The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry textbook A2

Can anyone recommend a good textbook for aqa A2 chemistry?

Im stuck on both the nelson thornes and the cgp textbooks. Which ones would you guys recommend for a high grade?

Original post by asian.mikehunt

Im stuck on both the nelson thornes and the cgp textbooks. Which ones would you guys recommend for a high grade?

Sorry I know this isn't a textbook rec (normally swear by CGP myself) but if you're stuck youtube videos can be pretty good. For AQA Tywin Lannister's videos are good - sometimes it just helps to have someone go through something rather than reading through a wall of text.
If this is something you're doing already then I apologise in advance and good luck with the search, otherwise I hope this helps in the meantime :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lightwoXd
Sorry I know this isn't a textbook rec (normally swear by CGP myself) but if you're stuck youtube videos can be pretty good. For AQA Tywin Lannister's videos are good - sometimes it just helps to have someone go through something rather than reading through a wall of text.
If this is something you're doing already then I apologise in advance and good luck with the search, otherwise I hope this helps in the meantime :smile:

Original post by asian.mikehunt

To add on that: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrERintoul this guy's pretty good.

The CGP books is nice, but has some tiny mistakes in it, so if you use it, use it with chem revise or chem guide. (my preference) After you've read through, done the exam-style questions, made some notes, then youre done with the book.
The exam style questions are good for knowledge recall.

Then pastpapers are your best friend.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest