The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid in your part-time job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jan15
Sorry, there's no need to be rude. Please don't make assumptions about me either.

i wasnt being rude, i was stating the obvious, youre not able to name your place of work online on social media etc, its a common fact
Original post by Justmoll28
i wasnt being rude, i was stating the obvious, youre not able to name your place of work online on social media etc, its a common fact

You are.. It highly depends on the employer, I very much doubt Tesco would care whether you stated how much you were paid or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You are.. It highly depends on the employer, I very much doubt Tesco would care whether you stated how much you were paid or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nowadays with the impact of social media.. as long as you aren't a d'bag online, I bet most employers would really love you endorsing their company through advertising their brand in that way.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Not really. I always bring my own bag so I don't get carrier bags (aka a university open day bag) and I charge everyone 5p. Only had to get a carrier bag once when I left my bag at home .-., so it's not every time I go shopping there.

I think the charity donations that I do with some of my spare change counteract it anyways.

I'm not being harsh but it is illegal. You can't not charge anybody 5p for a carrier bag whether they work there or not. Hence the law was introduced. If I was you I would report this to your manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cpaige21
I'm not being harsh but it is illegal. You can't not charge anybody 5p for a carrier bag whether they work there or not. Hence the law was introduced. If I was you I would report this to your manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't think anyone at the store, including the managers would get very worked up over it.
I'd think that there would be more 'theft' of carrier bags at self checkouts as I know people take bags from them for free, and no one really stops them. It applies to practically any store with self checkouts I would think.
The government law is a bit ridiculous as there are many ways to get them for free, such as the self checkouts I've mentioned. (I don't condone not paying the charge, as I charge everyone for one)
Also, the manager's pretty much non-existent for the shifts I work.
This is a good thread.
Company: Three UK
Job Title: Sales Advisor
Number of hours: 16
Hourly rate: £8/h
Bonus:
- 25% of base pay p/month for hitting 90% of target
- 1.25% of base for every 1% over the target, until 112.5% target
- 25% of quarterly (3 month) base pay for hitting 93% Customer Service feedback rating
(I hit both consistently)
Benefits:
- Discounted phones
- Staff Phone + free unlimited sim plan
- Ability to trade holidays for cash
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension, other misc. benefits
Method of application: Online app > Video Interview > Face to Face interview

Previously worked at O2 for 6 months, started working there at 16 years old then got the above job at 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get your current and previous job?
Original post by Blackstarr
How did you get your current and previous job?

Read: 'method of application'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saifariif
Company and job position?
Motor Engineers, MOT Tester

Number of hours employed per week?

Hourly rate?
£13 p/h Cash in hand

Any other benefits?
Huge discount on car parts and services

How did you hear about the job?
Father works there

:wtf: ? I thought your pay would go into your direct debit end of the month.
Company and job position: Boots, Customer assistant.
Number of hours employed per week: 20 hours/week.
Hourly rate: £8.29
Any other benefits: 10-15% discount (can't remember on what though)
How did you hear about the job: Google.

Thank god I'm not working anymore... Life is so much easier when all you have to do is just study. #Neveragain
£6.70 per hr
Do you guys with jobs work on them alongside school or are you only working now?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Company and job position: Boots, Customer assistant.
Number of hours employed per week: 20 hours/week.
Hourly rate: £8.29
Any other benefits: 10-15% discount (can't remember on what though)
How did you hear about the job: Google.

Thank god I'm not working anymore... Life is so much easier when all you have to do is just study. #Neveragain

I can relate.. Quit mine a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can relate.. Quit mine a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

WORST PART is when the manager asks you if you can work overtime as
they are short staff OR a colleague asks you to cover their shift. :shot:

All I want to do is just crawl up and :rip:
Honestly, only thing that kept me going was the feeling that once I get my pay cheque I'll never be working here again.

Wbu? What made you quit yours?
WORST PART is when the manager asks you if you can work overtime as
they are short staff OR a colleague asks you to cover their shift. :shot:

All I want to do is just crawl up and :rip:
Honestly, only thing that kept me going was the feeling that once I get my pay cheque I'll never be working here again.

Wbu? What made you quit yours?

Mostly because I cba with focusing on hitting my targets all the time. There's always monthly reviews of how people are doing, and if your figures drop slightly you get reprimanded and/or pushed to find new ways of closing deals. I mean, I enjoy being challenged and pushed but when I have to study for exams it's a massive distraction.

Overtime didn't really exist lol, I just got a day off instead as I was contracted to just 16 hours (no more, no less).
position: recreational assistant
place:sports centre
hourly rate: 5.40 (under 18)
hours: 10 a week
other benefits? reduced membership of gym :smile:
Mostly because I cba with focusing on hitting my targets all the time. There's always monthly reviews of how people are doing, and if your figures drop slightly you get reprimanded and/or pushed to find new ways of closing deals. I mean, I enjoy being challenged and pushed but when I have to study for exams it's a massive distraction.

Overtime didn't really exist lol, I just got a day off instead as I was contracted to just 16 hours (no more, no less).

How many days a week did you do, perhaps that was why you felt pressured with exams?
Original post by TrojanH
Do you guys with jobs work on them alongside school or are you only working now?

I'm in sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
:wtf: ? I thought your pay would go into your direct debit end of the month.

Nope I have known the boss for a long time and I only do few hours a week
Original post by TrojanH
How many days a week did you do, perhaps that was why you felt pressured with exams?

Srs? Did you read the thread bro? :wink:

Nah, it's because you're always forced to improve and improve. It's the same for any sales-y job, you've got to perform because your bosses' bosses' boss is looking at the macro level figures across the company, if things don't add up, pressure can trickle down..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending