The Student Room Group

Why is everyone outraged over this woman beheading a child, when...

...nobody is outraged that Russia has killed 200 kids since they started bombing Syria? The hypocrisy is absolutely disgusting.

Once again, people are pretending to care, but they're really just trying to push their political views. 200 kids bombed by Russia, nobody even notices. But a Muslim kills one kid, and the world is in ****ing uproar.

Of course the radical kippers will be crawling out of the woodwork to accuse me of not caring about this poor child being beheaded. But no, I care deeply, and it shouldn't have happened. I also care about the Syrians being massacred.

The people who really don't care are the xenophobes using this child's death to gain support for their hate campaign. Truly disgusting behaviour, you people should be ashamed.

Scroll to see replies

Military vs. Civilian. Jolly good comparison.
Original post by Aceadria

So it's okay for the military to massacre 200 kids? What???????????????????????????????????????????

So the military has all the rights in the world to kill civilians?

The woman should be tried for murder. Nothing more.
Original post by JordanL_
So it's okay for the military to massacre 200 kids? What???????????????????????????????????????????

Think about what you wrote and try again. Is that really what I said?
(edited 8 years ago)
Think about what you wrote and try again. Is that really what I wrote?

It's the implication of what you wrote, yes.
Original post by donutellme
So the military has all the rights in the world to kill civilians?

The woman should be tried for murder. Nothing more.

I'll refer you to my previous post.
Civilian casualties of a military kind, for political reasons =/= nanny beheading child in her care, in a non-warzone, for religious reasons
It's the implication of what you wrote, yes.

Not at all. You just simply assumed something and are arguing against something I did not state. I'm sure you can google what that is referred to.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Civilian casualties of a military kind =/= nanny beheading child in her care, in a non-warzone

So it's okay for the military representing an entire country to deliberately target civilians, but when one woman kills someone it's abhorrent and reflects poorly on all Muslims?
I'll refer you to my previous post.

Fair enough. They are 2 very separate issues.

Not acceptable to have so many civilian casualties. Not acceptable to lop of childrens' heads.
Original post by donutellme
Fair enough. They are 2 very separate issues.

Not acceptable to have so many civilian casualties. Not acceptable to lop of childrens' heads.

Precisely. Not excusing either but the OP's comparison is irrelevant in this case.
Precisely. Not excusing either but the OP's comparison is irrelevant in this case.

No, it's really not. If the British or the US military were deliberately targeting civilians there'd be hell on (or maybe not, because people really don't seem to care). I don't understand why military casualties are somehow less tragic?
No, it's really not. If the British or the US military were deliberately targeting civilians there'd be hell on (or maybe not, because people really don't seem to care). I don't understand why military casualties are somehow less tragic?

You're on a roll with your illogical assumptions.
You're on a roll with your illogical assumptions.

What assumptions?
Reply 15
Because Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is run by a British-Syrian immigrant who hasn't stepped in Syria in decades?
Reply 16
It's like one child's life is more important than another's.
What assumptions?

This is boring. Go troll someone else now, buddy.
Reply 18
Watch this

Nothing shady about this human rights group that Western media keep quoting?
This is boring. Go troll someone else now, buddy.

Yep, I'm trolling because I'm asking you to clarify your vague, meaningless statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending