The Student Room Group

IAL results day!

Scroll to see replies

If you miss your offer you have to send them a copy of your results form asap with the ums you got, but otherwise if you meet it its legally binding so makes no difference f you get 600/600 or 480/600 with 90% in a2 units
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Oh okay, that makes sense! So the 95% UMS stuff doesn't really apply once you already have an offer. Seems simple enough on paper I guess :redface:
Original post by jamestg
How did you do @Zacken?!

#IslandLyfe.

My centre has no clue when my results are coming in. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, you want high AS UMS to get up your chances of an offer/interview but then, if you do manage an offer and it is specified as something like A*A*A + 1, 1 in II, III (in my case) - you need only get those grades and they're then obliged by law to take you in if you do get those, irregardless of UMS. If you miss the teeniest condition, they're no longer bound to take you, but they can if they wish.

Just checking - and sorry if this seems a bit random - is this irrespective of your criminal status? Because in the US if you have any update to your criminal history, you must immediately inform the university and they have the right to reassess. Not that I'd expect you to have experience :colone:
Thank you :biggrin: Hope this is true!
Original post by Student403
That is not true, I don't think @Zacken correct me if I am wrong

But in normal A level to get an A* you need 180/200 in C3+4 and an A overall. You have 180, so now you just need an A overall (480/600). 480-200-180-89 = 11UMS
Just checking - and sorry if this seems a bit random - is this irrespective of your criminal status? Because in the US if you have any update to your criminal history, you must immediately inform the university and they have the right to reassess. Not that I'd expect you to have experience :colone:

Rightly so. Same applies in the UK. :rofl: I'm sure that that's something that concerns you greatly, though... :colone: :wink:
Original post by seemawad98
Thank you :biggrin: Hope this is true!

If you don't believe him, it's in the IAL specification. Just look up the section under "Grade reporting" or something. :tongue:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You're right, he needs 11 UMS XD

She* but thanks lol
Original post by Zacken
Rightly so. Same applies in the UK. :rofl: I'm sure that that's something that concerns you greatly, though... :colone: :wink:

Ahh cheers! Indeed :laugh:
Thanks man :smile:

I think I will!

If nothing works out, we IALer's still have June session, and I'd really recommend you focus on Unit 5 and 6.

I know you will ace those units. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
#IslandLyfe.

That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine the suspense of not having any idea when you're going to get your results! Can't your centre contact the exam board?
Original post by SaadKaleem
If nothing works out, we IALer's still have June session, and I'd really recommend you focus on Unit 5 and 6.

I know you will ace those units. :smile:

Thanks a lot man! :yep:

If your status changed then the contract is no longer valid so they're no longer contractually obliged to take you. The same is true of subject choices - even if they made you an offer on say maths fm physics if on ucas you said you were doing chem as well the contract technically isn't valid if you don't take chem (although if you informed them they would possibly allow you to drop it)
Original post by Zacken
Yep, that's correct. You need 180/200 in C34 minimum as well as 480/600 over your maths A-Level, so you only need 11 UMS in your M1 as 403 said; congratulations on those marks.

Should've done better in S1 but thank you :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine the suspense of not having any idea when you're going to get your results! Can't your centre contact the exam board?

Oh well, nothing I can do about it. My centre is utterly clueless, they don't even know what the online system thing is. :facepalm: I'll get it when I get it, I suppose. I'll update y'all when I do. :biggrin:

Ahh cheers! Indeed :laugh:

Actually, I might have to worry about it too; in case things like this happen to me! :laugh:
Original post by student403
cheers

although i will personally strangle you seemawad if you actually get that :rofl:

hahahahhahahaha
Original post by samb1234
If your status changed then the contract is no longer valid so they're no longer contractually obliged to take you. The same is true of subject choices - even if they made you an offer on say maths fm physics if on ucas you said you were doing chem as well the contract technically isn't valid if you don't take chem (although if you informed them they would possibly allow you to drop it)

Cheers! :yep:
Original post by Zacken
#IslandLyfe.

That's very unprofessional of them, they should get it through Edexcel Online/EDI or through Mail definitely 1 day before the actual results day by Pearson.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by seemawad98
Should've done better in S1 but thank you :biggrin:

UMS doesn't matter; getting that A* does and you have that in the bag. :-)
Original post by Zacken
Oh well, nothing I can do about it. My centre is utterly clueless, they don't even know what the online system thing is. :facepalm: I'll get it when I get it, I suppose. I'll update y'all when I do. :biggrin:

Actually, I might have to worry about it too; in case things like this happen to me! :laugh:

LOL :rofl:

The thing is, I would call him good looking, yes, but there are many more like him in Saudi/UAE/Qatar :erm: And noone is going mental over them xD
Original post by SaadKaleem
That's very unprofessional of them, they should get it through Edexcel Online or through Mail definitely 1 day before the actual results day by Pearson.

It's a public organisation, so clueless government pencil pushers who have no clue what's going on and couldn't care less. I sent them an email detailing how to sign up for Edexcel Online but they said that they weren't going to go through the trouble for just one candidate. :laugh: Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest