The Student Room Group

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alcohonick
Look back at the immigration the mid-20th century, Indian, Pakistani, Ugandan, Kenyan, Trinidad and Tobago - all of these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today.

They weren't causing mass rapes all over Europe.

And this whole immigration to Europe is a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, these people are refuting ISIS and accepting democracy. Would you rather that most of the Muslim immigrants just joined the extremist group in response to being neglected by the west?

As long as they're not in Europe.
Original post by MildredMalone
They weren't causing mass rapes all over Europe.

As long as they're not in Europe.

Neither are the immigrants now. The problem is exaggerated by the media and used by right-wing propaganda to press for more isolationism because it is easier to blame economic recession and poor quality of life on a bunch of people coming into your country. Now I'm not deny they happened, but the scale of them was bloated by the media.

But I can't really take your opinion seriously. You would really rather people joined an active terrorist organisation which kills people, attacks the west, and spreads hate propaganda throughout the world, than come here? You are an utter idiot.
I admit that I didn't think anyone, especially some no-lifer with 10gems, would get so hung up and start crying over something like that.

But my point still stands, only about 0.0001% of the immigrants are actively causing threats.

When your argument is so bad that you resort to feeble personal insults it really is time you packed up.

these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today

More nonsense. Britain is a generally tolerant place, so they were accepted.

It has its limits, though, in terms of both rate of immigration and in terms of those who try to come. The current crop from the Middle East are an unprincipled, aggressive, superstitious bunch, judging by their behaviour at the borders and are not likely to assimilate well, especially in such numbers.
Original post by Good bloke
When your argument is so bad that you resort to feeble personal insults it really is time you packed up.

More nonsense. Britain is a generally tolerant place, so they were accepted.

It has its limits, though, in terms of both rate of immigration and in terms of those who try to come. The current crop from the Middle East are an unprincipled, aggressive, superstitious bunch, judging by their behaviour at the borders and are not likely to assimilate well, especially in such numbers.

You have no reason to try to hide away and cry from an insult when you were the one driving this off topic, going insane about me putting a decimal place two places further to the right than is accurate by accident. Grow up, I'm done here, you're just another victim of right-wing scaremongering, and you are playing directly into ISIL's hands.
Mother Europe is a sloot
Neither are the immigrants now.

They still are.
You have no reason to try to hide away and cry

Who is hiding?
Original post by MildredMalone

The Daily Mail is the UK's second most unreliable newspaper. They have been sued many times, they scaremonger for profits and are strictly pro-Tory and anti-EU.

More rapes occur daily with native people than with the immigrants.

More rapes occur daily with native people than with the immigrants.

Think before you write. Of course that is true: there are about 750 million people in the EU, and 1.3 million immigrants last year.

In Sweden, though, it has been shown that immigrants and their children commit rape and sexual assault at a rate 5.5 times higher than non-immigrants.
Original post by HucktheForde
The million dollar question : what does Europe gain from hosting refugees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheap labour
This is a pathetically impractical set of proposals.
I think that a unified set of countries has more leverage on the international and domestic stage than 28 countries fighting for their own separate interests, regardless of whether that takes away some random freedoms which I wouldn't exercise anyway.
The EU is not the USSR. Pull yourself together.
The EU is a political-economic union, the USSR was a single state focused on Marxist-Lenin principles.

The EU isn't going to start mass-butchery, as you just implied, because it isn't run by a highly centralised government like the USSR was.
So letting in a few jihadis among millions of refugees is as equal a threat compared to the USSR to its own people? Come on, what few jihadists there are amongst the immigrants pose a negligible threat to us. The Paris Attacks killed 138 people in total, whereas Al-Qaeda killed 2,996 people in 2001 - considered the two most sophisticated attacks against the west by each terror group respectively. The threat is low, and racist bigots like you who think we shouldn't stand up and help the less fortunate are responsible for catalysing this threat.
Says the 28 year old who is on the Student Room spamming Daily Mail and Daily Express articles.
Look back at the immigration the mid-20th century, Indian, Pakistani, Ugandan, Kenyan, Trinidad and Tobago - all of these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today.

And this whole immigration to Europe is a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, these people are refuting ISIS and accepting democracy. Would you rather that most of the Muslim immigrants just joined the extremist group in response to being neglected by the west?

Immigration is immigration. You find a job while at home country, apply for visa, then come. Refugees are refugees. They come anytime and might not find a job. Don't mix the two. You have been told this but it doesn't register in your mind.

Isis can be defeated through military actions. Taking in excessive refugees is not required to defeat isis.

But of course while you have bbeen rebuked, I won't be surprised you will just make the same point over and over later in this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _icecream
Cheap labour

That's a good point. Can we put these refugees to work? In factories, manufacturing line or stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HucktheForde
Immigration is immigration. You find a job while at home country, apply for visa, then come. Refugees are refugees. They come anytime and might not find a job. Don't mix the two. You have been told this but it doesn't register in your mind.

Isis can be defeated through military actions. Taking in excessive refugees is not required to defeat isis.

But of course while you have bbeen rebuked, I won't be surprised you will just make the same point over and over later in this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you kidding? Look at Al-Qaeda, despite murdering almost 3,000 Americans, they still exist 15 years on. We will never defeat ISIS by military means, and the population of Syria actively fleeing ISIS and rejecting their culture is a bigger attack on ISIS than any combination of airstrikes.

Quick Reply