The Student Room Group

Are there any half indian/ pakistani half white people here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
People are so weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's odd..
Nah stalker

no snarkyness but read the title of this thread clearly this question was not for you and I'm not being rude FYI or being "venomous".
People are so weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, and the weird ones are weirder online
Original post by xobeauty
Anywho soo...

Do any of yous get discriminated for being mixed within your own families?

My uncle on my english side (I think it was supposed to be banter or something, I dunno) used to call me the P word and muslim even though I wasn't.

AFter looking back I think it was just out of fear of people finding out he was gay.
Original post by Longshot700
My uncle on my english side (I think it was supposed to be banter or something, I dunno) used to call me the P word and muslim even though I wasn't.

AFter looking back I think it was just out of fear of people finding out he was gay.

The P word, pu**y?
Do you guys find the short hand version of Pakistani offensive?
Original post by xobeauty
The P word, pu**y?

No, P*ki, the racist term for anyone of south asian heritage.

Think I remember you saying you're canadian or something so I dunno if you have the word there but here in London, it is too well known.

Some people give me flack for saying the P word but the thing is P*ki was made for south asian people the same way N*gger was made for black people so it's just as bad and deserves censorship.
Original post by MountKimbie

You put this while I was typing my explanation for it, lol.

Yes, quite offensive.

Think I remember you saying you're canadian or something so I dunno if you have the word there but here in London, it is too well known.

Some people give me flack for saying the P word but the thing is P*ki was made for south asian people the same way N*gger was made for black people so it's just as bad and deserves censorship.

Oh yeah. That word is used a lot here... If you're brown, or look brown middle eastern ect you're a "Paki".
Original post by MountKimbie

Lol no. I don't understand why it's racist.

No, it's not the same Paki is just a shortened version of the word Pakistan, it's the people that tainted that country so they don't want to be associated with it.... ****** on the other hand isn't a short form of African...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol no. I don't understand why it's racist.

It's a derogatory term, meaning they think of you as lesser.

What does being gay have to do with that?
No, it's not the same Paki is just a shortened version of the word Pakistan, it's the people that tainted that country so they don't want to be associated with it.... ****** on the other hand isn't a short form of African...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't matter what it's a short form of, it's meant in an offensive way.
Original post by Eternalflames
It doesn't matter what it's a short form of, it's meant in an offensive way.

Why? Because Pakistan is such a terrible down trodden country?

Don't say that
Who knows how it started, why did Shilpa Shetty start crying when Jade called her Shilpa Poppadom? Because it was meant offensively
My point is it's used to racially offend
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The N word is a form of the spanish word Negro which means black, so an association between black and the n word is there.
Don't say that
Who knows how it started, why did Shilpa Shetty start crying when Jade called her Shilpa Poppadom? Because it was meant offensively

No, I was asking a question. If someone tells me not to say something because it's offensive I'd wanna know why. And it doesn't make sense because Pakistan isn't that bad of a country so that a shortened version of it being used to address brown people is labelled as racist.

That's like if orentials start saying being called Chinese is racist because people can't distinguish them from the other country's people.

I see what you're saying being called a paki shouldn't be a problem but apparently Pakistani people are looked down upon for whatever reason hence why the word paki has been used as hateful racial slur.
It's not right but that's what it's become.

I think Pakistani ppl are fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
He's nasty to get a reaction from people, he wants attention so he's saying anything outrageous to get it.
Great guy is probably just really bored, he needs to get a life too

:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest