The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Best Cardiff University Accommodation?

I'm looking for self catered, ensuite and a good atmosphere with decent facilities and location (I'll be studying Geography)

I'm going next week to see the university but I'm aware that I won't be able to visit all the accommodation so any advice, warnings or tips would be appreciated! :biggrin:
Anywhere except Uni Halls...
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Thaladan
Anywhere except Uni Halls...

why?
It's too far away from everything else. Most halls of residence are 15-25mins walk from the main university buildings. Uni Halls is a good 45mins walk away. It's very difficult to get fully involved in all the social stuff when you live so far away.
Agree with the above - NOT uni halls!

I lived in Talybont south so am biased towards that. Pros: good atmosphere/social life as it's big so most of your friends are likely to live nearby; middle-of-the-road price; bit nicer than Talybont North. Cons: 20-25 mins walk to uni, but most people do this so it's not like you'll be walking alone.

If you want something a bit more fancy but still within Talybont go for Court or Gate. They have bigger rooms, kitchens etc. But obv more expensive. Talybont North is on the cheaper side and I think it's a little grotty & also slightly further from town/uni than South, but still if you want more money for activities throughout the year it's fine!

Closer to uni are column hall and the like. These are smaller and supposedly less social. The benefit is you're closer to uni but I'd definitely choose the bigger 'village'-type halls (Talybont) over being closer but feeling less included.

Just not uni halls....unless you're a big fan of waiting for buses!
Reply 5
Original post by Daniellecorni5h

I lived in Talybont south so am biased towards that. Pros: good atmosphere/social life as it's big so most of your friends are likely to live nearby; middle-of-the-road price; bit nicer than Talybont North. Cons: 20-25 mins walk to uni, but most people do this so it's not like you'll be walking alone.

If you want something a bit more fancy but still within Talybont go for Court or Gate. They have bigger rooms, kitchens etc. But obv more expensive. Talybont North is on the cheaper side and I think it's a little grotty & also slightly further from town/uni than South, but still if you want more money for activities throughout the year it's fine!

Closer to uni are column hall and the like. These are smaller and supposedly less social. The benefit is you're closer to uni but I'd definitely choose the bigger 'village'-type halls (Talybont) over being closer but feeling less included.

Hey what about Liberty House? I think healthcare students only have the option of Cartwright court, Liberty house, talybont north and university hall
Original post by JoyO
Hey what about Liberty House? I think healthcare students only have the option of Cartwright court, Liberty house, talybont north and university hall

Hi,

I don't know much about liberty house, sorry. I'm not sure why healthcare students would only have the choice of those - I know medicine students who lived in Talybont South...
Reply 7
Hi,

I don't know much about liberty house, sorry. I'm not sure why healthcare students would only have the choice of those - I know medicine students who lived in Talybont South...

Ohh okay, thank you

Thanks!! :smile: Yeah I think I'm going to go for Talybont and choose from Court, Gate or South when I apply :smile: Thanks for your help!
Original post by 08ravena1172
Thanks!! :smile: Yeah I think I'm going to go for Talybont and choose from Court, Gate or South when I apply :smile: Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

What are you going to be studying?

I saw you were looking for accommodation, might I recommend our new site Windsor House? For just £125 per week you can live merely roads from Cardiff University's main campus, with great access to travel routes. What's more we have a range of excellent on-site facilities such as a cinema, games room and residents bar! With high-speed 200mb Wi-Fi 24 hour concierge/security and all inclusive rents - this is where you'll be wanting to spend your university days.

If you have any questions just let me know I'm happy to help!

Amelia x
Reply 10
Your website states that the cost is £175 per week
Original post by Collegiate Accommodation
Hi there,

What are you going to be studying?

I saw you were looking for accommodation, might I recommend our new site Windsor House? For just £125 per week you can live merely roads from Cardiff University's main campus, with great access to travel routes. What's more we have a range of excellent on-site facilities such as a cinema, games room and residents bar! With high-speed 200mb Wi-Fi 24 hour concierge/security and all inclusive rents - this is where you'll be wanting to spend your university days.

If you have any questions just let me know I'm happy to help!

Amelia x

Hi am interested in the £125 a week offer of accomadation,is this still available please ?I will need my own bathroom though???I have the money and am ready to go!!!haha
Original post by mizzkbish
Hi am interested in the £125 a week offer of accomadation,is this still available please ?I will need my own bathroom though???I have the money and am ready to go!!!haha

Hello Mizzkbish,

The rooms at Windsor House are currently £175 pw i'm afraid, the price has all the bills included and you'll have that en-suite bathroom you want! :h:

If you have any other questions, i'd be more than happy to help.

Callum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending