The Student Room Group

Does this annoy you....

When people suddenly want to be a nurse when you get in? Since getting my place (3rd attempt may I add) 5....yes 5! People I know have applied literally because I have. They never had an interest before and it just irritates me. 1 girl hasn't got a single experience in care but yet she wants to be a nurse. Sorry for my rant I just think why?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
you are not making sense ...
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
you are not making sense ...

Why? Lol. I start nursing soon and a lot of "associates" have literally dropped everything and applied for nursing. They had no intention before I got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wbnurse
When people suddenly want to be a nurse when you get in? Since getting my place (3rd attempt may I add) 5....yes 5! People I know have applied literally because I have. They never had an interest before and it just irritates me. 1 girl hasn't got a single experience in care but yet she wants to be a nurse. Sorry for my rant I just think why?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so is it 3 attempts or 5?
so is it just 1 person or many?

also what happened to background info? xD
Reply 4
Original post by wbnurse
Why? Lol. I start nursing soon and a lot of "associates" have literally dropped everything and applied for nursing. They had no intention before I got in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I had too much wine to make sense ...
Reply 5
Original post by thefatone
so is it 3 attempts or 5?
so is it just 1 person or many?

also what happened to background info? xD

five ADDITIONAL people.
Reply 6
I'm sorry maybe I've not proof read :/ I attempted to get in 3 times over many years.....5 people I know suddenly want to be nurses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by wbnurse

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really understand why you are annoyed. It's obvious that you have inspired these people to make nursing their new career interest. Why would this be a bad thing? Nursing is a great profession and if you believe that they are applying but not suitable then I guess they will find that out themselves.
I agree with the previous poster. When I applied to do nursing it peeked people's interest and other people applied too. Not everyone got a place but some of them are now trained nurses who work in different specialities. I don't think this is a bad thing, and if it's just a fad because they don't know what to do with their lives then they will most likely drop out in their first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending