The Student Room Group

Greatest regret of you life?

What is the greatest regret of your life and why? Mine is ringing the wrong former friend after I left school. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

This seems like an interesting thread, I'll bump it :biggrin:
Obligatory comment about being born.
I regret dating the older brother instead of his more intelligent, fitter younger brother :cry:
Making an account on this.

(So happy I was first to say this, but now I bet as soon as I post it there will be another one.)
Reply 5
Original post by Alfed
What is the greatest regret of your life and why? Mine is ringing the wrong former friend after I left school. :frown:

sorry you had to wait for 2 hours ...
I don't really have 1 big thing that I regret (though somethings that happened on various nights out could probably qualify), but in general I regret not taking chances when I was younger because I was scared of failing (and maybe a little scared of succeeding too)

Edit: I repped the post below, because I did the same. Thinking back I put no where near enough work in, and if I had worked as hard as some of my friends and some of the people on TSR I would have been able to get into a really good uni. But on reflection I don't really regret that. I had an awesome time at uni, got a first and made friends for life. Maybe everyone gets caught up and fixated on what could have been, rather than stopping to really appreciate what we have.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
****ing up my alevels
Switching schools for sixth form.
I'm doing better academically where i am now, but i feel like I made the wrong choice in August, not really sure why.
getting thrown out of uni
not spending more quality time with my late brother
Original post by Alfed

Interesting.

Sounds like this decision had far-reaching consequences.

:frown:
Not picking the right course at uni which ended up me going to a uni I didn't want to go to :emo:
Reply 12
having sex at 7

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ivy.98
****ing up my alevels

:jumphug:
Reply 14
Original post by stefano865
Interesting.

Sounds like this decision had far-reaching consequences.

:frown:

Yep. He was my best friend and the only person who would hang around with me at school after I stopped hitting him. He was a good guy who I had a lot in common with. However I didn't do much with him outside of school. So I ended up ringing the other people I used to hang around with outside of school. I should have rung the first guy instead.
Original post by Alfed

Everytime i started dofe i regretted it bc of the expedition and anytime i do exercise i regret it too
Reply 16
Original post by thefatone
Everytime i started dofe i regretted it bc of the expedition and anytime i do exercise i regret it too

What does defo meaning?
Reply 17
Original post by stefano865
:jumphug:

its okay, got exactly 3 months to fix my life. :smile:
Original post by Alfed
What does defo meaning?

Duke of Edinburgh (award)
Original post by Alfed
Yep. He was my best friend and the only person who would hang around with me at school after I stopped hitting him. He was a good guy who I had a lot in common with. However I didn't do much with him outside of school. So I ended up ringing the other people I used to hang around with outside of school. I should have rung the first guy instead.

...so this ruined your friendship? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending