The Student Room Group

Is it detrimental if i do English language?

For Law,at Russel Group you need two A-Levels(facilitating).I picked History and English Literature,and Physcology.At my prospective school,the option blocks do not fit my subjects (for example History and English Lit are together in the same block,but so is Bio and Chem,which is weird)
So how bad is it doing Eng Lang and Lit,since it isn't facilliating?
Reply 1
bump.
Original post by Blancosdos
For Law,at Russel Group you need two A-Levels(facilitating).I picked History and English Literature,and Physcology.At my prospective school,the option blocks do not fit my subjects (for example History and English Lit are together in the same block,but so is Bio and Chem,which is weird)

It's not a bad subject to do but if your law school wants two facilitating subjects and you haven't got them you'll be a lot less likely to get in. Could you possibly switch psychology?
Reply 3
Nope.Besides not a facillaiting subject anyways.
Original post by DotDotDot...
It's not a bad subject to do but if your law school wants two facilitating subjects and you haven't got them you'll be a lot less likely to get in. Could you possibly switch psychology?
Original post by Blancosdos

Stunned because most people do Lit and History!

Consider geography, history, eng Lang + Lit? If you don't like science/ maths, you could also add a language.
Reply 5
I'm doing History anyways,i'm just worried if i do lang.And i want to do Lit,but option blocks may not allow that(i will ask them when i go for my interview).Worst case scenario is i may do Eng Lang due to optioning time tables clashing.:frown:
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Stunned because most people do Lit and History!

Consider geography, history, eng Lang + Lit? If you don't like science/ maths, you could also add a language.

I'm good at the [highlighted] bold subjects,however i don't enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest