The Student Room Group

Can I bring up my English grade in time?

So I'm currently taking my GCSE's and I've been doing really well. I've been getting A's in maths, science and quite a few other - which I'm happy with. But I suck at English! I know some people are more into stem subjects (I.E. ME) but I really need to bring my grade up, but I'm running out of time. I'm currently at a D grade.

Please any advice would be great!? Thanks
Original post by Nursesforever2
So I'm currently taking my GCSE's and I've been doing really well. I've been getting A's in maths, science and quite a few other - which I'm happy with. But I suck at English! I know some people are more into stem subjects (I.E. ME) but I really need to bring my grade up, but I'm running out of time. I'm currently at a D grade.

Please any advice would be great!? Thanks

Hey, just a bit of advice. I was at a D grade until around April and then a C grade and I managed to get an A for my actual exam! My advise would be to do every past paper question and as tedious as it may be, do them again! Try and time yourself accurately and don't be disheartened by your grade.
Original post by TianaEsther
Hey, just a bit of advice. I was at a D grade until around April and then a C grade and I managed to get an A for my actual exam! My advise would be to do every past paper question and as tedious as it may be, do them again! Try and time yourself accurately and don't be disheartened by your grade.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to give that a go! Hopefully it will help enhance my grade in time. I could do with getting a B really, so I'm going to have to work hard! :smile:
Original post by Nursesforever2
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to give that a go! Hopefully it will help enhance my grade in time. I could do with getting a B really, so I'm going to have to work hard! :smile:

Definitely! Don't aim for a B, aim higher! :tongue:
Thanks so much for the great advice! Just worried because throughout the year I've always been a couple of marks off a C,and it worries me so much! But I'm going to try my best to revise in the most efficient way. Thanks for the youtube link, I'll definitely check him out. And to the question you asked before; I'm doing English Language.

For me, I've been doing well in the reading section of the exam. The bit where you have to analyse and explain what the author's trying to portray; it's the writing section. I tend to go off topic, and find it hard to write page after page, based off one line. Any advice?

I think most people just find English language and literature, boring haha. Unless they love it, but for me... just no.

Thanks for the great advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest