The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hze11dhu
Why did they change the curriculum for 2016 entry? What was wrong with the old one?

Omg :frown: whenever I ask this question, a ton of people get offers through and my question is ignored. I have asked 3 times fairly recently. PLEASE can someone help me. I would email KCL but they probably won't reply in time and my interview is SOON. I am happy you're all pleased with your offers and congratulations to you all but I'd be so grateful if someone could help me out as I literally do not understand the new curriculum compared to the old one, and also if they do PBL at KCL or if they do not do this. Thanks
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Omg :frown: whenever I ask this question, a ton of people get offers through and my question is ignored. I have asked 3 times fairly recently. PLEASE can someone help me. I would email KCL but they probably won't reply in time and my interview is SOON. I am happy you're all pleased with your offers and congratulations to you all but I'd be so grateful if someone could help me out as I literally do not understand the new curriculum compared to the old one, and also if they do PBL at KCL or if they do not do this. Thanks

I don't think anyone actually knows here. On their website you can see the course structure, I'd suggest just looking at it and seeing if it suits you. It's integrated, not pbl so determine why you chose that style of course. They aren't going to quiz you on the new curriculum because even current students I've spoken to are yet to find out all the changes. The little I know it's more to do with changes in 4/5th year shuffling things around to prepare students better for f1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medic-Kate
I don't think anyone actually knows here. On their website you can see the course structure, I'd suggest just looking at it and seeing if it suits you. It's integrated, not pbl so determine why you chose that style of course. They aren't going to quiz you on the new curriculum because even current students I've spoken to are yet to find out all the changes. The little I know it's more to do with changes in 4/5th year shuffling things around to prepare students better for f1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your answer! I didn't actually realise they didn't do PBL, I thought integrated had meant they do it combined with traditional methods
Thanks for your answer! I didn't actually realise they didn't do PBL, I thought integrated had meant they do it combined with traditional methods

I think they do do supplementary workshops but the bulk of it is lectures to start off, with some placements for some patient contact. Anyone here already at Kings that can further clarify?

I just looked at their course overview and timetable and decided what I liked about it 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1704

Integrated basically means they use a combination of methods along with traditional, a course can be integrated if it does/does not do PBL. Integrated courses generally incorporate some element of clinical placement/clinical skills early on.

So if you have lectures + clinical skills + group teaching but no PBL the course is integrated. However if you have PBL alongside those, the course is also classed as integrated.

Integrated courses are not dependent on PBL.

Hope this helps
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xertyl
Anyone from the 14th January still waiting, this is getting painful

I was 14th too
Any international applicants still waiting to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ab9826
Any international applicants still waiting to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me
does anyone have a link to the timetable or an example timetable?
for people that have got offers about what time did everyones track update?
Original post by xertyl
what time was your interview?

9.15am, you?
Original post by medprospects
Don't worry guys. It'll come through. I just got my offer and didn't think my interview went too well so I'm sure you will get it.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for the vote of confidence! and congrats on the offer :h:
Original post by ss2525
for people that have got offers about what time did everyones track update?

Mine updated at like 23:34 XD
Original post by thechemistress

did your ucas or kings portal update first?
Reply 1714
Anyone heard anything today?

same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rose7812
9.15am, you?

Was that after it updating on portal or before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ss2525
did your ucas or kings portal update first?

It updated on king's portal first :h:
It updated on king's portal first :h:

What time did your King's portal email come? Was it at the usual 7.30?

Latest