The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Oops. If only. Corrected, thanks for pointing it out. :colondollar:

Nah, they're too good for me as well. I've applied to London Met through UCAS Extra.

Rekt the troll
Original post by Zacken
Dawn of dark: Results day, a day late.

Tagging people who might care

I care.
Original post by Student403
Rekt the troll

I think Zain is still hungover with his Oxford Brookes rejection
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I think Zain is still hungover with his Oxford Brookes rejection

Poor guy looks like he'll have to go to That Other Place
Original post by Zacken

Soooo, yesterday was results day. Being on an island has its drawbacks, I hadn't received anything yesterday. I had no clue when they were coming and I resigned myself to a week long, at the very least, period of suspense and anxiety. So I was fairly pleased this morning when my mum casually dropped the fact that the exam centre had called her and told her that we could go pick it up.

Whilst my results were fairly underwhelming and a little lower than what I'd set myself as a target especially for FP1 and M3, I'm just plain disappointed with myself there.

On the brighter side, this is definitely going to spur me on to get myself in gear for June and ace FP2 and FP3, I shan't let myself get complacent as I did with FP1. I'm also fairly happy with my Physics Unit 3 mark, given that I though I'd ended up with 40/60.

What are my results, you ask?

Results

Grats m8 !!! well done esp on physics in such a short time.
Original post by 84397694509
do you honestly think that making privacy settings stronger is going to do anything? delete this thread now and i will leave you alone forever

How sad must your life be to go around trolling people on TSR...
Original post by 84397694509
do you honestly think that making privacy settings stronger is going to do anything? delete this thread now and i will leave you alone forever

Hes not alone. Together We
Original post by Zacken

Results

Congratulations! :h:
Original post by Zacken

Soooo, yesterday was results day. Being on an island has its drawbacks, I hadn't received anything yesterday. I had no clue when they were coming and I resigned myself to a week long, at the very least, period of suspense and anxiety. So I was fairly pleased this morning when my mum casually dropped the fact that the exam centre had called her and told her that we could go pick it up.

Whilst my results were fairly underwhelming and a little lower than what I'd set myself as a target especially for FP1 and M3, I'm just plain disappointed with myself there.

On the brighter side, this is definitely going to spur me on to get myself in gear for June and ace FP2 and FP3, I shan't let myself get complacent as I did with FP1. I'm also fairly happy with my Physics Unit 3 mark, given that I though I'd ended up with 40/60.

Results

hi well done for these grades they are amazing! how do you revise to get near enough full marks in everything? Im doing AS physics at the moment and really struggling, your results are so impressive do you have any advice?
Original post by Zacken

Results

:congrats: Well done. I'm sure you will do well in June.
Reply 990
Original post by Euclidean
Congratulations! :h:

Thank you! :h:

Original post by poppyrobbins
hi well done for these grades they are amazing! how do you revise to get near enough full marks in everything? Im doing AS physics at the moment and really struggling, your results are so impressive do you have any advice?

My gratitudes! I'll be honest, I struggled with AS Physics, I didn't have any textbooks, I kept flunking past papers and I'm going to have to say that my grades are pretty much flukes for Physics! Although, I think what saved me was that I tried focusing on my understanding of physical concepts by watching tons of youtube videos that, whilst not inherently linked to AS Physics, covered physical concepts that ended up being helpful when doing questions. i.e: if you can understand newtons third law and action-reaction force pairs, the different conditions and stuff from watching the first bit of a uni lecture on it then that helped me formulate answers for AS Physics questions by making logical deductions and stuff, I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well but I hope you get my gist.

Also my results aren't quite as impressive as you think they are, but thank you nevertheless! :smile:

Original post by zetamcfc
:congrats: Well done. I'm sure you will do well in June.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Thank you! :h:

My gratitudes! I'll be honest, I struggled with AS Physics, I didn't have any textbooks, I kept flunking past papers and I'm going to have to say that my grades are pretty much flukes for Physics! Although, I think what saved me was that I tried focusing on my understanding of physical concepts by watching tons of youtube videos that, whilst not inherently linked to AS Physics, covered physical concepts that ended up being helpful when doing questions. i.e: if you can understand newtons third law and action-reaction force pairs, the different conditions and stuff from watching the first bit of a uni lecture on it then that helped me formulate answers for AS Physics questions by making logical deductions and stuff, I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well but I hope you get my gist.

Also my results aren't quite as impressive as you think they are, but thank you nevertheless! :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:

Um hell no
Take a break from revision and go catch a show - you two won't regret!

GUys the release date for Deadpool in Japan is confirmed. June 3rd 2016. Ill watch it probs before my STEP exam to have break
Original post by Duke Glacia
GUys the release date for Deadpool in Japan is confirmed. June 3rd 2016. Ill watch it probs before my STEP exam to have break

Ikr i couldnt believe it. ****in June 3rd. why did i even come back :frown:
Original post by Duke Glacia
Ikr i couldnt believe it. ****in June 3rd. why did i even come back :frown:

that's like 3 months away... I think I'll have FP2 like a few days after if I'm not wrong :tongue:
Um hell no

If his is a fluke, mine's a miracle
If his is a fluke, mine's a miracle

That's the thing - it ain't a fluke and yours wasn't a miracle :3
Original post by Zacken

Results

Congrats man!!
WE HAVE PASSED 1000 POSTS

The first GYG thread with >1k posts congratulations @Zacken!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending