The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

25/02/2016 - Evening update

So today got off to a good start, as I got one of my further maths papers back that o did for homework - somehow I managed to get 67/70, an A^!!! :biggrin:
Also, at 11:25 I had my German speaking assessment so I was a nervous wreck up until that point, but when the time came I managed to rehearse it better than I ever have - and I kept to the time limit!! And I managed to secure 30/30 :biggrin:
So currently my German assessment totals are 1 28/30, 2 29/30s and 3 30/30s!!
But now that's over I can dedicate my time to revision again, but today I need a break, God am I stressed :colondollar: so I'll start tomorrow instead haha
Hey from the other thread lol! Ur options are really good and ur doing really well! Well done on your mock results and I am so sure you can get 7+A*s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Hey from the other thread lol! Ur options are really good and ur doing really well! Well done on your mock results and I am so sure you can get 7+A*s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We meet again haha 😜
Thank you so much, it really means a lot! :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
We meet again haha 😜
Thank you so much, it really means a lot! :smile:

Hahaha your welcome😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
29/02/2016 - Evening update

So today I've been on a huge low in terms of motivation and self-belief which I haven't been able to shake. I think it's because my first exam is in 11 weeks and I am not at all prepared (in other words I am sh*tting myself) so revision has been a massive no, even though the thought of not reaching my potential is the reason I feel like this in the first place my body decides that revision is a bad idea. I'm actually really scared that I'm going to shut down and knowing my luck it'll be just before exams :frown:

Today has not been a good day.
3/03/2016 - Morning update

I've found that the thing that makes me feel better the most is going to the gym, as it really clears my head. So I've been going a lot more recently. I think I'm getting back to normal now so hopefully I should be able to resume revision and up the intensity, as it's March already!

Today I've got an Of Mice and Men exam (language) which I haven't prepared for, but oh well we'll see how it goes.

Last week I had 2 end of unit tests in science (Chemistry C7 and Physics P7) and got the results yesterday. I found the physics one really difficult but somehow managed to get 33/50 which I was happy with (it was an A but I'm not that bothered), but I found the chemistry really easy and got 33/41, which, even though it's an A*, it's not as good as I thought it would be so I was a bit disappointed.

I'm trying my best to crack on with coursework as that's the thing holding me back the most, so yesterday I wrote ~500 words of Geography evaluation.

I'm getting there, just slowly.
3/03/2016 - Evening update

So I haven't been back from school for that long but today's actually been ok. My English exam went quite well (I hope), I'm pretty sure it was the June 2015 paper. I have no idea when I'll get it back, the English department at my school take FOREVER to mark stuff!!

I went to hockey after school today as I need to get better as it's something I need to improve for my GCSE. My PE teacher says she thinks I could get 7/10s in all 4 of my sports, paired with an A* in my theory exam and my controlled assessment should round my grade off at an A! (Considering I'm only expecting a B this is good news!!)

In general I've been feeling a lot better today than I have all week so now I feel like doing something productive for once! Today's been good!
Well Done!👏🏻
Original post by Emily110921
Well Done!👏🏻

Thank you! :smile:
What university are you planning to study at? And can you give me some revision tips?
What university are you planning to study at? And can you give me some revision tips?

I've barely even thought about uni yet so I honestly have no idea :s-smilie:

And as for revision, make sure you vary it so you don't get bored
Use colour!!!
Test yourself every now and again, it's one of the best forms of revision
Try doing a subject a day rather than a few, it gives you more time to focus on the different topics within that subject
Break only when you feel you're losing concentration, and only for as long as you need
Make sure you have breaks!!!
You could try revising with a friend, however this doesn't work for everyone
Not really a revision tip but make sure to exercise regularly as it can clear your mind and help you concentrate better

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! And what year are you in?
Thank you so much! And what year are you in?

I'm in Year 11 :smile:
I'm in Year 10 and What exams are you sitting this year?
I'm in Year 10 and What exams are you sitting this year?

I'm sitting 23 exams in all my subjects; our school doesn't do an early entry so all of our exams are at the end of Year 11

I have:
English Language
English Literature x2
Maths x2
Further Maths x2
Chemistry x3
Biology x3
Physics x3
German x2
Geography x2
PE
Religious Studies x2

God help me! :s-smilie::tongue:
Wow! You are sitting ALOT OF EXAMS! GOOD LUCK and I hope you get the grades you want and deserve!
Wow! You are sitting ALOT OF EXAMS! GOOD LUCK and I hope you get the grades you want and deserve!

Thank you - I hope so too! :tongue:
English language is such a pain.. did you get the June 2015 paper in your mock?
Original post by octoberrain
English language is such a pain.. did you get the June 2015 paper in your mock?

Yup, the writing half in December and then the of mice and men half on Thursday as we hadn't read the book back in December. Did you?
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yup, the writing half in December and then the of mice and men half on Thursday as we hadn't read the book back in December. Did you?

We had the 2013 paper for the literature (but only for To Kill a Mockingbird as we only just started An Inspector Calls) and the 2015 for the language. I hattteeee English Lang!!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending