The Student Room Group

Interview at Glasgow Uni for Primary teaching

Hey. I have my interview at Glasgow tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could share some hints and tips on it? Thank you.
Sorry I don't have any hints or tips to give but best of luck, let me know how it goes? I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you!
have you heard anything back like got an offer/decline ?
Reply 4
Yes. I've just had a conditional offer sent through tonight. Have you applied there yourself?
is this for the main campus or dumfries? nope ive not heard anything back
ive applied and had my interview over a month ago though
Reply 7
Original post by 123eoe123
ive applied and had my interview over a month ago though

I'm sure you'll hear back soon 😊 x
Original post by amytolland
I'm sure you'll hear back soon 😊 x
hope so :smile: did you apply for the main site or dumfries or the pdge?
Reply 9
hope so :smile: did you apply for the main site or dumfries or the pdge?

I applied for the main site undergraduate. What about you?
I applied for the main site undergraduate. What about you?

main campus too but ive not heard anything back, hope i do soon, congrats again
any advice for how long the prepared question should be?
do you have any advice on how long the prepared question should be?
Reply 13
Original post by tmeyler1234
do you have any advice on how long the prepared question should be?

For my prepared question I just sort of stated my opinion and the interviewer urged it on a bit further so probably 3-5 minutes but I wouldn't worry about time because once you say all you have to say they might build on your answer by asking why you think a certain thing or asking where you got inspiration for your answer etc. In total it will last roughly between 3-5 minutes but don't worry about actually talking for that long Good luck!
For my prepared question I just sort of stated my opinion and the interviewer urged it on a bit further so probably 3-5 minutes but I wouldn't worry about time because once you say all you have to say they might build on your answer by asking why you think a certain thing or asking where you got inspiration for your answer etc. In total it will last roughly between 3-5 minutes but don't worry about actually talking for that long Good luck!

ooh so its not like a speech/presentation type thing?
Reply 15
No. For me it was a one on one interview where they just ask you a series of questions.
anyone know what sort of questions are asked at edinburgh interview for primary teaching?
Reply 17
anyone know what sort of questions are asked at edinburgh interview for primary teaching?

Edinburgh was a group interview for me where they allowed us to ask each other questions and it became very conversational. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest