The Student Room Group

How long is RAF applying process

I am thinking of joining the raf as either a Aerospace Battle Manager or an Air Traffic Control Officer in which im still yet to decide,(Yes I have qualifications that match the criteria). However im quite aware and familiar with the joining process such as interviews, where it will be based etc etc.

My question is do you know how long the actual joining process will take for these two roles? Are all roles they offer similar times? My friend said it can take up to 6 months to get in properly is this true? A breakdown of a (ROUGH) estimate of time would be appreciated :smile:

(I want to know so I know exactly how long I can prepare for interviews when I first apply) etc etc
Reply 1
Original post by Lewiss1194
I am thinking of joining the raf as either a Aerospace Battle Manager or an Air Traffic Control Officer in which im still yet to decide,(Yes I have qualifications that match the criteria). However im quite aware and familiar with the joining process such as interviews, where it will be based etc etc.

My question is do you know how long the actual joining process will take for these two roles? Are all roles they offer similar times? My friend said it can take up to 6 months to get in properly is this true? A breakdown of a (ROUGH) estimate of time would be appreciated :smile:

(I want to know so I know exactly how long I can prepare for interviews when I first apply) etc etc

By looking through a few threads you'll get anecdotal evidence from a few people that'll give you an indication, but there's no real answer. Yes, it could all go through in 6 months, but equally it could take a year.

Some of it depends on you, but some depends on things that you'll have no control over: delays for your medical, backlogs at OASC, waiting for the right IOT (should you get accepted), etc.

And that won't differ between ATCO and ABM, they're not too different and the application process is basically the same.

Quick Reply

Latest