The Student Room Group

Asking a female out in the gym

Hello
I have been attending the gym for a long time, I have been thinking of this one in the gym, I have been thinking of her for a long time, I dont like any of the other females in the gym, I was thinking of just being straight and asking her out on a date.
the dialogue would be like this not exact but a rough idea.
Me- Hi there, I was wondering if I could use this machine as well, I was going to be doing the same exercise.
Alternative dialogue- Hi there, I hope, I am not interupting you, I was wondering if I could have 1 or 2 minutes of your time,
Me- I wanted to ask you out, I want to ask you are you single, I would like to take you out for coffee or for dinner.
Me- I like you, So I wanted to be straight with you, I wanted to ask you out, if you say no, its ok as well, there is no pressure, I dont want you feeling pressured.

I want to be straight with her, I dont want to mess around, I really like her, I have been thinking of how to ask her out, I was ill this week, so I could not go to the gym to ask her out, I will be doing it Monday, Any tips and advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Turn her treadmill up really high, when she falls off be there to catch her
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello
I have been attending the gym for a long time, I have been thinking of this one in the gym, I have been thinking of her for a long time, I dont like any of the other females in the gym, I was thinking of just being straight and asking her out on a date.
the dialogue would be like this not exact but a rough idea.
Me- Hi there, I was wondering if I could use this machine as well, I was going to be doing the same exercise.
Alternative dialogue- Hi there, I hope, I am not interupting you, I was wondering if I could have 1 or 2 minutes of your time,
Me- I wanted to ask you out, I want to ask you are you single, I would like to take you out for coffee or for dinner.
Me- I like you, So I wanted to be straight with you, I wanted to ask you out, if you say no, its ok as well, there is no pressure, I dont want you feeling pressured.

I want to be straight with her, I dont want to mess around, I really like her, I have been thinking of how to ask her out, I was ill this week, so I could not go to the gym to ask her out, I will be doing it Monday, Any tips and advice.

Definitely don't say either of these two lines. :tongue:

You should not feel the need to apologise for taking up 1 or 2 minutes of her time.

Also don't reassure her there is 'no pressure' etc.

She is a big girl who can take care of herself. :wink:

Agree that you shouldn't mess her around if you really like her. No pick up lines etc.

So just smile, say you had seen her about and ask if she would like to have coffee sometime. :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 3
Your dialogue is too formal and robotic I'd think you were trying to sell me some gym equipment
You didn't mention whether you've spoken before. I'd say start build up to asking her out slowly. Start by saying hi when you pass her by. If she smiles back, the next time you see her (another day) make small talk, and the next time you see her start a convo and take it from there. Bear in mind when at the gym people aren't always as receptive to being chatted up compared to when in a club / bar, so I wouldn't be too forward the first time you speak to her. It'll also allow you to gage whether she's into you before you ask her out.
All the best :h:
"Hey gurl, I think you're fit. Let's get more fit together" xx
Original post by whorace

Note to self:never take advice from Whorace
Original post by whorace

prsom haha
Reply 9
Original post by Serine Soul
"Hey gurl, I think you're fit. Let's get more fit together" xx

Not bad Hepburn, if she's by the weights i'd go for 'Wait a minute, you're fit, i'm fit, let's fit together'
Reply 10
Worst idea ever.
Reply 11
Original post by Blondie987
Note to self:never take advice from Whorace

If she's on the rower you got to ask if she always pulls back that quick
Original post by whorace
If she's on the rower you got to ask if she always pulls back that quick

That note to self is coming in handy with all your 'useful' advice
Original post by whorace
Not bad Hepburn, if she's by the weights i'd go for 'Wait a minute, you're fit, i'm fit, let's fit together'

Humans aren't jigsaw pieces, babe
you could say
you - Yo Bi*ch I've been staring at your ass for like 5000 hours, and I was wondering if I could have a piece cuzz i'm hungry af.
When I'm at the gym the headphones are in and the sweat is pouring I legit look like a tomato ready to burst- maybe wait for her to finish her circuit and as shes leaving then walk next to her and be like yoooo I've seen you around quite a lot- can I buy you a coffee?
Reply 16
Original post by samina_ay
Humans aren't jigsaw pieces, babe

It would be a little difficult if I didn't know where all the pieces were going wouldn't it, darling

Original post by Blondie987
That note to self is coming in handy with all your 'useful' advice

You're just mad I don't live in Glasgow cus you want me to be your personal trainer
Original post by whorace
It would be a little difficult if I didn't know where all the pieces were going wouldn't it, darling

You're just mad I don't live in Glasgow cus you want me to be your personal trainer

Indeed, if you don't fit right she would have to find some other man, imagineeeeeeee
Reply 18
Original post by ImagineCats
When I'm at the gym the headphones are in and the sweat is pouring I legit look like a tomato ready to burst- maybe wait for her to finish her circuit and as shes leaving then walk next to her and be like yoooo I've seen you around quite a lot- can I buy you a coffee?

'I was staring at you at the gym and really wanted a tomato, want to go get some?'

So this ones not going to work
Original post by whorace

You keep telling yourself that :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending