The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
wtfffffff i have an offer for law but havent received word with regards to my open college application

I'm an international student idk if that factors into things
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by sherds
wtfffffff i have an offer for law but havent received word with regards to my open college application

I'm an international student idk if that factors into things

When did you get your offer/ when did you apply? They might be doing the first applicants first
Anyone heard back for politics and philosophy?
Geography BA: A*AA (got reduced to AAA due to my health issues)
College: I didn't have a preference and got put in Van Mildert.
Any one else?:smile:
Original post by georgias98
Geography BA: A*AA (got reduced to AAA due to my health issues)
College: I didn't have a preference and got put in Van Mildert.
Any one else?:smile:

Hi, huge congratulations on your offer! May I ask when you informed Durham of your health issues? Was it before or after an offer? And when did they get back to you and lower your offer? I send a letter about health problems with evidence and my offer is a*aa and I haven't heard anything else... any help would be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!
I'm doing Spanish and History (with year abroad) and was reallocated to St Aidan's college - does anyone know much about it? I was hoping for a Bailey college so don't know what to think!
Original post by alli1234
I'm doing Spanish and History (with year abroad) and was reallocated to St Aidan's college - does anyone know much about it? I was hoping for a Bailey college so don't know what to think!

Congratulations! I'm a straight History student but I'm hoping to do a year abroad too :smile: I don't have much experience but I've heard that people tend to be happy and grow to love their college wherever they go!
Great! Yeah I've heard that too - have you been allocated a college yet?
Original post by alli1234
Great! Yeah I've heard that too - have you been allocated a college yet?

No I haven't, but I've applied to castle and they said they'll let me know in the next 2 weeks :smile:
I just got an offer this morning to study English, I'm absolutely over the moon, I can't stop grinning!

Course: English Literature
Offer: A*AB
Date Applied: Early December
Date Offer Received: 4th of March
College Applied for: University
College Allocated: Z/Pending
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 790
Is it normal that you get a letter with your college allocation? I didn't really expect this since I am an international applicant.. Got allocated to St Hild and St Bede btw, for PPE :smile:
Hello everyone! Does anyone know if there's any organised dancing society at the uni? Would love to continue it as sport when I move.
Reply 792
Hi everyone!

I have an offer for Bsc Geography (AAA) at St Chads!

Got my offer in November, maybe a week or two after applying, but so far I've just been sitting on my offers and thinking it through - hence the delayed post.

So excited to have been allocated the college I applied to - but I don't know that much about Chads, so please share if you do!

Congrats on everyones offers so far :smile:
Original post by scblx
Is it normal that you get a letter with your college allocation? I didn't really expect this since I am an international applicant.. Got allocated to St Hild and St Bede btw, for PPE :smile:

I'm also an international student (EU) and they sent me my college allocation by post as well. I found it quite odd because being international it takes longer for things to get here; it would make sense to receive an email instead☺️
Got an offer for Law. (Surprising, given my LNAT score)

Conditions: SATs at 700, 700, 700 (U.S.)
College: Collingwood

Going to the post offer visit day on 22 March!
(edited 8 years ago)
Course: English lit
Offer: unconditional (on gap year)
Date applied: January 10th
Date received: March 2nd
College applied: St Cuth's (parsons field)
College allocated: don't know yet!
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I've started a new thread for Grey College offer holders. Anyone who gets allocated there is welcome to join :-D

I've been allocated there too :smile: But I can't find the thread, can you send me the link please? :smile:
Original post by Simonab
I've been allocated there too :smile: But I can't find the thread, can you send me the link please? :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3912163&p=63072137#post63072137
Original post by bethskyerobinson
Hi, huge congratulations on your offer! May I ask when you informed Durham of your health issues? Was it before or after an offer? And when did they get back to you and lower your offer? I send a letter about health problems with evidence and my offer is a*aa and I haven't heard anything else... any help would be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Well I have a long term medical condition (type 1 diabetes), and on my UCAS form I had to state it. Then I sent UCAS off, a few weeks later Durham asked me to fill in a form about my condition and I had to explain it etc, then I got an offer a few months later. Each university has now sent me forms I have to fill in to give evidence etc but Durham and Lancaster were the only uni's to lower the grade boundaries which I didn't expect, but they acknowledge that it effects my education. Hope this helps :smile: x

Quick Reply