The Student Room Group

How much do you get paid in your part-time job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Srs? Did you read the thread bro? :wink:

Nah, it's because you're always forced to improve and improve. It's the same for any sales-y job, you've got to perform because your bosses' bosses' boss is looking at the macro level figures across the company, if things don't add up, pressure can trickle down..

no no, i still want to know how many days you worked. logically, i assume that 4 days with shorter hours is worse for your studies, than 2 days with longer hours, and i suppose you can tell me if that is true or not.
Original post by TrojanH
no no, i still want to know how many days you worked. logically, i assume that 4 days with shorter hours is worse for your studies, than 2 days with longer hours, and i suppose you can tell me if that is true or not.

It was 3 days: 5 hours Fri, 5.5 Sat and 5.5 Sun. Obviously, lunch was added to that bridging it to > 6 hours for each.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Company and job position? Admirals Landing (privately owned pub)
Number of hours employed per week? 5-6.5 depending on how busy we are(zero hour contract)
Hourly rate? 5.30 minimum wage, for my age
Any other benefits? 10% off food.
How did you hear about the job? facebook. saw it on local job hunting group applied.
Company and job position? fast food restaurant
Number of hours employed per week? 8
Hourly rate? £4.60 (although I am 16 so it could be worse)
Any other benefits? free meal at lunch, discounts when not working, also cashback at a bunch of places
How did you hear about the job? bloody massive sign outside
Original post by Justmoll28
are you joking? i can tell youve never had a job hahaha, you cant name where you work for legal reasons when you sign your contract, doesnt take a genius to figure that out. If you need a job, apply to as many as possible and just be grateful if you get one. its not just about the pay and if thats all you think it is about then you need to reevaluate why you want to start working.

who the hell works, (especially in an entry level job) not for pay?

or are you some Mr "I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MULTI-TASK :biggrin:)"
You are.. It highly depends on the employer, I very much doubt Tesco would care whether you stated how much you were paid or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

who said i worked for tesco? where i specificially work it stated in my contract that if i mentioned online anywhere i am liable to get sacked for it. youre able to find out how much each job gets paid on the companies websites so i dont really know why this thread even exists to be honest.
Original post by Joshale
who the hell works, (especially in an entry level job) not for pay?

or are you some Mr "I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MULTI-TASK :biggrin:)"

because why would you want to be unemployed? sorry i would actually like to do something with my time that i get paid for and i like to do as well.
(also who said it was entry level?)

and im female so im no "mr" anything :smile: oh wait i think you mean, being an adult, you know getting a degree, living by myself (paying rent/bills etc), and working as well? i actually feel sorry for people like you who look down on others for wanting to act like an adult, jeez
who said i worked for tesco? where i specificially work it stated in my contract that if i mentioned online anywhere i am liable to get sacked for it. youre able to find out how much each job gets paid on the companies websites so i dont really know why this thread even exists to be honest.

Cool, so you're extrapolating what your contract says to the rest of the companies out there...

The thread exists because it gathers useful data points for people to base decisions and/or compare. Stop being a negative nancy.
Cool, so you're extrapolating what your contract says to the rest of the companies out there...

The thread exists because it gathers useful data points for people to base decisions and/or compare. Stop being a negative nancy.

im not being funny but literally almost all companies have small print somewhere in their contracts that mention stating where you work online, how many jobs have you had where that hasnt applied? ive had 3 different jobs that all have and im only 19 so what else am i supposed to think? most likely 99% of the large chain brands will have an issue with it, sorry i want to keep my job honey :smile:

if people are so desperate to find out then why dont they go to the different companies and find out themselves? this whole thread seems so shallow, just stating where you work and the pay means nothing, you might get paid a tonne but have a **** job or the other way around, like ive said before, im simply stating the obvious, sorry for looking at this thread from another perspective hun :smile:
im not being funny but literally almost all companies have small print somewhere in their contracts that mention stating where you work online, how many jobs have you had where that hasnt applied? ive had 3 different jobs that all have and im only 19 so what else am i supposed to think? most likely 99% of the large chain brands will have an issue with it, sorry i want to keep my job honey :smile:

if people are so desperate to find out then why dont they go to the different companies and find out themselves? this whole thread seems so shallow, just stating where you work and the pay means nothing, you might get paid a tonne but have a **** job or the other way around, like ive said before, im simply stating the obvious, sorry for looking at this thread from another perspective hun :smile:

I've worked for 2.5 years in total, and it's never been in any of my contracts. Again, you can't make statements like 'I'm 99% sure' because you're not and you're just basing it off of the jobs you've had. Again, no one will care to fire a sales assistant because they've posted their standardised salary online - HR have better things to deal with than that.

The thread isn't about being 'shallow' it's literally a data dump. I don't know why you're trying to find deeper meaning in it, when there isn't..

Your perspective is more of a whining session and an attempt to scaremonger people; if I'm quite honest. If you really don't like the thread you could have just ignored it lol
I've worked for 2.5 years in total, and it's never been in any of my contracts. Again, you can't make statements like 'I'm 99% sure' because you're not and you're just basing it off of the jobs you've had. Again, no one will care to fire a sales assistant because they've posted their standardised salary online - HR have better things to deal with than that.

The thread isn't about being 'shallow' it's literally a data dump. I don't know why you're trying to find deeper meaning in it, when there isn't..

Your perspective is more of a whining session and an attempt to scaremonger people; if I'm quite honest. If you really don't like the thread you could have just ignored it lol

ive worked 3.5 so yeah, sorry i like to take things seriously 'lol'
because why would you want to be unemployed? sorry i would actually like to do something with my time that i get paid for and i like to do as well.
(also who said it was entry level?)

and im female so im no "mr" anything :smile: oh wait i think you mean, being an adult, you know getting a degree, living by myself (paying rent/bills etc), and working as well? i actually feel sorry for people like you who look down on others for wanting to act like an adult, jeez
And there you go, you work for money obviously because you need to pay bills.... Go ask a billionaire to work in an entry level job for fun and so they're not "unemployed" which they obviously wouldn't care cause they can do the hell they like with the money? Unemployed is just a stigma for people with no money, if you have a **** load of money, then you don't need a job
Reply 52
ive worked 3.5 so yeah, sorry i like to take things seriously 'lol'

but does anyone know your real identity anyway....?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far :h:
Reply 53
www.glassdoor.co.uk - came across this website, has lots of useful info regarding salaries, interviews etc

If anyone's interested in finding out pay for sales assistant jobs at different stores here's the link: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/sales-assistant-salary-SRCH_KO0,15.htm
Reply 54
Company and job position?
steward at an activity center

Number of hours employed per week?
it's a zero hour contract (so whenever they need me)

Hourly rate?
£8

Any other benefits?
unlimited tea and biscuits :smile:

How did you hear about the job?
A friend went on a gap year and referred me
Original post by Jan15
but does anyone know your real identity anyway....?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far :h:

whats that supposed to mean?
Original post by Jan15
Well I'm sure your name isn't Miss Justmol28..... your employer wouldn't be able to identify you

moll* and my management call me moll soo...and they identify your accounts through your email, not username, just saying
Student Ambassador

It varies, usually around 20

Hourly rate?
£8.69

Any other benefits?
Free travel around the UK and in Europe.

A poster at my uni
Original post by Jackieox
Student Ambassador

It varies, usually around 20

Hourly rate?
£8.69

Any other benefits?
Free travel around the UK and in Europe.

A poster at my uni

That seems like a great job! Does the uni let you take exam season off as well? Where do you get to travel, is it just wherever the uni is marketing itself?
Reply 59
Company and job position? Fast food chain. Floor worker/till.

Number of hours employed per week? between 20-35 depending.

Hourly rate? 6.71 [I'm 21]

Any other benefits? Free lunches, flexibility to work when you can, some discounts at other stores.

How did you hear about the job? Google job search.

Quick Reply

Latest