The Student Room Group

Latest Brexit poll- 53% leave 47% Stay

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Nathanielle
And as you may have noticed, it is much more difficult for a non-EU citizen to get a job. Just ask Americans, Australians or Chinese.

No, it will not agree to free trade and Cameron will want to have some influence, too. And the other countries won't jump to Britain helps either, the US has already said that.

You are not allowed to make an own agreement, to protect the UK! Otherwise Poland could make an agreement, and the UK would have to follow, without having a say! Cameron has more political influence staying in the EU, than outside. The motivation of the EU is a pragmatic one, to be able to stay competitve in comparison to China, the US and India. The UK needs the EU as well! There is no giant UK negotiating with the dwarf EU. The UK won't be able to dictate how the treaty will have to look like.

Getting a free trade deal in favor of the UK with any country will be way more difficult to negotiate without the support of Germany, France and the rest of the EU. It has a reason the EU has not multiple free trade agreements. That because it is not easy!

The EU makes it more difficult to compete with other nations and free trade deals with other nations will be much easier & the EU has failed to sign deals with many nations because it is very difficult with 28 nations with 28 different economies & interests

UK loses trillions of pounds in trade because of EU membership http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/636483/UK-missed-out-on-trillions-pounds-trade-EU-membership
Remaining in the EU is only beneficial to the elite.

It's mostly big business and bankers who will benefit from remaining in the EU. Goldman Sachs and other big banks are making big donations towards the remain campaign. They're only in it for themselves, and a lot of the biased Western media is leaning towards the remain side.

I'll be voting leave, as it is a vote for anti-establishment and anti-elite.
Original post by suky321
Remaining in the EU is only beneficial to the elite.

It's mostly big business and bankers who will benefit from remaining in the EU. Goldman Sachs and other big banks are making big donations towards the remain campaign. They're only in it for themselves, and a lot of the biased Western media is leaning towards the remain side.

I'll be voting leave, as it is a vote for anti-establishment and anti-elite.

Not at all.

You're more inclined to get more of the elite donating as they have the money to donate. In terms of actual support you'll find many normal people of various social, political and economic backgrounds.

Also, the EU provide many farms and farming organisations subsidies ( as well as other benefits ) -not at all what I'd call a big bank.
Original post by TeeEm
I am a dual citizen with another EU country which is likely to leave the EU....
Damn!

Can we keep the maths genius half?
Reply 84
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Can we keep the maths genius half?

I have to stay ...
Original post by EricAteYou
Not at all.

You're more inclined to get more of the elite donating as they have the money to donate. In terms of actual support you'll find many normal people of various social, political and economic backgrounds.

Also, the EU provide many farms and farming organisations subsidies ( as well as other benefits ) -not at all what I'd call a big bank.

OK,

Can you name some disadvantages of remaining in? It can't all be a rosy picture staying in the EU.
Original post by suky321
OK,

Can you name some disadvantages of remaining in? It can't all be a rosy picture staying in the EU.

I can give you a massive list. Even after I've finished listing things I would have missed things out.

Nobody is saying the EU is perfect, every single person for remain will list disadvantages but these are many disadvantages that either a) can be addressed in a reformed EU or b) are slightly better than a disadvantage of leaving.

It's about the lesser of two evils.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending