference being that western powers have caused less and try to avoid civilian casualties whereas IS will actively aim for it.

None of which in anyway impacts the point I was originally making that if we're prepared to bomb a country we should be prepared to take in the people who want to leave what we're dropping bombs on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending