The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amen1991
:toofunny:

He is experiencing pretty severe side effects of heartbreak so that was a serious statement.
Original post by MountKimbie
He is experiencing pretty severe side effects of heartbreak so that was a serious statement.

:toofunny:
Original post by georgiaswift
Tbh I think you completely deserve it.

HOWEVER, I'm going to give you advice on this, yet again. If you choose to ignore it this time then that's your choice but you'll be left feeling this way for a very long time.

1. Deliberately focus on other things. Every time you catch yourself thinking about her, stop and make a conscious effort to think about something else.

2. Go out with your friends. You've said you have male friends, so go out and have some fun with them. Keep yourself occupied.

3. Join clubs/ take up hobbies. Essentially choose some things that you're interested in and do them. If you like horse riding, then join a club. If you like body building, join a gym.

4. Immerse yourself in university work. Focus intensely on getting your work done and completing your final year. If you start thinking about her, consciously change the topic in your head so that you aren't thinking about her. Force yourself to think about other things.

5. Keep yourself busy. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing you'll wind up thinking about her, hence the creation of this thread. Make lots of plans and full your day with activities.

6. Do not talk to her. If she unblocks you, then block her and do not unblock her. Avoid all contact. Whenever you talk to her you wind up miserable, especially considering you know she doesn't actually like you.

7. Do not date right now. You're mentally unwell and in a bad place. Dating will just make you think of her until you're over her, and it's not fair on the girls you date if you can't fully commit to them.

If you follow this, you will get over her. But you have to actually try, and stop wallowing in self pity and trying to get sympathy from us on the student room. You need to be proactive.

Ok thank you I really appreciate your advice. I will try to do each of the things you said.
Although I actually feel physical pain because of this and I don't know how to stop that.
There is just thing, on Monday, she will be in my class. Now usually, we always sit next to each other. So what should I do on Monday? Should I go and sit in my usual place? Or should I go and sit elsewhere? And what about when I see her? What if she says hi or talks to me?

I think she will sit elsewhere and surround herself with other friends and try to isolate me. (She has done this once before)

I don't want to make this worse. I know her, she will be able to act normal because she isn't affected by this like I am.
Original post by Debbie_KB
Perfect advice.... No better way to put it!! :smile:

I'd take the advice this time....

Original post by whorace
8. Do not ignore georgiaswift. Otherwise you'll be back here tomorrow

On paper it's great advice. I just actually need to act on it which is the hard part. But I will try.

Believeteam22 you have posted your situation on several online forums. Your last thread on TSR was locked by a moderator. It sounds like you need professional advice from a doctor. There is nothing anybody here can say to comfort you anymore. It's all been said before.

Haven't posted on any other site over a year. Just on here. It was locked suddenly and things were still ongoing.

Original post by Joel 96
Get counselling.

I am considering that.
Original post by believeteam22
Ok thank you I really appreciate your advice. I will try to do each of the things you said.
Although I actually feel physical pain because of this and I don't know how to stop that.
There is just thing, on Monday, she will be in my class. Now usually, we always sit next to each other. So what should I do on Monday? Should I go and sit in my usual place? Or should I go and sit elsewhere? And what about when I see her? What if she says hi or talks to me?

I think she will sit elsewhere and surround herself with other friends and try to isolate me. (She has done this once before)

I don't want to make this worse. I know her, she will be able to act normal because she isn't affected by this like I am.

No, sit somewhere else. And if she tries to talk to you, tell her 'I don't want any more contact with you' and then move away. Do not engage in any conversation with her, and don't get drawn into explaining your reasons or asking her why she did this. Just say 'I don't want any contact with you' and leave. No other words need to be spoken.

I am considering that.

It's not that I meant it horribly. I genuinely believe you need to talk to someone about this. There's only so much we can say through text. You need a professional (as Kimbie put) to navigate you through this hard time.
Good luck.
No, sit somewhere else. And if she tries to talk to you, tell her 'I don't want any more contact with you' and then move away. Do not engage in any conversation with her, and don't get drawn into explaining your reasons or asking her why she did this. Just say 'I don't want any contact with you' and leave. No other words need to be spoken.

OK. Thanks again. Only problem is she will understand from my face how upset I am. This is a problem I have - the world can see if I have a problem. It's written all over my face. I am not good at hiding my feelings. I guess this is something I have to learn to do.
Original post by Joel 96
It's not that I meant it horribly. I genuinely believe you need to talk to someone about this. There's only so much we can say through text. You need a professional (as Kimbie put) to navigate you through this hard time.
Good luck.

I know. The thing is I have talked about this situation to many people, multiple friends, family members, relatives, my best friend, etc.

I did email my uni counselling team, but they said it could take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment.
I know. The thing is I have talked about this situation to many people, multiple friends, family members, relatives, my best friend, etc.

Yeah, and the fact that you're still talking about it means that you need a professional. The ones closest to you will be there for you, no doubt, but they don't always have the answers. That's where counselling comes in.

Just hang tight. Just a few weeks.
Trust me, it helps.
Wait... Has this been going on for a year now?!
Original post by BWV1007
Wait... Has this been going on for a year now?!

About 40 threads made I think
Déjà vu. This girl isn't even the sole issue anymore. She is just the focus of a much wider mental health problem that centralises on emotional instability, addiction and dependency. How can we possibly help someone who is constantly drawn to repeating patterns of negative behaviour?

You need to rebuild your life from scratch once university is over and honestly the only way this can happen is with the long-term help and support of a mental health professional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by frozen_fire
Déjà vu. This girl isn't even the sole issue anymore. She is just the focus of a much wider mental health problem that centralises on emotional instability, addiction and dependency. How can we possibly help someone who is constantly drawn to repeating patterns of negative behaviour?

You need to rebuild your life from scratch once university is over and honestly the only way this can happen is with the long-term help and support of a mental health professional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I really don't think so. I'm ok honestly. I'm all there. It's just I've spent 3yrs with this girl and now she's completely shut me out of her life entirely and it's really affecting me in a bad way. I miss her. I wish things were different. I wish it didn't end this way. She doesn't seem fazed by this at all. I'm just heartbroken.
No I really don't think so. I'm ok honestly. I'm all there. It's just I've spent 3yrs with this girl and now she's completely shut me out of her life entirely and it's really affecting me in a bad way. I miss her. I wish things were different. I wish it didn't end this way. She doesn't seem fazed by this at all. I'm just heartbroken.

What do you miss about her? What is it about her you like so much? What do you mean 'end this way', it's been pretty terrible since the beginning.

Mate stop lying to yourself.

You are wasting your life, and with this continued pattern of behaviour you will continue to waste your life until you wake up one day 50 years old, alone, miserable and thousands of opportunities having passed you by and you will realise your mistake

Got get some serious help or else you deserve every feeling of pain you have. I am sick of giving advice to someone (for 2 blood years now) who never follows through with using this advice.

@georgiaswift has much more patience than I do because I honestly see you as a lost cause until you wise up and stop giving pathetic excuses.
This guy HAS to be a troll, absolutely has to be. Google his name and you'll see how much he's posted on like..bodybuilding forums etc but nothing about actually lifting, it just seems he wants to get onto a popular forum and bait some responses. This isn't realistic behavior.
(edited 8 years ago)
This guy HAS to be a troll, absolutely has to be. Google his name and you'll see how much he's posted on like..bodybuilding forums etc but nothing about actually lifting, it just seems he wants to get onto a popular forum.

The possibility of troll is definitely there, but there is no denying there are some sick people out there who fixate on things like this.

Whether he is a troll or obsessed with the girl I have no idea. But either way this guy clearly needs some help, trolling to this level and amount is not normal.
Reply 37
Go up to her, ask if she can crouch down, when she asks why just say "I need to get over you"
Reply 38
Tbh I think you completely deserve it.

HOWEVER, I'm going to give you advice on this, yet again. If you choose to ignore it this time then that's your choice but you'll be left feeling this way for a very long time.

1. Deliberately focus on other things. Every time you catch yourself thinking about her, stop and make a conscious effort to think about something else.

2. Go out with your friends. You've said you have male friends, so go out and have some fun with them. Keep yourself occupied.

3. Join clubs/ take up hobbies. Essentially choose some things that you're interested in and do them. If you like horse riding, then join a club. If you like body building, join a gym.

4. Immerse yourself in university work. Focus intensely on getting your work done and completing your final year. If you start thinking about her, consciously change the topic in your head so that you aren't thinking about her. Force yourself to think about other things.

5. Keep yourself busy. If you're sitting around all day doing nothing you'll wind up thinking about her, hence the creation of this thread. Make lots of plans and full your day with activities.

6. Do not talk to her. If she unblocks you, then block her and do not unblock her. Avoid all contact. Whenever you talk to her you wind up miserable, especially considering you know she doesn't actually like you.

7. Do not date right now. You're mentally unwell and in a bad place. Dating will just make you think of her until you're over her, and it's not fair on the girls you date if you can't fully commit to them.

If you follow this, you will get over her. But you have to actually try, and stop wallowing in self pity and trying to get sympathy from us on the student room. You need to be proactive.

I have seen you time and time again giving this guy advice he never ever takes. I remember him from last year. You have the patience of a saint.

I forgot to add denial and stubbornness are two other traits you seem to be so blissfully good at. You are not well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending