The Student Room Group

St Olave's Sixth Form Entry 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
if anyone saw me i was in the small hall sitting on the first row on the left at the start of the table haha i felt like i was too overdressed lol it said smart casual and my mum was like "dont wear jeans!" :colonhash: i also got up for the art interview at 9:45 lol
I am sure you looked lovely :smile: I dressed up a bit as well as I wanted to look smart for the art interview. How did your interview go?
Reply 82
Original post by architecture901
I am sure you looked lovely :smile: I dressed up a bit as well as I wanted to look smart for the art interview. How did your interview go?

i think it was okay but i was so nervous i forgot marianne norths name at first when describing what painting i would buy for £80 million haha. how about you?
Reply 83
Original post by asphyxiax
i think it was okay but i was so nervous i forgot marianne norths name at first when describing what painting i would buy for £80 million haha. how about you?

This seems like a very interesting exam...
Original post by ithinkitslily

yeah i saw so many maths and chem which worries me bc i picked both lol, as well as french and history. how were you exams? i imagine all writing based subjects must be hard

Oh gosh, how are you doing an A Level in French?!
And I think the exams were okay? I'm not too sure, I feel as if my answers were really basic and weren't unique or impressive but I think I'm just being picky because they felt pretty good to me.

But doing all writing subjects is kind of a scary thing because people say A Levels are a lot of work anyway so with all that writing I imagine it's going to be rather difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
this is the month haha :s-smilie: when do you reckon we'll get the letters? i think next week possibly
this is the month haha :s-smilie: when do you reckon we'll get the letters? i think next week possibly

2013 - 11th March
2014 - 18th March
2015 - 14th March

So either next week or the week after 😱😱😭😭
Which letters arrive first, the acceptance letters or the rejection letters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomriddle
Which letters arrive first, the acceptance letters or the rejection letters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Acceptance... Which is why it's really scary when you hear someone else has it and you don't🙈🙈😱
Reply 89
ive come to the conclusion we're getting letters on saturday or monday! my guess is probably monday though :s-smilie:
ive come to the conclusion we're getting letters on saturday or monday! my guess is probably monday though :s-smilie:

Well, good luck people! I messed up my exams so there's a free place for someone xD.
Reply 91
i got in!!! i literally cried when i opened the letter haha good luck to everyone else!!! :h:
i got in!!! i literally cried when i opened the letter haha good luck to everyone else!!! :h:

Omg sameeee!! My mum sent me a text and a pic during history class and I cried and all my friends cried too.😭😭 well done to you!!!
congrats guys !! i haven't got a letter so i don't think i got in lol
Original post by ithinkitslily
congrats guys !! i haven't got a letter so i don't think i got in lol

Me neither, don't lose hope though! When they sent out the information about the test I got mine a day later than everyone else, don't assume you didn't get in until tomorrow (or Monday).
Don't worry, they send letters to everyone regardless of whether they get in or not.
Reply 96
i thought the letter would come on saturday or monday so dont be disappointed yet!!
on another note, im suddenly feeling really sad that i have to leave my current school and my friends :frown: i mean i dont have to but i really want the best for myself and i think olaves can give me that soooo im just conflicted haha
i thought the letter would come on saturday or monday so dont be disappointed yet!!
on another note, im suddenly feeling really sad that i have to leave my current school and my friends :frown: i mean i dont have to but i really want the best for myself and i think olaves can give me that soooo im just conflicted haha

thanks !!
i know how you feel- i was dead set on leaving but now the time has come closer i'm really considering staring at my school. but i think it's really important to go out of your comfort zone and push yourself so i think leaving would be the better option !!
If you haven't got an offer yet, don't worry about it. One could come tomorrow or Monday but if they don't, what is the point in being sad?

Many people think going to St Olaves or any other school is going to miraculously improve your grades and get you into these great universities. The truth is that you would only improve by as many grades as you put the effort in for, and schools like St Olaves work you to the bone to get those grades. However, if you go to any other school and work off of your own back then you are just as likely to get the same grades as you would have gotten if you went to a school that pushed you to do that amount of work.

The moral of the story? The school you get into does not have to affect how well you end up doing. In many cases, if you did not get into St Olaves then you most likely would have despised the style of teaching there. Why not just enjoy your Sixth Form life while working to your limits rather than go to a school that would push you beyond your limits?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if you didn't get in. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I got rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending