The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

September 2016 Entry- Offer holders- Accomodation

Hi all,

Mainly for those who have had an offer from Liverpool and have firmed/insured/are thinking of accepting a place, where are you most likely to stay?
I'm personally set on Greenbank or Carnatic Halls as they look brilliant for first year undergrads.
Was hoping to get an idea where other people were applying for?
I'm thinking along the same track as you but I've only just bothered looking into that sorta stuff earlier today. Everyone on here seems so certain of what they want to do and where they want to go and where they're going to stay! for someone as clueless as me it's kind of intimidating...
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by ShonaSaurus
I'm thinking along the same track as you but I've only just bothered looking into that sorta stuff earlier today. Everyone on here seems so certain of what they want to do and where they want to go and where they're going to stay! for someone as clueless as me it's kind of intimidating...

Dw about it man! People just look earlier than others because they're so excited- I'm only looking now to try and get my first choice haha
Greenbank and Carnatic are meant to be much more sociable, which i'd rather over fancy accomodation as a student. Just wanting to see where other people are choosing because I can't.make my mind up!
Original post by sjosborne
Dw about it man! People just look earlier than others because they're so excited- I'm only looking now to try and get my first choice haha
Greenbank and Carnatic are meant to be much more sociable, which i'd rather over fancy accomodation as a student. Just wanting to see where other people are choosing because I can't.make my mind up!

Best hall you'll find for quality is McNair in Carnatic. You're right, social life is good and you'll have a blast, best of all you'll save loads of cash by living there and have just as much if not more fun than all those people on campus.

It's not double bed ensuite and all that fancy rubbish, but it does the job and it's great fun! Ask yourself, do you want a hotel experience or a proper uni experience?
Reply 4
Original post by KeyboardNinja
Best hall you'll find for quality is McNair in Carnatic. You're right, social life is good and you'll have a blast, best of all you'll save loads of cash by living there and have just as much if not more fun than all those people on campus.

It's not double bed ensuite and all that fancy rubbish, but it does the job and it's great fun! Ask yourself, do you want a hotel experience or a proper uni experience?

Yeah I went to see McNair yesterday and it didn't even seem that bad. Will definitely be putting there as my first choice.
Original post by sjosborne
Yeah I went to see McNair yesterday and it didn't even seem that bad. Will definitely be putting there as my first choice.

It was probably me that gave you the tour! 50/50 chance anyway!
I've applied to Greenbank, McNair and Salisbury.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mo_orey98
Awesome I've applied to the exact same in that order! Hopefully I'll get into greenbank, smaller than carnatic which I like and still a lot more social than on campus accommodation 👍🏻

Woo! What course are you doing? I really hope I get Greenbank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending