The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deniakp
good luck with that! :biggrin: When did you send your application? and are you traveling from another country or are you from england?

I'm from Italy so it's not a big deal for me to fly to London for a few days.. I'll do the same if csm calls me for a review.. I submitted my application in the last days of January!
(edited 8 years ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
I'm from Greece so I will see what I can do if they call me for interview etc. I send mine..mhm I dont remember but a couple of days before the deadline, late January so I hope I 'll hear from then soon:yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by haonej
Which country are you from??

I'm frm Greece :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deniakp
I'm from Greece so I will see what I can do if they call me for interview etc. I send mine..mhm I dont remember but a couple of days before the deadline, late January so I hope I 'll hear from then soon:yep:

Hope it goes well!! Good luck!
Reply 124
Original post by deniakp
I'm frm Greece :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so cool!

I am moving to London from Sweden :smile:
Original post by fabiofari
Hope it goes well!! Good luck!

Thanks ^_^ good luck to you too (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haonej
That's so cool!

I am moving to London from Sweden :smile:

Waa sweden! Nice :awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganverseyyy
I've applied for primary ed too! Have you heard back yet?

Hi sorry just literally seen this how late am I.
Yes I heard back a few days later with a "declined offer" based on not meeting the requirements despite alot of correspondence before applying confirming I do. Anyways I had to challenge the decision and they accepted the decline was done in Error. I literally had my interview Weds (24th feb) waaiting to hear now
Applicant day was a disappointment man
Reply 129
Original post by Welkom

Would you mind telling us about your day? I'm sorry to hear it was disappointing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haonej
Would you mind telling us about your day? I'm sorry to hear it was disappointing :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

We had a nice welcome in the main entrance but it was all downhill from there really. We sat in the canteen for a little while, it reminded me of a college canteen (they had two, a separate one where the lecturers eat - students can go there but they tend not to we were told). It was packed and not entirely comfortable but the food and drink was quite cheap.

At 12 we went on an accommodation tour to Seething Wells, a 10 minute bus ride - not really within a good walking distance of the University. On the outside it was nice, basket hoops and table football on the greens, but a group of about 40 of us were packed into this one hot flat 8 at a time. The kitchens contained one fridge and two freezers, which is not enough if you're lumped with 7 other flatmates, as well as a cupboard each, a microwave, a kettle and some other bits. It looked old and a bit run down in truth. The bedroom's were cramped and the en-suites looked drab, the best bit about the accommodation was the laundry rooms, they were nice.

We hopped on the bus back and went into an introduction talk, it was alright, same sort of thing you get at every Uni, a dance performance was cancelled because there was a sound problem. Then we had some lunch in the canteen that was even more crowded than when we arrived. We went to a talk about student funding, the man new his stuff and was an interesting listen, some other people attending asked questions that he had actually answered during the talk which was annoying, but the talk itself was good. Then gave ourselves a campus tour, it's not a great campus I don't think. Buildings all cramped together and we couldn't see any other places to eat or drink aside from the two canteens I have mentioned. The entire layout felt as though it wasn't going to give a 'university life', everything reminded me of what I currently have at college, from the journey in to the buildings themselves.

I left before my subject session because I knew the University wasn't for me.

It probably wasn't helped by the fact that I was comparing it to Roehampton, whose Offer holder day I attended last week. That had a much nicer vibe about it, it's a London University but is within itself. A campus separate from the outside estates (which aren't very appealing), it feels connected with plenty of halls on site, a bar, cafes, bank, pizzeria(!), gym, leisure centre sort of thing, a couple of lakes, greenery - just general niceness. But it's got better access to the tube than Kingston and you can easily get a bus to Kingston if you want to go to the Bentall centre or its clubs/pubs. There's an ASDA a short bus ride away and the lecture room I went in was more of a lecture room than Kingston's in that it was chairs in rows with their own little desks, whereas the Kingston room I went in was all in square tables, again like school/college.

This post reads a bit like an advert for Roehampton, apologies for that, just my honest opinion on Kingston really.
Original post by deniakp
Hi Chloe I have one more question. If Kingston invites me for interview, but I can't be there, as I'm not from UK, what happens? Can we do it through skype/telephone ?

Hi deniakp,

Yes there will be measures in place to interview international students.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Recieved an email about the applicant day and have not had an invite, I emailed last month and was told about problems but still nothing and 19th March is fast approaching, I also emailed yesterday and have had no response please help
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 133
Hey everyone! There's a group set up on FB for everyone hoping to start at Kingston in 2016! It's got about 100 other people and is quite active!Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1637945269809349/
Reply 134
Hey everyone! There's a group on FB that's been set up for everyone planning to start at Queen Mary in September! It's got almost 300 people in it and is quite active so I thought I'd share it!https://www.facebook.com/groups/1475153506127451/
Original post by Leotsd777
Recieved an email about the applicant day and have not had an invite, I emailed last month and was told about problems but still nothing and 19th March is fast approaching, I also emailed yesterday and have had no response please help

I had the same problem, no replies to emails. General communication from Kingston was another factor. I had to give them a ring in the end, this is the number:

Tel: +44 (0)20 8417 9000
Original post by Welkom

Hi Welkom,

So sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Open Day. If you wouldn't mind emailing your feedback to [email protected] we will be able to respond to your feedback as we take this very seriously.

Best,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Original post by Kingston University

Hi Chloe,
Do you have an idea of when Kingston University will start sending offers? I sent my application in early Jan, and I am still waiting for a reply at the moment.

Thanks
Reply 138
Hi, I just wanted to know what the student life is like at Kingston and also how was it on your first day... im really nervous about moving away? :smile:

Original post by 2coolf2456
Hi Chloe!

Any tips for an interview at Kingston for nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kingston University
Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:
Original post by LionKing101
Hi Chloe,
Do you have an idea of when Kingston University will start sending offers? I sent my application in early Jan, and I am still waiting for a reply at the moment.

Thanks

Me too! What is going on?!

Quick Reply

Latest