The Student Room Group

Girls proposing to men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil

It doesn't justify men proposing to women. she never said it did.

lol
Original post by kprime2
lol

Ok, well that's just stupid on her behalf lol :P
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:

Got 'ya good there Holmes :wink:

*nudges shoulder with his elbow*
My mom proposed to my dad and they have been married for 46 years. I think if you've discussed it and you both are heading in that direction then why not?
Personally, I would never do it. I'm not into a lot of old traditions when it comes to love and relationships but I still wouldn't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm not into a lot of out traditions

Posted from TSR Mobile

And 'because we've always done it that way' is never a good reason.
Reply 46
I proposed. He said yes.
in all fairness how many girls would actually propose to their boyfriend? girls like cute **** and want to be proposed TO, not the other way round.....just my opinion lol
Original post by anisahaha
girls like cute ****

And no guy wants that in a long-term relationship?
I think it's fine. Women going after men, proposing etc. All good. :wink:

Having said that I would rather be the one who proposes. Quite a nice tradition really.

Yes I have just completely contradicted myself. :ahee:
I'd ask 'would you marry me?' in a joking manner and see how he reacts lmao
I see the point you are making but it doesn't change the fact that I prefer to be proposed to rather than the one doing the proposing. Men are by nature the most aggressive gender so it feels weird to me personally to take that position in this particular realm of life. To me marriage is something that is a lifetime vow so I want to make sure who I get married to truely wants it.

Original post by kprime2
Yes I accept that. However, I don't see the logic in how that would tempt the man to be the one who proposes. It carries a greater risk for men. Surely it should then be women who propose, and men who then decide whether they want to take up on the offer or not?
I'd wait on the guy to do it. I'm a traditional girl
In theory I wouldn't have an issue with doing it. I'm quite a practical person and tbh never really thought about proposals past a 'wanna get married?' 'Ok' kind of conversation.

In practice, I won't. Because my boyfriend has already hinted that he likes the tradition and has something planned. He isn't very subtle.
My GF has proposed to me many times, but it always seems like its a joke with no possibility of a wedding, however when I eventually ask her it will actually mean we will be married within 3 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending