The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I almost cried in two of my final exams last year (Math and History, they went fine in the end, just not as well as I'd hoped). But then, I have the unfortunate tendency of being weepy in anxiety-inducing situations...had to learn to master the art of surreptitiously wiping my eyes :wink: (Easier for people with long hair, as you can hide behind it)
on three occasions:

my math gcse because i was so nervous and i felt like i couldnt do it
my chemistry gsce for the same reason as above but also because i had argued with the guy who i was 'in love' with literally minutes before we was to go in for the exam
my history A2 exam because i was nervous af
Reply 42
yeah latin GCSE
just cause I hate quintus tbh
Original post by Desideria
I almost cried in two of my final exams last year (Math and History, they went fine in the end, just not as well as I'd hoped). But then, I have the unfortunate tendency of being weepy in anxiety-inducing situations...had to learn to master the art of surreptitiously wiping my eyes :wink: (Easier for people with long hair, as you can hide behind it)

Exactly this happened to me. :zomg:
Original post by Blondie987
Yeah, it was fine lol, it was a first year essay and it's actually a pretty minor part of the course overall, it was a bit of a shock to get it back as I had to write one for Spanish in the same format and I got a B for that one? Oh well, over now :tongue:

Haha, you're so sweet! :lovehug:

Oh that's good, and strange as well! :hmmmm: well done on the Spanish essay though! :rave::rave:

Just calling it like I see it :wink2:
Original post by SeanFM
Oh that's good, and strange as well! :hmmmm: well done on the Spanish essay though! :rave::rave:

Just calling it like I see it :wink2:

Thanks! It's getting to that point in the year when I'm realising I actually know nothing so I hope I'll be able to find the same inspiration for the exam lol
Original post by Blondie987
Thanks! It's getting to that point in the year when I'm realising I actually know nothing so I hope I'll be able to find the same inspiration for the exam lol

:five: me too, me too. Must get off TSR and revise :tongue: see ya.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

That question isn't that hard. :colone: GCSE?
Reply 48
No but in GCSE English I finished like an hour early cos I didn't know what to write and I sat there alone with my own thoughts and started laughing so hard I cried :rofl:
I could NOT stop I swear I was scared that I'd lost my sanity... well not that I had any to lose but you know what I mean :lol:
the invigilators were like... do you want a break? So they dragged my giggling ass out of the Hall :lol: best time of my life :tongue:
Original post by High Stakes

I thought that was a good question.... :redface: And yh, it was in a GCSE paper, May 2015
Never. Too late to cry whilst in the exam, just do your best and cry after if need be, Use every minute avaulable becayse it could get you the extra mark you need. Uoi shouldnt feel too bad though, just onwards and upwards.
I've seen some people crying in exams. The other guy who took STEP 1 at my college just stared at the paper for an hour then walked out. I've never cried in an exam. I was panicking in F322 and F325 though because I forgot a lot of stuff, due to having more important exams on the same day and hence not revising enough and worrying about the other exam. I also often used to get pretty depressed in English exams.

Original post by CoolCavy
NOOOOOOOOOOOO :zomg:
although tbf the mems aren't too bad as this page had my tears on so it didn't look the same :cry2:
still don't get it tbh ;-; :dunce:

Basic probability theory. Calculate the probability that the first sweet is orange, then multiply it by the probability that the second sweet is orange, given that the first sweet is orange. Set it equal to 1/3 and you have the answer.
Original post by AthiaKarim
I've cried on results day...not in an exam though :frown:

Why Athia why :frown: ?
Original post by High Stakes

I still don't see what all the news was about. I'm in year 11 and it seems like a standard gcse maths question :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
Yeah i cried in the maths GCSE :redface: (did it silently lol) it was because i found it so hard but i had spent two years working so hard to practise and practise bc maths isn't my strong point that when i couldn't do the questions (yeah it was that Edexcel one....inb4 hannah's sweets ;-; )i just couldn't help it :redface:

Spoiler

The spoiler :lol:
Wednesday in my biology mock how satanic is multiple choice
Original post by z33
No but in GCSE English I finished like an hour early cos I didn't know what to write and I sat there alone with my own thoughts and started laughing so hard I cried :rofl:
I could NOT stop I swear I was scared that I'd lost my sanity... well not that I had any to lose but you know what I mean :lol:
the invigilators were like... do you want a break? So they dragged my giggling ass out of the Hall :lol: best time of my life :tongue:

Story of my life... I never really liked English (and it didn't like me back!)
I laughed in the GCSE maths exam because of the names they give some of the 'people'.... its always Sam, Jane and Gupta :rofl:
Reply 57
Original post by Amellia123
Story of my life... I never really liked English (and it didn't like me back!)
I laughed in the GCSE maths exam because of the names they give some of the 'people'.... its always Sam, Jane and Gupta :rofl:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL YES OM
"Gupta bought 83 watermelons..." dead x'DDD
Original post by trapking
Why Athia why :frown: ?

it was an emotional day and did better than i believed to haha (i sound so dumb right now lol)
Original post by AthiaKarim
it was an emotional day and did better than i believed to haha (i sound so dumb right now lol)

Naw you don't sound dumb silly :tongue:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending