The Student Room Group

american highschools put us to SHAME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdwardBarfield9
I know you meant that the US high schools outshine the UKs athletically (weight wise) but think of it like this. There is no standard for sex ed in American high schools, which is a big deal. The strong religious aspect of the US can lead to pretty stupid things.

No standard?

Only a few states have Bible bashers, as each generation becomes less & less religious more atheists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
No standard?

Only a few states have Bible bashers, as each generation becomes less & less religious more atheists

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no standard of what they have to teach in sex ed.
Not a single squat was done.
Original post by MountKimbie
Not a single squat was done.

que??
Original post by SmashConcept
que??

ZERO. No depth.

Suppose it's sport specific training though.
Reply 25
i dont mind a bit of lifting here or there but we're not exactly going to be roided up hand egg players are we, we train for stuff such as football, tennis heck even boxing.

I prefer have high school moments like this loool

[video="youtube;_LKYLnrTMq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LKYLnrTMq0[/video]
ZERO. No depth.

Suppose it's sport specific training though.

Post a video of your squats.
Post a video of your squats.

why? Let's not beat around the bush I'll just send you a booty pic...
Original post by Straighthate
5:36
[video="youtube_share;IrvR73bPb6U"]http://youtu.be/IrvR73bPb6U?t=356[/video]

this is fairly standard practice in america, most schools will have kids who can squat 4+ plates for reps

i could do that too with some big black kid holding me up
why? Let's not beat around the bush I'll just send you a booty pic...

Because you think this is an egregiously high squat....

According to the YT comments he was a 5 star recruit though. And no, most high schools do not produce that calibre of player. Not even on the misc lmao.
Original post by Chakede
i could do that too with some big black kid holding me up

he didnt help him once
Oh noes
Someone call the police
Original post by nuraf
i dont mind a bit of lifting here or there but we're not exactly going to be roided up hand egg players are we, we train for stuff such as football, tennis heck even boxing.

I prefer have high school moments like this loool

[video="youtube;_LKYLnrTMq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LKYLnrTMq0[/video]
is this video a joke on these kids? - they look like morons.
"duuh your bars are crap, walk away you cant rap"
wtf is this??
Reply 33
Original post by Chakede
is this video a joke on these kids? - they look like morons.
"duuh your bars are crap, walk away you cant rap"
wtf is this??

this is straight up bants

According to the YT comments he was a 5 star recruit though. And no, most high schools do not produce that calibre of player. Not even on the misc lmao.

I was more talking about the guy at 5:19 I think it was. I didn't watch all of it I stopped after that.

I find squatting above parallel really uncomfortable on my knee joints. ATG for reps and if it's a one rep max I'll hit a few inches above ATG, training maxes I do are ATG. No videos atm I'm not sure filming is allowed at my gym.

I do understand why they squat above parallel though.
(edited 8 years ago)
he didnt help him once
hes helping him hold his line, keeping balance, and pulling him up when hes struggling to rise.

usa has more black kid than uk - and the black kids over there are far more athletic than ours anyway - thats why usa dominates in olympics. these kids in your vid will in few years end up as grown nfl footballers at prob 250-350 pounds, they make rugby players look small
I was more talking about the guy at 5:19 I think it was. I didn't watch all of it I stopped after that.

I find squatting above parallel really uncomfortable on my knee joints. ATG for reps and if it's a one rep max I'll hit a few inches above ATG, training maxes I do are ATG. No videos atm I'm not sure filming is allowed at my gym.

I do understand why they squat above parallel though.

To be honest that angle is so terrible that his depth could basically be anything. Judging by the rest of the video it is probably around about parallel. There is no reason I can think of for football players to squat above parallel deliberately. Edit - except maybe to attract the attention of recruiters with inflated numbers but I doubt that works.
Original post by Chakede
hes helping him hold his line, keeping balance, and pulling him up when hes struggling to rise.

usa has more black kid than uk - and the black kids over there are far more athletic than ours anyway - thats why usa dominates in olympics. these kids in your vid will in few years end up as grown nfl footballers at prob 250-350 pounds, they make rugby players look small

at not one point in that vid does he grab him and pull him up
he literally brushes his tips against his waist, how on earth is such little force going to keep him on balance?
(edited 8 years ago)

this is fairly standard practice in america, most schools will have kids who can squat 4+ plates for reps

its no wonder they dominate in the olympics

why doesnt the UK emphasise athleticism like this for younger people?

Well the reason America and China do so well in the Olympics is the number of athletes they can invest money in is higher than other countries. Then look at Americas comparatively embarressing performance in the Paralympics.

Also America's fitness is not exactly that great given their obesity rate is about 2/3s of adults.
Original post by JohnGreek
who the **** judges an educational system based on how many weights its students can bench?

you are just being stupid now

Quick Reply

Latest