The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraaahhh
maybe it's a bit of both higher and advanced higher then?

I emailed them about it, it's similar to higher and consists of plane geometry, rules of manipulation, functions and calculus. Should have a couple of weeks to prepare before I start summer school though so I reckon I'll be fine.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by TheNeutralizer
I emailed them about it, it's similar to higher and consists of plane geometry, rules of manipulation, functions and calculus. Should have a couple of weeks to prepare before I start summer school though so I reckon I'll be fine.

oh that's good! it'll be a good opportunity to meet people who are also going to be starting too!
Got a conditional offer for Pharmacy :smile: has anyone heard back for Msci Pharmacology though?
Original post by Megs0698
Got a conditional offer for Pharmacy :smile: has anyone heard back for Msci Pharmacology though?

Nice, what was your offer ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasim-98
Nice, what was your offer ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

A conditional for second year entry!
Reply 425
Does anyone have any information about the program Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering? I have a conditional offer in it and MEng in Chemical Engineering.
How is it different from a simple MEng Chemical Engineering?
Anyone for architecture?
Original post by JoelyCam28
I'm probably going to move into halls for the first year at least but I might stay at home after that. I just want to get the full student experience first. Where are you from? (Feel free to direct message if you don't want to post that)

Yeah, I think I'm going to maybe stay at home for the first year but definitely move for year 2, I'm from Beith, so about half an hour away from Strathclyde, what about you?
Original post by dawlat
Does anyone have any information about the program Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering? I have a conditional offer in it and MEng in Chemical Engineering.
How is it different from a simple MEng Chemical Engineering?

Take a look at what the course covers on strath.ac.uk. I imagine with chemical engineering you wouldn't be doing as much, if any organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry etc etc.
Reply 429
Take a look at what the course covers on strath.ac.uk. I imagine with chemical engineering you wouldn't be doing as much, if any organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry etc etc.

I have gone through the course content but I can't understand somethings. I am an international applicant so I am not really sure how this program would work. Will students of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering study with those taking Applied Chemistry only and those taking Chemical Engineering only? Or will these students have their own classes? Will the students studying Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering study everything that MEng Chemical Engineering students study?
I don't know how stupid the above sentences sound but the Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering program and the MEng Chemical Engineering program are both accredited by the same institution as far as I can see. How does this work then?
Original post by Hannah2998
Yeah, I think I'm going to maybe stay at home for the first year but definitely move for year 2, I'm from Beith, so about half an hour away from Strathclyde, what about you?

Yay! Another Ayrshire person! In from Ayr. Have you been invited to this maths applicants lunch? If you have have you received any info about it?
Received an offer for MChem chemistry with drug discovery, one of the conditions being that I attend and pass summer school for mathematics and chemistry, does anyone know what level summer school mathematics is taught at?

I attended and passed the mathematics summer school last year.

It's mainly higher with a smattering of advanced higher.

Make sure you know your trigonometric identities!
Original post by JoelyCam28
Yay! Another Ayrshire person! In from Ayr. Have you been invited to this maths applicants lunch? If you have have you received any info about it?

Yeah not far then! Yeah I got a letter saying I would get more details but haven't yet. Did you get invited to the department applicant day on either the 16th or 23rd of March?
Does anyone remember receiving an offer on the weekend ? I don't know if I should check my emails on the weekend since most of my decisions came on weekdays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 434
Original post by qasim-98
Does anyone remember receiving an offer on the weekend ? I don't know if I should check my emails on the weekend since most of my decisions came on weekdays

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard from some people that they got offers on weekends but it is quite unlikely.
I think it is best to not obsess over your emails and leave them for the weekends at least. The offer will remain there.
Do not stress, focus on your revision and enjoy!
Just received a rejection for Law & Politics due to the "limited number of places". Absolutely gutted and heartbroken since it was one of my top choices :frown:
Original post by larademets
Just received a rejection for Law & Politics due to the "limited number of places". Absolutely gutted and heartbroken since it was one of my top choices :frown:

Jeez, sorry to hear that. That's rough. Still though, not the end of the world. Keep yer chin up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I'm just really scared now for Glasgow and Edinburgh since I strongly exceeded Strathclyde's entry requirements, and if they don't accept me well..
Original post by larademets
Thanks! I'm just really scared now for Glasgow and Edinburgh since I strongly exceeded Strathclyde's entry requirements, and if they don't accept me well..

Funnily enough, our positions are exactly reversed.
I applied to all those 3 unis for electrical engineering and got instantly rejected from Glasgow and Edinburgh. Strathclyde is the last one out of my original 5 that I reaaaaally wanna get.

Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squire1998
Funnily enough, our positions are exactly reversed.
I applied to all those 3 unis for electrical engineering and got instantly rejected from Glasgow and Edinburgh. Strathclyde is the last one out of my original 5 that I reaaaaally wanna get.

Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope you'll hear soon from Strathclyde and you'll get accepted! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending