The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

The Anti-Pakistan brigade in full force today, shame they had to spout their hatred on the Cricket forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
The Anti-Pakistan brigade in full force today, shame they had to spout their hatred on the Cricket forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what here? looks like most pak fans , they spout the most against pakistan -you cant blame them pakistan never plays for their fans, they have done this for last couple of decades

most of the time they end up just supporting bangladesh - which they will prob do on sunday
Reply 802
I would but I don't like BCCI :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And you like PCB? Ha!
Sami's no-balls should be put down, I hope, to the fact he shouldn't be in the damn team and only is in due to short termism by the selectors. Corruption is a part of the game for every nation and throwing slurs (like Vaughan did during the Pakistan-England series) are lazy and unhelpful. Congrats to Bangladesh, fully deserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 804
Original post by Chakede
thats an over-reaction, their bowlers are the ones that cheat. their batsmen are jsut **** andso weak-ass collapses are part n parcel of pakistan

I meant more that the search for cash is more endemic over there, because their players aren't paid as well as the Big Three, or whatever.

Original post by sachinisgod
Well they do have a long history of match fixing and throwing away games for cash. So you cant rule anything out.

Absolutely. Very sad.
Original post by JRP95
And you like PCB? Ha!

I never said I've liked them :P Plus, I admire the Indian team, just not the Board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
Sami's no-balls should be put down, I hope, to the fact he shouldn't be in the damn team and only is in due to short termism by the selectors. Corruption is a part of the game for every nation and throwing slurs (like Vaughan did during the Pakistan-England series) are lazy and unhelpful. Congrats to Bangladesh, fully deserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i maintain wahab riaz is the best bowler pakistan have produced for a long while and theres no sign of him - i can only assume he was dumped in favour of bringing back the no-baller
Reply 807

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that aimed at me?
Original post by Mackay
Is that aimed at me?

You're a usual, why would I aim it at you? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chakede
i maintain wahab riaz is the best bowler pakistan have produced for a long while and theres no sign of him - i can only assume he was dumped in favour of bringing back the no-baller

IMO, Wahab and Amir could be Pakistans spearhead attack for the coming years. Amir, having been one of the best if not the best bowler in the Asia Cup obviously needs to bowl well to lose the 'cheater' tag and I think he's coping well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 810
You're a usual, why would I aim it at you? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I wasn't sure.

Onto the World Twenty20... I'm getting very excited.

In truth, I can't see anybody other than Dhoni lifting the trophy at the end of the competition. Australia have a chance, but like England, they need to play spin better. SA have some great players, but the old mentality of falling short will remain and hinder them.

NZ are outsiders, as are the Windies, despite their power hitters. I'd say Pakistan will make the final four, and it depends on which SL turns up as to how they do.
Original post by moment of truth
Martin Crowe passes away at the age of 53. I don't actually know that much about him, apart from the fact that he is one of the best NZ players of all time. Extremely sad news.

Rest in Peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Chakede
yes an nz legend great batsmen, and cousin of russel crowe actuaally

Thoughts for his family and all who knew him.
Original post by Mackay
Haha! I wasn't sure.

In truth, I can't see anybody other than Dhoni lifting the trophy at the end of the competition. Australia have a chance, but like England, they need to play spin better. SA have some great players, but the old mentality of falling short will remain and hinder them.

NZ are outsiders, as are the Windies, despite their power hitters. I'd say Pakistan will make the final four, and it depends on which SL turns up as to how they do.

I somewhat agree, but believe India or SA will lift the trophy. Hope England atleast get to the Semis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Haha! I wasn't sure.

I hope it isn't as one-sided and as straightforward as India are gonna definitely be the World Champions! I think the main difference this year compared to previous years is that the other sub-continental teams (Pakistan and SL, in particular) don't seem particularly strong (from their recent performances) and the other teams all have their problems against spin bowling. I hope some of the teams can prove me wrong, though.

Why do you think Pakistan will make the semis?
http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/974679/frankly-yours--dale-steyn

An interview with Dale Steyn. A must read.

I really hope that he comes back to full fitness. There isn't much better sights in world cricket than Dale Steyn bowling a furious spell of fast bowling. Will be interesting to see how well he does in the WT20, too.
Reply 815

Why do you think Pakistan will make the semis?

Whenever I don't seem to back Pakistan, they have a habit of surprising me and doing really well. So, I've learned never to write them off.
Reply 817
Well, well, well.

SA win by three wickets in the first of the three-match T20 series with Australia at Kingsmead.

Miller made 53*, and Tahir chipped in with three wickets as the Aussies found themselves 9 down for 157. They can thank Mitchell Marsh they even got that far, in truth. They collapsed - 35-5 - part-way through the innings.

Australia's lack of match-winning bowlers surfaced once again. Dismissing SA's early big hitters and reducing them to 90-6, you'd have fancied them to sew up the match pretty easily.

I thought the writing was on the wall for SA when ABDV went for a golden duck, but it wasn't to be, despite de Kock and du Plessis not managing anything of note. They got over the line.
Original post by Mackay
Well, well, well.

SA win by three wickets in the first of the three-match T20 series with Australia at Kingsmead.

Miller made 53*, and Tahir chipped in with three wickets as the Aussies found themselves 9 down for 157. They can thank Mitchell Marsh they even got that far, in truth. They collapsed - 35-5 - part-way through the innings.

Australia's lack of match-winning bowlers surfaced once again. Dismissing SA's early big hitters and reducing them to 90-6, you'd have fancied them to sew up the match pretty easily.

I thought the writing was on the wall for SA when ABDV went for a golden duck, but it wasn't to be, despite de Kock and du Plessis not managing anything of note. They got over the line.

Do you know why Dale Steyn didn't play? I thought he was a certain for the T20's?

Massive positive for SA that they won with ABDV and de Kock not contributing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 819
Do you know why Dale Steyn didn't play? I thought he was a certain for the T20's?

Massive positive for SA that they won with ABDV and de Kock not contributing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said he was fit a few days ago. I guess they don't want to throw him in too early and risk aggravating the injury?

Quick Reply

Latest