IAL results day!

Scroll to see replies

92 UMS in chemistry unit 1
120/120 in physics unit 1
should I consider getting a remark??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Bit costly though. :no:

It is, but it's also his Cambridge offer for 5 UMS. Does Cambridge consider near misses like that? I know they might for STEP but definitely not for A levels.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
It is, but it's also his Cambridge offer for 5 UMS. Does Cambridge consider near misses like that? I know they might for STEP but definitely not for A levels.

I don't think Cambridge would care much about 5 UMS in Physics when there's STEP grades to look at. But still, best to meet the offer and not have anything to worry about. :biggrin:
Original post by tsrthrowaway
92 UMS in chemistry unit 1
120/120 in physics unit 1
should I consider getting a remark??

My teachers actually told us not to on such grades cuz A was like on 96 and there is a big gap
Hey guys, I got 200/200 in C12 , 89/100 in S1 and 180/200 in C34. What should I get in M1 to get an A*?

They probably would still take youfor maths if your step was high enough, but whereas if you meet your offer they are obliged to take you and for most people track updates pretty promptly in the morning (so you know pretty early on if you are in) if you missed it you'd have to wait for hours and hope that they still take you
Original post by seemawad98
Hey guys, I got 200/200 in C12 , 89/100 in S1 and 180/200 in C34. What should I get in M1 to get an A*?

You have an A* already assuming you get a minimum of 11 UMS in M1 :lol:
Original post by Student403
You have an A* already assuming you get a minimum of 11 UMS in M1 :lol:

HAHAHA seriously ? because many of my friends have been saying that I have to get atleast 540/600 in total to get an A*. Does that mean they're wrong? *fingers crossed* :P

Saad massive congrats! On the whole those are excellent grades.. You should be very proud!

Thank you man! How'd your go?
HAHAHA seriously ? because many of my friends have been saying that I have to get atleast 540/600 in total to get an A*. Does that mean they're wrong? *fingers crossed* :P

That is not true, I don't think @Zacken correct me if I am wrong

But in normal A level to get an A* you need 180/200 in C3+4 and an A overall. You have 180, so now you just need an A overall (480/600). 480-200-180-89 = 11UMS
Original post by SaadKaleem
Thank you man! How'd your go?

Hey :biggrin: Thanks not very well unfortunately.. 106/120 :frown: I'll remark but even if there is no change I think I won't resit. I'd rather focus on other papers like 5/6 :smile:

But in normal A level to get an A* you need 180/200 in C3+4 and an A overall. You have 180, so now you just need an A overall (480/600). 480-200-180-89 = 11UMS

You're right, he needs 11 UMS XD
You're right, he needs 11 UMS XD

:rofl: thanks.. That's pretty funny tbh

Yep, that's correct. You need 180/200 in C34 minimum as well as 480/600 over your maths A-Level, so you only need 11 UMS in your M1 as 403 said; congratulations on those marks.
Original post by Zacken
Yep, that's correct. You need 180/200 in C34 minimum as well as 480/600 over your maths A-Level, so you only need 11 UMS in your M1 as 403 said; congratulations on those marks.

Cheers

Although I will personally strangle you seemawad if you actually get that :rofl:
Hey :biggrin: Thanks not very well unfortunately.. 106/120 :frown: I'll remark but even if there is no change I think I won't resit. I'd rather focus on other papers like 5/6 :smile:

It's unfortunate that you didn't get up to your expectations, but just saying that is amazing anyway!

Definitely go for the remark, if you feel like you deserved more marks.

Physics is a tough subject, it's a very conceptual-thinking subject, not everyone can do it.
Original post by SaadKaleem
It's unfortunate that you didn't get up to your expectations, but just saying that is amazing anyway!

Definitely go for the remark, if you feel like you deserved more marks.

Physics is a tough subject, it's a very conceptual-thinking subject, not everyone can do it.

Thanks man :smile:

I think I will!
Original post by samb1234
They probably would still take youfor maths if your step was high enough, but whereas if you meet your offer they are obliged to take you and for most people track updates pretty promptly in the morning (so you know pretty early on if you are in) if you missed it you'd have to wait for hours and hope that they still take you

Original post by Zacken
I don't think Cambridge would care much about 5 UMS in Physics when there's STEP grades to look at. But still, best to meet the offer and not have anything to worry about. :biggrin:

Oh okay, that makes sense! So the 95% UMS stuff doesn't really apply once you already have an offer. Seems simple enough on paper I guess :redface:
Oh okay, that makes sense! So the 95% UMS stuff doesn't really apply once you already have an offer. Seems simple enough on paper I guess :redface:

Yeah, you want high AS UMS to get up your chances of an offer/interview but then, if you do manage an offer and it is specified as something like A*A*A + 1, 1 in II, III (in my case) - you need only get those grades and they're then obliged by law to take you in if you do get those, irregardless of UMS. If you miss the teeniest condition, they're no longer bound to take you, but they can if they wish.
How did you do @Zacken?!

Quick Reply