The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, but for a different reason.

It was the English Language exam. And God, the essay they asked us to write about was so sad and depressing - I couldn't help but tear up inside and tear up outside. I was crying; I think it was "weeping" - my English is not that good. It was so painful.

I also cried (this time with laughter) when I got my results. I got an A for that exam - maybe the tear drops on the answer script might have influenced the examiner.

The examiner might have thought they were genuine.
I almost did, in one of my A2 exams. It was a subject I'd never struggled in before, so when I found myself really struggling in the exam, I totally lost my confidence. I think the combination of having an unexpectedly difficult paper, plus the general stress of the exams just really got to me on that day, and I ended up crying on the way home and for most of the afternoon as well :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short, I ended up crying in my exam today because I didn't have a clue what I was doing and now I feel like a right idiot. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? :redface:

I've had exams that went so bad that I just doodled the whole way through, but I expected them to go bad, so I wasn't overly upset
I was very close to it in January. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long story short, I ended up crying in my exam today because I didn't have a clue what I was doing and now I feel like a right idiot. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? :redface:

I never cried in an exam, but I did make someone else cry afterwards. They said "that multiple choice question on page 3 about the titrations? I put down 3.15" I said "You mean page 6?"
I did, yes but for another reason.
I have in an A2 Chemistry ISA. Everyone was finishing up and starting to write their tables for a titration ISA. I, on the other hand, didn't manage to find any endpoints whatsoever and so had nothing to write down on the table and I broke down. :cry: :hide:
i cried in my first C1 maths exam up to roughly midday. I completely lost confidence in myself during the exam and my mind went blank.
Yeah i cried in the maths GCSE :redface: (did it silently lol) it was because i found it so hard but i had spent two years working so hard to practise and practise bc maths isn't my strong point that when i couldn't do the questions (yeah it was that Edexcel one....inb4 hannah's sweets ;-; )i just couldn't help it :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by CoolCavy
Yeah i cried in the maths GCSE :redface: (did it silently lol) it was because i found it so hard but i had spent two years working so hard to practise and practise bc maths isn't my strong point that when i couldn't do the questions (yeah it was that Edexcel one....inb4 hannah's sweets ;-; )i just couldn't help it :redface:

Spoiler

Lmao well done :tongue:
I didnt exactly cry but I nearly burst out laughing at one of the questions lool coz I was kind of hysterical
Lmao well done :tongue:

thank you :colondollar: tbh i still don't know the answers to those famous questions... :s-smilie: still can't work it out :beard: x
and btw don't feel like an idiot for crying :hugs: xxx
thank you :colondollar: tbh i still don't know the answers to those famous questions... :s-smilie: still can't work it out :beard: x
and btw don't feel like an idiot for crying :hugs: xxx

Haha I'm not Anon 1 cavy...

Yes. Last year in November I was sitting GCSE Maths, and the non-calc exam got me in tears while writing the paper. Towards the end the questions were just straight out ridiculous, so I ended up crying three quarters of the way through. I managed to hide it by keeping my eyes on the paper and sniffing discreetly. I look back at it now and think how I'd wasted time getting upset in an important exam. I don't think about it now though because through a miracle I passed:biggrin:
No, I have never and I probbaly wont ever do so because I just think its pointless? Like whatever comrs up comes up lmao you cant change it.
Haha I'm not Anon 1 cavy...

oops that awkward moment :colondollar:
oh cr@p i feel a right prat now :rofl:
sorry :lovehug: x
oops that awkward moment :colondollar:
oh cr@p i feel a right prat now :rofl:
sorry :lovehug: x

Lol its fine
Last year when I sat my AS exams on May/June, during my C12 Maths paper [it's basically Core 1 and Core 2 combined] I missed like three to four questions, and I only realised that 5 minutes before the exam ended when the invigilator told us to go through our paper, I was in a state of shock. I started crying (and honestly didn't give a damn at whoever was looking at me at that moment cos I felt helpless).:frown:
No, but I have been in an exam and started laughing uncontrollably because I knew so little about the exam in front of me. It was an accounting unit I'd chosen to do because it was supposed to be easy. Unsurprisingly failed.

Latest

Trending

Trending