The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Really sorry to hear :frown: hope you have another option and best of luck to you

Thank you! I'm just waiting on BSMS post interview now and I really am hoping they come back with good news!! What about you, have you got to hear from any others yet?
I am asian but i have dirty blond dyed hair. do u think this will affect my interview? should i dye it back black?
Original post by ehwang98
I am asian but i have dirty blond dyed hair. do u think this will affect my interview? should i dye it back black?

Whatever you're most comfortable with! they won't care as long as it's not a radical colour which it's not so I wouldn't worry about it too much 😊
Original post by kc91
Thank you! I'm just waiting on BSMS post interview now and I really am hoping they come back with good news!! What about you, have you got to hear from any others yet?

Keele is my only hope! I've been rejected from my other 3 choices but they were grad entry, i really want an interview and if after all this waiting I get a rejection I'll be so disappointed because I was offered a job last week to work In a bank but I had to turn it down because they wanted me to sign a 12 month contract and I couldn't commit because of Keele 😔
Is anyone else in the same position as me and still waiting to hear?
Is anyone else in the same position as me and still waiting to hear?

Have you rang them recently? Maybe give them a call and see what they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Have you rang them recently? Maybe give them a call and see what they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang them on Friday and asked about the status of my application and the woman on the phone was really nice but told me my application is still being processed and I should hear within the next week. I've been told this 3 times now and I'm still waiting to hear :frown: she said they are trying to figure out if the chemistry content in my degree is enough so if I fall at the last hurdle now I will be so gutted
Original post by Maden222
No that isn't right. You have a minute to read the scenario and then five in the room with the interviewer I think.. or 4 mins but I think its 5 inside the station. Cant remember properly.

So how long did you have to speak for at each station? Is there a discussion as there are other with you? Do each of you get asked the same questions?
Original post by amarzum
So how long did you have to speak for at each station? Is there a discussion as there are other with you? Do each of you get asked the same questions?

All candidates rotate through the same station once so yes you each get asked the same questions. The format is MMI, not group discussion. All the info you need is on their website:

The MMI, in addition to forming an overall impression of the student, will assess in particular the following areas:
Broad awareness of health and social issues
Caring
Clinical communication
Clinical data handling
Empathy & insight
Ethical awareness
Motivation / experiences informing your decision to pursue a medical career
Responsibilities of a doctor
Resilience
Understanding of professionalism

They have told you what they will be looking for so I would spend time thinking about these areas and how you might demonstrate these attributes - good luck.
How many applicants are interviewed per day?
Original post by Sarah.k.
How many applicants are interviewed per day?

I think I read 40 somewhere, don't hold me to that though
Original post by stephannalee
I think I read 40 somewhere, don't hold me to that though

That figure was in my head too I think someone commented it further back. Still waiting to hear! Is anyone else in my position? I'm thinking of calling them today but I've called every week for the past 3 weeks now!
That figure was in my head too I think someone commented it further back. Still waiting to hear! Is anyone else in my position? I'm thinking of calling them today but I've called every week for the past 3 weeks now!

Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!
Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!

completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!
Original post by stephannalee
completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!

Yeah that's what I thought! I'm really hoping they give me a chance they've kept my hopes up for so long!! I'll let you know when I hear
Are there any other Keele Students applying for this course?
I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?
Original post by stace123456
I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?

The bus goes outside the uni, the bus stop is a 1 min walk to uni (can't miss it). Take the bus opposite the station and not the one on the same side of the station. (Also feel free to ask the bus driver before boarding!) I hope this helps.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys, so I thought I'd update you so far! The very lovely woman on the phone to me today said that the admissions tutor has been off for a while but is back next week. I told her that I'd been waiting for so long and she was really understanding. She told me a few other students are in the same position and waiting to hear but she said the absolute deadline is next week so I have to hear then. I asked about interview dates and she said there are still slots available but if they were to be filled then they would interview any other candidates that meet the criteria anyway and just add more dates which is a nice thing to hear! She did say there really aren't many people left though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending