The Student Room Group

IAL results day!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
@aymanzayedmannan
@PlayerBB

Could you guys tell me what the verdict is? What shall be done? :colone:

lol, I have obviously failed my conditions so I guess my verdict would be as you said to show you half of my face ?
Original post by Zacken
I think there's a difference between getting a copy of the script/access to the script sent to you and getting a photocopy of the script. The latter allows you to re-mark, the former doesn't. (AFAIK).

Possibly different regionally. I've been seeing this same PDF since IGCSEs - take a look at the ATS service
Original post by seemawad98
I am from Jordan! Did you like the ME? I've been to Qatar! It is a beautiful country

Hey, I am also from Jordan. Where do you live ? - I live in Amman
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Possibly different regionally. I've been seeing this same PDF since IGCSEs - take a look at the ATS service

Oh, darn. Why would anybody want to request access to their scripts, then? :erm:
I need an advice, my parents are against the idea of me repeating C34, they say just let it go and concentrate more on biology and chemistry since they're harder, however, I really want an A* in Maths and I don't want to regret the choice of dropping it later but I am also scared that it will affect my concentration on the other units so what should I do ?
Original post by PlayerBB
lol, I have obviously failed my conditions so I guess my verdict would be as you said to show you half of my face ?

Really up to you.. Tbh I feel bad now because I know how it feels to go below your expectations. So I don't blame you if you want to pull out if you're not in the mood :smile:
Original post by Zacken
I think there's a difference between getting a copy of the script/access to the script sent to you and getting a photocopy of the script. The latter allows you to re-mark, the former doesn't. (AFAIK).

Oh okay. Weird how the two differ :lol: I'll enquire more on Sunday back at school!
Original post by Zacken
Oh, darn. Why would anybody want to request access to their scripts, then? :erm:

Makes no sense, right?! To give you a perspective on the costs - 1 Taka = 0.5 MR
Really up to you.. Tbh I feel bad now because I know how it feels to go below your expectations. So I don't blame you if you want to pull out if you're not in the mood :smile:

Thank you but no it's okay as when I signed to it, I knew that there was a 50% chance that I won't get what I want so that's why I am up for it :smile:

so should I sent it to you or post it here and which half ?
Thank you but no it's okay as when I signed to it, I knew that there was a 50% chance that I won't get what I want so that's why I am up for it :smile:

Up to you and up to you :smile:

Respect for being a good sport!
I need an advice, my parents are against the idea of me repeating C34, they say just let it go and concentrate more on biology and chemistry since they're harder, however, I really want an A* in Maths and I don't want to regret the choice of dropping it later but I am also scared that it will affect my concentration on the other units so what should I do ?

Retake! You already know the content well enough to get 113/125, which has been full UMS on many papers. I feel June will be a challenging paper, meaning more scaling.

My mother too is against the idea of me retaking F1. I guess it won't be worth it for me since I still have a lot of units left.

Post it here pls, you can pull it down (delete the post) after a bit. :yep: Your best half idk :rofl:

Our is approximately 800 QAR (Service 4) approx 17600 Taka. (I heard not entirely sure)

Overcharging?
Retake! You already know the content well enough to get 113/125, which has been full UMS on many papers. I feel June will be a challenging paper, meaning more scaling.

My mother too is against the idea of me retaking F1. I guess it won't be worth it for me since I still have a lot of units left.

Thank you Ayman, I think your advice has boosted up my confidence to retake it!! :smile:
Original post by SaadKaleem
Our is approximately 800 QAR (Service 4) approx 17600 Taka. (I heard not entirely sure)

Overcharging?

WAIT WHAT!?

Our school charges 288QAR for the remark so I can't imagine it would be much more for that.. But whoa
Up to you and up to you :smile:

Respect for being a good sport!

PROSM
Thank you Ayman, I think your advice has boosted up my confidence to retake it!! :smile:

I think the two things you should be considering are a) Will resitting benefit my final result or give me a much higher chance of getting the grade I want? b) Am I of a much higher standard than my result shows?

If you answered yes twice, I think it's a definite resit
Original post by Zacken
Post it here pls, you can pull it down (delete the post) after a bit. :yep: Your best half idk :rofl:

lol okay and i think I'll keep it for a day :smile:
I think the two things you should be considering are a) Will resitting benefit my final result or give me a much higher chance of getting the grade I want? b) Am I of a much higher standard than my result shows?

If you answered yes twice, I think it's a definite resit

Yeah I did!! and Thank you 403 for the boost :smile:
Yeah I did!! and Thank you 403 for the boost :smile:

PRSOM

Also I think we should all thank @SeanFM for being a great OP and updating the thread regularly :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest