The Student Room Group

MASt Part III Forum

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi All!

Congrats to those with offers and good luck to those still waiting! I applied to the MASt Mathematical Statistics programme in early December 2015 and am still at the 'Under Consideration by Department' stage.

I was wondering if any of you have either heard of anyone receiving offers or received an offer yourself for this programme? Looking through I have seen offers for the pure maths and theoretical physics streams, but none for mathematical stats?

Reply 81
Original post by QuantMan
Hey, I am at the same stage as you, but I don't think we should worry too much. Can I ask when did you apply?

I applied in January. How about you?
Reply 82
Original post by Abcdef12
I applied in January. How about you?

I applied late December. From what I have seen, it seems those that applied in October November have just received replies last week. I could be wrong, but we may be getting replies in the upcoming round/batch.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys, congrats to all. I got an offer last week for the MASt Physics Part III (2.1 condition). I'm still waiting on the Applied Maths, but I applied to that one very late (only last month, long story) so I expect they'll evaluate me with the final lot of applicants.

Just overjoyed to be going to Cambridge this year, I hope to meet some of you there!
Reply 84
Original post by haypenny
Hi guys, congrats to all. I got an offer last week for the MASt Physics Part III (2.1 condition). I'm still waiting on the Applied Maths, but I applied to that one very late (only last month, long story) so I expect they'll evaluate me with the final lot of applicants.

Just overjoyed to be going to Cambridge this year, I hope to meet some of you there!

Hey congrats on the offer. Oh so they will now evaluate with all applicants before the deadline? Deadline is 15th March, was really hoping I'd get a reply before than T_T. I applied in December, the four months wait is killing me lol.
Hey congrats on the offer. Oh so they will now evaluate with all applicants before the deadline? Deadline is 15th March, was really hoping I'd get a reply before than T_T. I applied in December, the four months wait is killing me lol.

Thanks!

Oh, I don't know that for sure, I just assumed they'd hold me with the rest since I applied late - and it stops me from checking CAMSIS too much since I have no right to expect a decision soon. They don't give details of their rolling admissions process, so one can only guess!

The wait is really a killer, I wish you best of luck with taking your mind off it - I couldn't!
Reply 86
Spoke too soon haha! My application just moved to "Application with degree committee", I am too scared to celebrate LOL though!
Spoke too soon haha! My application just moved to "Application with degree committee", I am too scared to celebrate LOL though!

Oh hey, congrats! I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully they'll put you out of your misery with BOGS next week. Best of luck!
Could I ask what University's people are from? Just to get an understanding of the typical Uni?
Original post by acontium
Could I ask what University's people are from? Just to get an understanding of the typical Uni?

I'm at the university of Bath, but I really don't think it matters. If you have what's required to take the course, the uni you're coming from is fairly irrelevant.
Original post by Tedward
I'm at the university of Bath, but I really don't think it matters. If you have what's required to take the course, the uni you're coming from is fairly irrelevant.

Ah okay! :smile: Just interesting.
Reply 91
Have you guys received the official offer via email/letter? If so how long after getting conditional offer on the self-service website did it take? Btw I am getting a little worried about funding this thing :'(
Hey guys, im new here but it looks like I will be joining you in cambridge next year! My application just moved to BoGS this morning!
How long do you think till i get the official offer? I just want to be able to teeeeell people haha
Reply 93
Original post by guigui245
Hey guys, im new here but it looks like I will be joining you in cambridge next year! My application just moved to BoGS this morning!
How long do you think till i get the official offer? I just want to be able to teeeeell people haha

Hey congratulations - when did you submit your application?
Hey congratulations - when did you submit your application?

I sent the last supporting document on december 2th if I remember correctly, moved to degree committee a little over a week ago.
Suuuuuch a long wait but it's over now :biggrin:
What stage of application are you in right now?
Reply 95
Original post by guigui245
I sent the last supporting document on december 2th if I remember correctly, moved to degree committee a little over a week ago.
Suuuuuch a long wait but it's over now :biggrin:
What stage of application are you in right now?

You must be so relieved! I am still awaiting consideration by department but I submitted my application at the end of January so I think I still have a little while to wait - hopefully not too long!
You must be so relieved! I am still awaiting consideration by department but I submitted my application at the end of January so I think I still have a little while to wait - hopefully not too long!

Yeah the wait sucks :/
It looks like Cambridge is the slowest uni ever when it comes to grad studies...
We probably get quadruple checked ever step of the way.
Reply 97
Just been rejected from the Part III! So disappointed. I kind of wonder if I had applied earlier would I have been more likely to have been given an offer but oh well! Guess it solves my problem of doing another masters at Cambridge vs PhD. Well done to everyone who got in and good luck to those who haven't heard yet!
Hi again! Just got my offer for the Applied Maths Part III, which I'm now sure I will accept. Can't wait!
Original post by haypenny
Hi again! Just got my offer for the Applied Maths Part III, which I'm now sure I will accept. Can't wait!

Hey congrats! It seems like they realised a whole batch of offers this week.

Do you guys know if there is a fb grp for the 2016 part iii ppl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest