The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Moved to biology exams.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by mercuryman
SAME!!! A2 is looking like a pain. (dont even get me started on unit 5)
just maximise AS and you'll be fine for an A hopefully!

Yeah hopefully *fingers crossed* and we've only just started Unit 5 :/
Original post by TheGreatImposter
YAAAY!!! It's about time someone made this.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to start revising now, oh, and is anyone doing resits?

Lool your pic and yeh I'm resitting Unit 1, got a flipping D on that paper and then a B on the other one. I thought I did so good on unit 1 and i even forgot to do some questions on unit 2 but still got a B on that one.

I've done my unit 4 revision but just started unit 5. bio goes slow for me
seen as this is the first thread. It is official :smile:
and personally, what works for me is breaking down that annoying chucky info in the textbook into 2/3 sentences! I know its generic but use lots of resources to aid you like CGP

I also make flash cards and stick them all over my wall haha

Ahh, I don't particularly use the CGP one, but use the green book by Ann Fullick. the actual textbook is so ****
Original post by Michaelj99
Lool your pic and yeh I'm resitting Unit 1, got a flipping D on that paper and then a B on the other one. I thought I did so good on unit 1 and i even forgot to do some questions on unit 2 but still got a B on that one.

I've done my unit 4 revision but just started unit 5. bio goes slow for me

LMAO this picture is the definition of my life. You're doing well still, I've legit only just started revision for unit 4
Just to reiterate, this is the old snab spec from 2008 and not the new one starting from 2015 since they don't even do their A2 exams rn
Yeah hopefully *fingers crossed* and we've only just started Unit 5 :/

Same here, I am going to start unit 5 next week, it seems awfully scary :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
LMAO this picture is the definition of my life. You're doing well still, I've legit only just started revision for unit 4

Ahh, I wanted to up my game from last year as I learnt my lesson from AS. how do you revise?
The ecology/global warming stuff makes unit 4 so hard to revise..
Ahh, I wanted to up my game from last year as I learnt my lesson from AS. how do you revise?

Read my revision guides and add anything from the textbook which isn't in the RG but on the spec (the RG covers a lot but not everything) and then do past papers :smile:
Read my revision guides and add anything from the textbook which isn't in the RG but on the spec (the RG covers a lot but not everything) and then do past papers :smile:

Ahh yeh I should work on past papers, I printed most of my subjects out in school #freeprinting
Ahh yeh I should work on past papers, I printed most of my subjects out in school #freeprinting

lol I abused my schools printing system too.
Did snab bio last year and got an a*, any queries or worries ask away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PsychoD
Did snab bio last year and got an a*, any queries or worries ask away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah! Do you have any tips on what resources we should use for snab bio?
How did you make your notes too? :smile:
Woah! Do you have any tips on what resources we should use for snab bio?
How did you make your notes too? :smile:

Make sure that you keep up to date with all of the AS content as they will ask about that as well. It sounds cliché but really try to understand the content, how topic link together and why things are happening. Print off the specification and make sure that you understand each point on it. Since this is the last year of assessment they are trying to find obscure things they haven't asked before to catch people out. However, everything they ask must be related to the spec. Last years unit 1 covered less than half A2 content, with most being AS and application/methods. take that as you will. Have you started unit 5 yet?
Original post by PsychoD
Make sure that you keep up to date with all of the AS content as they will ask about that as well. It sounds cliché but really try to understand the content, how topic link together and why things are happening. Print off the specification and make sure that you understand each point on it. Since this is the last year of assessment they are trying to find obscure things they haven't asked before to catch people out. However, everything they ask must be related to the spec. Last years unit 1 covered less than half A2 content, with most being AS and application/methods. take that as you will. Have you started unit 5 yet?

Wow looking forward to the exam this summer then...

We've just got topic 8 to do now, and then we are done.
Original post by A-LJLB
Wow looking forward to the exam this summer then...

We've just got topic 8 to do now, and then we are done.

Good thing is that grade boundaries are lower because the exam is harder, rewards people for actually understanding the content and not regurgitating it up again. Do all of the past papers including the international ones until you can get 90%+ in each, then you'll be ready.
Is Neutrophils the same as Granulocytes ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any typed up notes that they'd like to share on content of As/A2
Hi I'm a little worried, I've decided not to resit my unit 1 bio as it was a B (84 ums) while my unit 2 was at an E, if i were to resit unit 1 I'm sure my mental health would go through the roof and i would have a breakdown like last year. I am also re-submitting my unit 3 as i only got a C in that. My problem at the moment is that will resitting unit 2 and not unit 1 and resubmitting my unit 3 be enough to get me an A* at A2 if i get a good grade in my unit 4 and 5 this year or am i just kidding myself. I'm pretty sure only 3 people in my school managed to get an A* in biology last year with the majority being A's and B's. Will re-doing unit 2 and unit 3 be enough or should i forget about the A* ? Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending