The Student Room Group

Bristol or Nottingham for LLB law?

Hi guys,

I've applied for LLB law and received offers from both unis. I can't decide between the two, which is regarded as better by law firms? Is one significantly stronger when it comes to job prospects?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by rowse
Hi guys,

I've applied for LLB law and received offers from both unis. I can't decide between the two, which is regarded as better by law firms? Is one significantly stronger when it comes to job prospects?

Thanks in advance!

both are horrible for the % of students getting a 2.1 or better for law, go somewhere else
Original post by welcometoib
both are horrible for the % of students getting a 2.1 or better for law, go somewhere else

What do you mean by horrible?
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
What do you mean by horrible?

much lower for those two compared to any of the other top 10 unis for law, by a distance. dont know exact %
much lower for those two compared to any of the other top 10 unis for law, by a distance. dont know exact %

Well, Bristol's is quite high (going off Unistats). It's Nottingham which is remarkably low.
Well, Bristol's is quite high (going off Unistats). It's Nottingham which is remarkably low.

back in september i spoke to a law course rep from bristol on here who spoke about it. it may have been the difficulty of the course rather than than the % though, im confident its the latter but not 100% now.
back in september i spoke to a law course rep from bristol on here who spoke about it. it may have been the difficulty of the course rather than than the % though, im confident its the latter but not 100% now.

I think it's the percentage in first year, as I have heard that mentioned a few times as being quite harsh. But generally people like to big up their course. Maybe the Bristol rep has worked at one or two other unis in the top 10, but certainly not enough to form a valid opinion about the comparative difficulty of the course.
Reply 7
Hi there,

Do you have any idea where you can access this kind of info?

Original post by Pythian
Hi there,

Do you have any idea where you can access this kind of info?

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/study/10007786FT-9LAWD001UU-201415/ReturnTo/Search

Scroll down and you'll find class of degree.
Reply 9
Both the same. Both seen to be in the generally accepted top 10.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending