The Student Room Group

options

I'm in the process of choosing my GCSES and in the future I would like to become a dentist. I am struggling with my options as I have to pick 4 options. I have picked 2; French and triple science but I do not know what else to pick. I am struggling between geography and history. for the fourth one I don't know what to pick
HELP!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kitkat292
I'm in the process of choosing my GCSES and in the future I would like to become a dentist. I am struggling with my options as I have to pick 4 options. I have picked 2; French and triple science but I do not know what else to pick. I am struggling between geography and history. for the fourth one I don't know what to pick
HELP!!!!!!

What options are there?
Would you consider doing geography and history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am really stressed. I am better at history but my friends and teachers are saying geography will help more with medicine!:angry::frown:
HELP!!!!!!

depends what you like really, if you like graphs and learning about how our world works, pick geography, if you prefer getting your point across and like debates and arguments and ESSAYS, choose history
I am really stressed. I am better at history but my friends and teachers are saying geography will help more with medicine!:angry::frown:

definitely do what you are better at and history is a really interesting subject. geography won't make the difference between you not getting into dentistry school!!
Reply 5
i dont like either :frown: what option would you recommend for my 4th option
i dont like either :frown: what option would you recommend for my 4th option

What are your favourite subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
i like history science and music
i like history science and music

How would you feel about GCSE music?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
went to a taster and it was really interesting. i love singing and preforming
went to a taster and it was really interesting. i love singing and preforming

Well, I say French, Triple science, history and music sound perfect for you then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
i think that to however my family dont know i sing so if they ask y music they will say no as they think its useless
i think that to however my family dont know i sing so if they ask y music they will say no as they think its useless

How would you feel about telling them you sing? Do you play any instruments as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you could talk to your teachers about the course itself for geography and history or any options you may be considering, compare what you might enjoy most and get better grades in? thats what i did :smile:
Reply 14
i would lie to but whe my sister told them she sings they put so much pressure on her and id want that.
Reply 15
tomorrow at school there is an options fair so i will go and ask some questions
i would lie to but whe my sister told them she sings they put so much pressure on her and id want that.

Fair enough - are there an instruments you can play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
only violin but i havent played in 2 or 3 years

What grade did you get to? Maybe you could tell them that you'd use this for your performance? I mean, think about the advantages and disadvantages of telling your parents and choosing music. Pick which one seems greater. I'd personally go with what I enjoy the most/what helps with my career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DRAMA?

Quick Reply

Latest