The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Kiragyd
I was checking last years forum and they only got notified around the 27th of March :L? I'm not really putting my hope up for Dundee because I did so bad in the interview 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview didn't go well either. I didn't expect such an onslaught! Though that was my first experience of MMI so maybe that's just what it's like.
I don't think I can sleep tonight :frown:
what if they are not giving out offers tomorrow....
Original post by u12lg7
My interview didn't go well either. I didn't expect such an onslaught! Though that was my first experience of MMI so maybe that's just what it's like.

I found the interview very very very fast-paced, especially when they didn't actually give us time in-between stations...
Original post by Junioh
I found the interview very very very fast-paced, especially when they didn't actually give us time in-between stations...

Yeah, I agree with you, I didn't get time to collect my thoughts at all
It was a big mess for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by redddddd
Yeah, I agree with you, I didn't get time to collect my thoughts at all
It was a big mess for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

at least you found it okay, which is always a good sign :smile:
red Im sooooo nervous right now
Original post by Junioh
at least you found it okay, which is always a good sign :smile:
red Im sooooo nervous right now

I didn't find it okay, I cringe whenever I start thinking about it. I could have said a million other things but no I went in wrong directions. I was trying to convince myself that it went okay so I don't have to worry until I heard back but in all honesty, I think it was a disaster or so their faces said that during it.
I am extremely nervous too even though there's like 0.1% of hope for me.
Lets think positive things here because we might actually not even be hearing back tomorrow but at the end of march. The wait is horrendous but we can pull through it :smile:
I have my fingers-crossed that we both get in, at least you if not me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't find it okay, I cringe whenever I start thinking about it. I could have said a million other things but no I went in wrong directions. I was trying to convince myself that it went okay so I don't have to worry until I heard back but in all honesty, I think it was a disaster or so their faces said that during it.
Lets think positive things here because we might actually not even be hearing back tomorrow but at the end of march. The wait is horrendous but we can pull through it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt the same about mine; at one of the practical stations the interviewer was actually laughing his head off at how badly I'd done :lol:
Reply 347
Really want to hear back soon 😁 when do they send out rejections

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dundee interviews 550 people and give out 300ish(?) offers, so we should stay positive! And no matter what happens, we should be happy that we got interviews because Dundee only interview a small percentage of people!(compared to other medical schools such as Glasgow)
Nothing today :frown: darn...
I hope that we both get in, you absolutely deserve a place!:hugs:
According to the communications I've received so far from the Admissions Team on eVision, the preferred times are always between 17.30 - 18.30. So if today is the day, we should be hearing from them very soon ahhhh
Reply 350
300 offers?
Their website says that they only had 134 places in 2015 :O
Original post by u12lg7
300 offers?
Their website says that they only had 134 places in 2015 :O

Yeah they give out around double the offers to places actually available because some people won't accept the offer!
Original post by christ-mas
According to the communications I've received so far from the Admissions Team on eVision, the preferred times are always between 17.30 - 18.30. So if today is the day, we should be hearing from them very soon ahhhh

still nothing...
Original post by ellsbells75
Yeah they give out around double the offers to places actually available because some people won't accept the offer!

I've always wondered what would happen if say 200 people out of the 300 all wanted to go to Dundee and met the conditions?? Do they then kick people out of the course??
Reply 354
Not quite sure on the numbers, but far too many people accepted Dundee's offer in the current 3rd year. I believe they offered everyone £3000 to go on a gap year. Barely anybody took the deal and now there's 1 year considerably bigger than all of the others!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Original post by muz360
Not quite sure on the numbers, but far too many people accepted Dundee's offer in the current 3rd year. I believe they offered everyone £3000 to go on a gap year. Barely anybody took the deal and now there's 1 year considerably bigger than all of the others!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They have to pay a fine if they over-subscribe that's why they tend not give out anything until the SFC release their numbers. They were giving people £3000 because the fine was £10000 per student over a certain percentage over-subscription i.e. 10% over-subscribed is no bother but 15% is.
Reply 356
Offer, came through today at 14:02, goo luck to all those waiting xx
Original post by DrLabia

omg congratz!!!!
Aberdeen is giving out offers too!!!!!
Original post by DrLabia

Congrats!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 359
Original post by Junioh
omg congratz!!!!
Aberdeen is giving out offers too!!!!!

Original post by christ-mas
Congrats!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks guys! I have 8 A's for Nat 5 and then 5A higher in the three sciences and maths and english. UKCAT 3160. I work as a nursing auxiliary, have completed grade 8 in both piano and flute, play hockey and netball and have lots of voluntary work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending