The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EzBB
Still haven't heard from the History department. Should I be worried?

A*AAAAAAAAAB
ABBB (the A UMS) resisting a few exams
A*AA (predicted)

I am waiting too!! I really hope they accept me, my dream uni!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by eleanorelodie
Congrats! What are you AS grades if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your GCSES and AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Im also applying for history xx
Hiiiiiii

GCSE's : A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA

A levels: French, Spanish and History
Also took English Language for AS

Applied for: Modern Languages and Cultures

Offer from: Grey College
Original post by Harrietgh98
Hiiiiiii

GCSE's : A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA

A levels: French, Spanish and History
Also took English Language for AS

Applied for: Modern Languages and Cultures
Offer from: Grey College

Same! Are you going to the residential on the 21st-22nd?
Original post by lukmanmiah
Same! Are you going to the residential on the 21st-22nd?

I'm going 22nd-23rd :frown:

Still might see you there on the 22nd though!

:smile: Did you apply to Grey or did you apply somewhere else first??
I'm going 22nd-23rd :frown:

Still might see you there on the 22nd though!

:smile: Did you apply to Grey or did you apply somewhere else first??

I applied to Grey first, what about you?
I applied to Grey first, what about you?

I actually applied to St Marys and I didn't actually look around Grey at the open day so I'm quite exited to go and stay there and see where I could be staying next academic year!

Could you tell me a bit about it? What were the things you liked the most about it??

:smile:
I actually applied to St Marys and I didn't actually look around Grey at the open day so I'm quite exited to go and stay there and see where I could be staying next academic year!

Could you tell me a bit about it? What were the things you liked the most about it??

:smile:

Ah to be honest I can't remember much but I remember it being labelled the most friendliest college and the surroundings was really nice.
Ah to be honest I can't remember much but I remember it being labelled the most friendliest college and the surroundings was really nice.

Aw that's nice :smile: I'm sure i'll love it!

Maybe see you there! :P
Aw that's nice :smile: I'm sure i'll love it!

Maybe see you there! :P

everyone ends up loving their college anyway and yeah maybe
Original post by sop10
Hey, I've been allocated to hatfield, but I don't really know much about it. You seem to like it. Would you mind telling me why you chose hatfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know much about it! But it's in the centre of Durham (not on the hill) and it's quite traditional with regular formals etc...!
Are places for post offer holders days still available? i didnt; get anything in the post, i just got an email from ucas about open days and then it just crossed my mind, i didn't book on to the durham open day!
Just got rejected for English :frown:
Don't know what I'm going to do now... I feel so broken
Original post by ziggyystardust

I'm so sorry to hear this, but remember that there are other Unis out there that would be lucky to have you! Getting rejected is tough but you have to remember that it shouldn't take away from how amazing you are as a person if an institution makes a decision about you. You'll continue to be as brilliant as ever, you just have to keep your chin up. I wish you the best for whatever you decide to do. Where are you thinking about going instead?
Original post by ziggyystardust

I'm so sorry, know that must be disheartening :frown: However, I have a friend who applied for English last year and was rejected from Cambridge, Durham and UCL but took a gap year and reapplied. This year she got into Cambridge and has offers from the others too - sometimes it can end up better than you might imagine! Good luck with everything :biggrin:
Original post by jerseyalevel
To study what? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biological sciences ! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scratchedpaw
I'm so sorry to hear this, but remember that there are other Unis out there that would be lucky to have you! Getting rejected is tough but you have to remember that it shouldn't take away from how amazing you are as a person if an institution makes a decision about you. You'll continue to be as brilliant as ever, you just have to keep your chin up. I wish you the best for whatever you decide to do. Where are you thinking about going instead?

Aww! Thank you for your long message! ☺️ I have no idea what I'm going to do...probably take a gap year and then reapply.
Good luck with everything x
Original post by georgiaf
I'm so sorry, know that must be disheartening :frown: However, I have a friend who applied for English last year and was rejected from Cambridge, Durham and UCL but took a gap year and reapplied. This year she got into Cambridge and has offers from the others too - sometimes it can end up better than you might imagine! Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Thank you! ☺️💕 I've applied to UCL too and still haven't heard back. It'll probably be a rejection.
I think I'm going to take a gap year and reapply. Hopefully I'll be as lucky as your friend the second time round.
xx
I sent you a PM btw!
(edited 8 years ago)
I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)
Original post by ak33m98
I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)

I got assigned a different college, one I really didn't like, and I emailed them and there is nothing that can be done to change it unfortunately..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest