The Student Room Group

Taking Graphics at Uni with Unrelated A Levels

Hi, i was wondering, through recently going through a life check and status report, if I would be able to take Graphics at Uni with no art or any subject related A levels? I take Biology, Environmental Science, ICT and Psychology at A levels. Would this prevent me from having a shot even if i had a strong portfolio?
I did Geology, Geography and Physics at A-level and have offers to study Ba Photography in September. I did however do a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design in order to build a portfolio and stand a better chance of gaining a place. If you have a strong portfolio already though, and can explain it well then your previous subject choices shouldn't hold you back. :smile:
Original post by TeaWolf
I did Geology, Geography and Physics at A-level and have offers to study Ba Photography in September. I did however do a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design in order to build a portfolio and stand a better chance of gaining a place. If you have a strong portfolio already though, and can explain it well then your previous subject choices shouldn't hold you back. :smile:

Yay! Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'm trying to work on my portfolio really hard, I just hope it's good enough that they can overlook the fact I didn't take related subjects.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest